Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

In a teenagers pocket? A packet of smokes or a knife? It appears that most of the kids that carry knives don't
smoke. Has something gone wrong someplace?
Additional Details
Please answer the question with an answer not another question....

I let some use my vehicle for a week & they choose not to give it back after a month could i report it stolen.
i would like what kind of legal action could i take
some say report it stolen some say that i cant which is ...

When someone commits robbery is it the state that presses charges? (details inside)?
Okay lets say someone steals someone TV. The cop catches him and the person that he stole the TV from does not want to press charges. Does he still go to jail for robbery or is it dropped because the ...

Is it REALLY against the law to drive barefooted?
My dad used to say that it was against the law to drive barefooted. When asked why, he said it was to protect our feet. Then again, my dad has always loved pulling people's legs... It's ...

Boyfriend drinks & drives & won't listen when I tell him to stop! Should I call the cops on him?
My boyfriend goes to the bars with his friends on a regular basis. What scares me is that he drives drunk & tells me to mind my own business when I plead with him to stop. He also drinks while he&...

Do other countries have morbidly obese police or just the united states?
I think obesity would limit their ability to do physical aspects of their job. In my travels i really don't remember seeing any 300 lb chunk o lards in uniform and here they are hanging out at ...

How can I make someone stop calling me?
This is an ex's new girlfriend. She keeps calling my cell phone and harrassing me. My cell phone carrier cannot block her number. I use my cell for business so I really can't change the ...

Do Jerks who like to abuse people gravitate to Police Academies?
There has been a rise in police violence in the Western World particularly in USA.
Maybe it is due to academies accepting more gung ho applicants.

Sane,rational and logical replies ...

Would you prefer 2 years of probation or one month in county jail?

Who Hates The Police?
Ha the real question is who doesn't ...

I had my husband Arrested!!?
Well here is the story. My husband has been a cop for years, and recently joined the army then went AWOL from basic training. We have been together for 7 years married we have sons. Throughout our ...

Are the nation's police officers a bunch of congenital liars?
Has the Drug War Created an Officer Liars' Club?
By Joseph D. McNamara

>> "I've come to believe that hundreds of thousands of law-enforcement officers commit ...

What would you like to see the police concentrate on in your city?
Specify drugs, home invasion, traffic, prostitution, burglary, rape or other acts of violence. Specify one and discribe how you would go about convincing your police dept. to follow through on your ...

What ia a witness statement?

Does a person have the right to kill MY dog in MY yard?
My neighbor came into my yard the other day yelling at me for letting my kids play in "his" woods. My dog went after him during this verbal attack and he pulled a gun and was about to shoot ...

UK govt. to demand credit details and mobile numbers of ALL air passgengers. What do you think?
-The EU/ UK gov. is to introduce a new policy where all air passengers have to give their mobile numbers and credit card details to the gov before flying..
http://www.guardian.co.u...

Check this out...Ticket on a bicycle!?
While riding my bicycle to the store, I was pulled over by a cop who gave me a ticket for "falling to obey a traffic control device(red light). What is this world coming to....

Okay....I have to ask this.....?
I am soooooooooo sick and tired of hearing about all these school shootings!!!!
I want to know:
What is the WORST school shooting in history?...

If you smoke in public and your not over 18 can you get in trouble?
I know and see people all the time who smoke and are under 18 and they do it with no problem. I'm just curious if people can get in trouble and if so what kind of trouble....

Human Rights Act and and Terrorism Act, where does one end and the other begin.?
It seems that the 2 acts are contradicting each other. UK police shot an innocent man on suspicion of being a terrorist, now they arrest 2 men and charged them for terrorism because they found books ...

Legion
Can you go to jail for pulling a gun on someone?
Lets say you have a concealed weapons permit , and some guy is trying to fight you , and you stick the barrel down his face and tell him to fck off , can he call the cops or something?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Patrick U
If you can show that you felt your life was in danger by this person then may be you are ok.

If a person wants to fight you with fists then man-up and scrap with that person as a man.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

El Scott
Rating
That is an assault and you could be arrested for it. It would be up to the judge to decide if the level of force you used was appropriate or not.

ladym1871
Rating
Question 1, where are you??? The laws on self defense using a firearm differ from state to state and sometimes even withn a state.

Question 2, did you instigate the encounter? If so then you probably would have a hard time claiming self defense.

Question 3, if you have a CHL then you already know that EVERY TIME you pull your gun, you are in fear of your life and your should make a report to the police. Therefore why would you be worried about the other person calling them, since you are going to anyway?

x gamerz x
Rating
somtime, but if i shoot him the ull go to jail but if u dont have a gun permit and still take out a gun u will be arresed 4 or 5 years trust me it happened to me but luckly i had a gun permit and didnt shoot him and 1 more thing, if he has a gun then u can shoot him or if u hvave some weapon stab him or shoot him or have a knife or somthing u can stab him in the leg u wont get in trouble if u do it for no reason yea u will

chelseamandaughter
Rating
Why would you pull a gun and say anything? If you pull a gun, the time for talking has long since passed. Sounds like you've been watching too much TV.

deanc1963
Depends on your state, and the specific circumstances. A concealed weapons permit is not a blanket license to use a gun in a threatening manner. Not enough specifics in your question to really say...

The law everywhere in the US does have a "proportional force" concept, where the force you use in self-defense has to be in reasonable proportion to the minimum required to defend yourself. You can't shoot someone who calls you names and yells. Only if there is no other way to reasonably defend yourself, and you have a reasonable fear for your life, can you use that level of force. Even then, the law expects you to just wound someone if that's at all possible. The definition of "reasonable" force in a given situation is left up to a court to decide, on the idea that a judge and.or jury are disinterested and dis-passionate third parties.

Crazy Horse
I agree with Joe in Texas. I will vote for the open carry law and shoot to kill anyone that breaks into my home, or tries to do bodily harm to me or my family.

"If you kill us, we will kill you back" Ron White

delive_rance
Rating
CAN SOMEONE GO TO JAIL FOR PULLING A GUN on someone or somebody? YES absolutely, it is considered to be a felony. TRYING TO FIGHT is not a license for somebody who has license to carry to bring it out for this reason only.

THAT IS WHY IT IS DANGEROUS FOR SOME people who have guns to bring them out just for altercation or verbal tossle in the streets because they might shot the person in cold blood. THAT PERSON who received the threat under the barrel of the gun CAN COMPLAIN TO THE POLICE and charge the other guy who stick his gun to his face. HE CAN BE ARREST by the police whether HE IS A COP OR JUST A CIVILIAN, if he is a cop the more he must be administratively charge and dismissed.

Joe in texas
I only know about Texas. If you have a concealed carry liscense and are carrying a gun for your defense you can use your gun to stop (kill) someone who is attempting to kill you or do serious injury. The danger must be imminent, and you must have no opportunity to escape.
If someone is threatening you with assault and you have reason to fear injury or death you can certainly aim your weapon at your assailant. The law does not require you to wait until he is actually assaulting you to remove your gun from concealment.

PillowPants
Of course he CAN call them, it really depends on the situation thought as far as the outcome. IF you have a concealed pistols license, then they really can't take you to jail for it, and if they do for some reason, it wouldn't stick in court.

Logic316
Rating
If he's merely verbally threatening you and he's unarmed, pulling a weapon on him will get you charged with "menacing", among other possible offenses. If he first threatens you with a weapon, then it would likely be justified. You should never display a firearm unless you reasonably believe that your life is in danger. Besides, you never know how some people will react when they have a weapon pointed at them. If the other guy is psychotic, suicidal, drunk, or on drugs, you may actually *provoke* him to attack and then you'd have no choice but to shoot him. Then you'd be guilty of manslaughter, because you unnecessarily escalated the situation. If somebody gets in your face, simply walk away. If he pulls a weapon, attacks you, or keeps you from leaving, then you're only legally allowed to use the minimum level of force necessary to safely get away from him - you cannot use any force or threats of force merely to protect your pride.

bob67cam
yes he can, the law is "brandishing a weapon"
unless you call the cops 1st and say you were defending yerself youd be in some deep stuff

ikeman32
It's never a good idea to threaten a person with a gun even if they are being beligerant Jack @ss. Most states or municpalities have laws governing the appropriate use of a fire arm. It is not always necessary to brandish a gun to get a person to back off, the mere sight of a gun is enough to give most reasonable people a moment of pause. So the act of uncovering your gun without unholstering it so they can see it aught to be sufficient in most cases.

Citicop
Rating
It is against the law (in Missouri) to "display a firearm in an angry or threatening manner."

So, yes, you can (and probably would) go to jail for that.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, December 18, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy