Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Does anyone know how to calculate "time off for good behavior" in the illinois prison system.?
Not for a murderer, rapist or pedifile. Friend got hard time for a DUI. Illinois does not fool around....

Just made a t-shirt to wear saying Death to the Usurper,?
since I do not mention Obama by name, why did everyone say I can get arrested for threatening the President? Wouldn't that be an admission that they know he is a usurper and not legally the P...

How to fight a parking ticket issued in Los Angeles by mail?
I got a parking ticket in the morning because I parked my car during street sweeping. How can I fight this parking ticket by mail? I would like to know if there is a website that has letters created ...

In washington, is it illegal for a 14 year old girl to go out with a 17 year old boy?
my parents are threatening to get him arrested because of this. is this even legal for them to do that?
Additional Details
also, we are not having sex. we both decided to wait until it ...

What are the legal limitations foe use seragem commercialy?
I like to purchase one seragem masseger to use commercialy . Is there legal haserts?...

What happens later in life if you go to jail?

How are your records after you go to jail?

If a judge requests a psychological evaluation for the accused, when will he be able to plea?
This is at the arraignment. His mental stability is in question. I assume when a hearing convenes, the judge will then determine if the defendant is competent to enter a plea. What happens in this ...

Is supervised supervision the same as probation?
So i went to court the other day. I had a class 4 felony charge of disorderly conduct for filing a "fake" police report.

I dont want to go into detail.

I'm just ...

Where barun ghandhi arrested?
etah & ...

Listen Police Scanners online?
so i have been trying to find a site that you can listen to police scanners online and have been failing to find anything...does any one know?...

Is mailing in an open container ticket received in nyc to the nyc criminal court for 25$ within 10 days okay?
Also, will they mail me back and let me know if they received the payment or not? I don't have to go to court if I plead guilty by mail and paid the ticket right?...

How bad does you credit have to be before the Border Patrol rejects you?
If you have already received the acceptance letter and your credit gets worse does that jepordize your chance of being hired?...

Ive never been served but is it still in effect?
my wife filed a ro just so another man can move in my home with my wife and 2 daughters. she also filed for divorce. i never been served the papers but did see a court date for the 13th but now the ...

Stolen iPod........................
This may be the wrong section...but it's the only section where I could get a serious answer.
Okay, so recently I had an iPod touch (16GB, 2nd gen.) stolen out of my backpack in the school ...

Got fired because of a rude customer. How to get her fired too?
I have been working at quizno's for almost 2 years. I am the shift manager and have had a great customer service in my entire time i worked there. My manager who is store manager is asian and he ...

Help..Advice needed on telephone abuse?
A close friend of mine lives in New york and she is receiving calls from an anonymous caller whose number is marked as 'private number'. When she answers, the caller is mumbling or ...

What the police report is good for?
My husband have a car accident. It was the other driver fault. The other driver admitted in his statement that he runs the light on red. The police report said that was the other driver's fault, ...

I was at a party that was busted by the cops?
After the cops came and everything and searched the house. they didnt breathalize any one or anything. they just take my info are they able to bust me for underage drinking?...

What's a good first time fire arm (please see details)?
Not really a law enforcement question but I didn't know where else to post it. I've never owned a gun but I'm considering getting one for protection, to be kept in the house. Problem ...

LoL, SRSLY?!?!
Can you get arrested for...?
trying to commit suicide in certain places?

like if a negotiator or sumthin convinces you not to jump off a building, can they arrest you afterward?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Skittles:)
Rating
um, from what i know, I'm pretty sure they can. But I'm not positive on that.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Juan R
Rating
well i think you can but they will have to find proof to see of they did say that but it could be hard. if they are i think it is the lowest murder charge

Carl
Yes of course because they protecting your life.
life is precious.

Shannon
no they cannot. however, they can if you cause alot of trouble ie:reckless endangerment of innocent civilians.
they will or can try and put you into therapy and into a psycologist

Novarobin
In three provinces I have worked in in Canada, they had a mental health act with similar abitlities for Police to arrest. If you are threatening suicide or are a danger to others, you can be arrested and taken to be assessed by Doctors. There are no criminal charges, but it is possible the Dr. can commit you to the mental health ward for a period of time.

Michael
Rating
You may be taken into protective custody, and transported to an approptiate facility. You may be handcuffed and searched, but the officer will read a statement something to the affect "I have placed restraints on you for your protection and mine. You are not under arrest. I have searched you for your protection and mine. I am transporting you to a facility where you can recieve treatment."

You are usually not arrested, although Suicide is a crime in many places.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, October 26, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy