Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why are prisons over crowded?

My wife says our mirror has been stolen....?
....should I ask the police to look into it?...

Why are there HATERS of Law Enforcement?
I already know what a lot of the Haters will say: Corruption, greed, no integrity, drug/ alcohol users, a pawn for the “MAN”.

Why don’t thieves trust other people? It is because ...

Give me your oppinion on this?
i am currently going threw charges with the court system and i am being charged with felony child abuse but heres the catch i have only been acused of this i kno for a fact myself that i did not do ...

Are prisons for protecting the public or the criminals?

Is it legal to shoot a...?
Jehovahs witness
if they tresspass on your property.......or just ring your bell when watching your favourite show on tv....

Money is the root of all evil. Do you agree?

Why have so many People lost faith in the police?
The police could not even boil an ...

Death Row Question?
This is a weird question and I hope no one thinks I'm joking. I wrote to some death row prisoners and found that they have commited the most gruesome crimes anyone has heard of---raping old ...

Can someone get a ticket for walking home drunk?
What is going on these days.A man can't walk down the street without folks bothering him.lol....

Right heres the serious question!?
if im mad would i know i was mad? but if i new i was mad would i be mad?...

Are you FOR or AGAINST gun control?

Does anyone have the guts to say anything to illegals...face to face?
i wonder as nothing is changing. i think the illegals are so used to doing whatver they want, that when we do show any enforcement of our laws..they freak out and get all crazy on us and say we'...

The Perfect Crime?
Is there a perfect crime, if there is what is it?
Additional Details
By perfect i mean you don't get cought and that nobody gets hurt....

Is this illegal?
i got arrested last night at j c pennys for stealing

i needed to use the restroom and they made the women stand in the bathroom stall with me is the illegal??????

im 13 a minor ...

Why are American policemen such thugs?
A distinguished British historian, in the USA for an international conference, was wrestled to the ground by 5 police officers, arrested and spent the night in the cells, simply for trying to cross ...

Should we bring back the death sentence?.?
the time is now right to bring back the death sentence.and not just for murder there is no fear of the justice system in this country....

Should police be allowed to carry guns?
It's being discussed. Can we really tust them to carry deadly weapons? Can we continue to leave them without?...

Why do cops think there God's?
there's nothing special about them!...

Not stopping for police????
I was followed on my motorbike the other day by a police unmarked car and it flashed to pull me over and i just bombed off down some road and it chased me for a bit but i got away in the end!! What ...

Sylvia C
Caught doing 95 mph in 70 limit> Any idea what the penalty will be?

Show all answers
Post your answer

shitebird
Costly .lots o points. maybe if were lucky driveing school

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

psychoticgenius
If you had listened to the Officer who charged you then you would know.

lilmissdisorganised
I expect you will lose your licence.

Crazy Diamond
Rating
I got a £40 fine for doing 45mph on a 30 mph road. Dont know if it will be any different in your case. Hope not, good luck ;)

?
beheaded

Blokheed
Rating
Was this on foot or in some kind of transportation?

Let me know this if you can and I will feed the results into my computer and tell you exactly what to expect. Cheers.

Davy B
Hopefully a very large fine and several penalty points. If it was over 100mph I think it is an instant ban

Phat Baz
Rating
Would have been jail had you killed a child or someone else.
Why do you people bother speeding all for the sake of getting home about 10 mins earlier in case you miss the match on telly or a particularly juicy bit of EastEnders.
Just think before you go sticking your foot on the accelarator How would you feel if you killed someone or someones child.
Having to live with that the rest of your life.
Or how would your family feel if they lost you .
Take it easy on the roads hun.
Im a Nurse and worked in A&E its not nice taking a toddler to the Mortuary
Baz

charlie3127389
Fine and three points for sure!!!

Mark G
Penalties vary greatly from state to state, and even city to city.

My guess? Going 25 over probably counts as 'excessive' speeding and requires you to appear in court. You'll get a needless lecture from a crappy judge who is disgruntled from having to work traffic court. Then the court will make you pay somewhere in the $200-$250 range. Probably the same amount of points put on your record as a normal speeding ticket.

If this is your first moving violation, it may not end up affecting your insurance rates. My advice: call your insurance agent and just ask. They won't raise your rates just for inquiring. If they say it's going to increase your insurance rates substantially, you may want to consider trying to get the ticket "fixed."

edit: wait, this is in the UK? I'm talking about the US.

DAVID H
Rating
You should be locked up a the key thrown away

joan k
Rating
This is the nanny state so the penalty could be having your car crushed with you inside.

kraigaa
Rating
A fine and/or 3 points on ur license.

Doethineb
Rating
You are likely to be given a stiff fine plus 3-6 points, plus costs. The magistrates of the court hearing the case will probably order you to attend court because they have to consider possible disqualification. If you were on a motorway far from home, this could add to the total misery of your situation.

☥♡☯☮✌
uk,
Fixed Penalty fine = £60 and 3 points
http://www.snooper.co.uk/speed-camera-law.htm
http://www.weeklygripe.co.uk/a67.asp
US $120.xx
http://www.dollars2pounds.com/

Ghost Boy
sentence of death.

Korky
Rating
Three points and a fine of about 250 squid

Neil M
Rating
Probably £60 plus 3 points. If you do not currently have any points, or only have 3, then your insurance will stay the same.

Bad luck.

Were you driving safely? I have nothing against speeding as long as you are driving safely.

If you want to fight it, before you sign ANYTHING check out the forums at UK site:

www.pepipoo.com

good luck.

a new me UK
Not enough

wacky
Rating
Depends on who you are and who you play for? Tell the judge you are "Ronaldo"

fast eddie
well they'll probably try to intimidate you and wag their finger at you from on high, dont worry about it, just pay the fine and take the point, i think your on the brink of getting 6, but 3 if your lucks in,fines are means tested so make sure when you go to court (they'll give you a yellow form on arrival) that you have all your outgoings written down and your income. make sure your income is as low as possible and your outgoings as high as possible. you can have a 'negative' income where your out goings exceed your income. just ease off on the overtime and makesure you list every outgoing you can, try and write it all down first weeks before you go, by the way be careful the insurance premium doesnt go up. if you have a plausible reason for breakin the limit you'll do better, its all about damage limitaion. look respectable and smart, do your hair and look pretty for court, - it works

Liza
Rating
It should say on your ticket. I assume that your ticket lists several options of how you deal with the ticket. The options are usually: pay the ticket and admit guilt, admit guilt and take traffic school (may not be available because you were going too fast), and go to court. Check your ticket. It's possible that since you were doing 25 over the limit that your only option is court, but check the fine print on the ticket.

sam g
Rating
It should be £60 fine and 3 points, but it all depends on where this 70mph road is.... was it a motorway ? or just a dual carriageway ?

But the above is the norm.

Scouse
Hung drawn and quartered with a £200 fine and 6 points

steve m
Rating
3 points and a fine. i got done doing 90 mph in a 50 limit..dont ask!.. and i got 28 day ban and £150.

Fast & Furious
Rating
Wear your Spurs shirt to court. Maybe they will take pity on you!!

Googlypants
Rating
Public execution

scottie
Points and fine. I was done (95 in 70)a good few years ago, got 3points(fixed) and £70. Just as well you were under 100 instant ban

Scobill
Rating
Depends whether or not it is a first offence . It will definitely be a fine and points
First offence I am guessing 3 points and £250 fine . More than first offence !!!! could be a big fine!!
You may also be done for dangerous driving , but as you were not caught at 100 mph + will probably escape a reckless driving charge .

havanadig
Rating
Around £10 to £15 for every mile per hour above the limit,oh yes and your penalty points between 3 or 6

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy