Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Is the expiration on CA driver license always the same date as driver's birthday?
I was a bank teller 30 yrs. ago and EVERY CA license I saw expired on the holder's birthday. I've just gotten someone's license to verify their identity but the exp. is not the ...

I got a parking ticket for NO REASON at all! What do i do?
The car is my mom's and she had let me borrow it for the day. The parking space was owned by a private company and i was unaware of that. Nevertheless, I parked the car, paid for the space, put ...

Whats your take on the fox red eye segment?
so I am Canadian and proud of it. Its no wonder that these idoits are on at 3 am because if most Canadians saw this they would come and invade you.
http://www.youtube.com/w...

How to become a bounty hunter?
I am from ohio and am 21 years old and i want to become a bail bonds agent/bounty hunter i have two questions...
1. How do i become licensed to do this and what are the educational/age ...

Is Johnny "Mad Dog" Adair really a homosexual,or is it just propaganda?
The guy who used to kill innocent people in NI...

What should I do I don't want to go to jail and get raped by men and beaten up every day?
My ex-friend that lives in New Zealand said today on Windows Live Messenger that he has filed charges against me with the police for “harassment” and he said that since I am a minor that my ...

Is there anyway we can try to help people in jail?
i wanted to know if there was and organization or someone that can help people in jail. not all people in jail are bad they probably just made wrong decisions or are immigrants or are in there ...

Why is there a jail sentence of one year and one day?
why not just one year? why the extra day?...

Why is it that to join the US military, you just need to have a green card, but to be a police officer, you?
have to be a citizen? I think it should be the to be the other way around, since being a member of the US armed forces is a much harder and demanding job than a police officer, especially when you ...

How long will this man get?
http://gazettextra.com/n
I'm good friends with his son, and its really tough on him, because his parents just got a ...

Do police officers have designated regions that they routinely patrol?
or day they just get assingned a different area everyday or do they even get assigned an area, they dont just drive around do they? and if they do get an assigned area usually how big is it and how ...

Resisting arrest first time in trouble?
I have a previous post on this but have a few new questions.When the officer arrested me I was walking back into my house after saying everything was fine she grabbed me from behind then said I was ...

Driving without license and now have a warrant?
7 years ago i got in trouble for driving without a license in ohio, now I have a warrant. How do I go about clearing this up. Will I have to go to jail or could I just pay a fine? Any information ...

Are hollow-point bullets legal in NY?
I am not referring to New York City - just the suburbs, etc....

Is this a law or no law????????
I live in california and i got arrested on friday for being at the wrong place at the wrong time but back to my question the cop told me it was illegal to carry lighters underage is that true or no?...

Does the public outcry against Lovelle Mixon really help the situation for Oakland, CA?
Now, don't get me wrong... It's awful when anyone gets shot... especially when they are just doing their job. And the man who killed 4 cops that day was a terrible criminal who had to be ...

If someone accuses you of something you haven't done..?
This guy accused me of a criminal activity that I never committed. He submitted my name and email address, etc., to the police (the RCMP in Canada) but they didn't do anything about it because ...

Were our rights violated?
A couple days ago, my boyfriend and I (minors, 16 and 17) were making out in his car and we were confronted by the police. We weren't tresspassing or out past curfew so we weren't doing ...

I need help with a question?
Can someone help me. I read my Contemporary Justice book but I am still lost on this.

Identify the FBI reforms that are proposed and assess their likely effectiveness at helping to ...

Does the fire academy train on the weekends ?
Want to join the Philadelphia Fire Dept but im a reserve M...

lilmissdisorganised
Can the police force a 15 year old to return home to his parents house?
If a 15 year old who normally lives with his mom, leaves home to stay permanently at his dad's house, can the police force him to return to his mother's house against his wishes, if she has had informal residency up till this point?
Additional Details
Sorry, I should put it more clearly. My husband has a 15 year old son. It was specified in the divorce papers that his exwife has residency and my husband has him 3 days a week. It has never been to court, it was just an informal arrangement between themselves at the time of the divorce. Recently his ex wife has remarried and keeps cutting down the time my stepson spends with us. (trying to phase her new husband in as his 'dad') She is giving him so much grief about him wanting to see more of his dad that he has fled her house in tears and is refusing to go back. She will only let him come here twice a month now and blames it all on my husband for 'leaving her' 13 years ago. Does my husband legally have to return him to her?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Spanner
Rating
They can not

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

katie
Yaa they can but say if he was 16 years old they couldn't bring him back to his but if u where going to live live with your dad still could not becauseyour mom said so im 16 my mom took me away from my dad [stole me] andi went to go to his house my dads i wasd 14 and they said i had to go back with my mom

Nba Fan (Sebastion)
not if they have legal custody

Lily
depends if the mom has full custody...since the kid is a minor

PJ
depends what state you in!

princess kitty
Rating
i dont think so

cherryt_loves_you
Rating
um... call your local police force for this one... you can also call DFACS for questions of such too!
and if you mom calls the cops and tells them you have ran away and makes up a situation or just tells them you have ran away, they can take you back home, but the situation is very iffy.
the father can take action by going to court to get legal custody up until you are 18. when you are 16 in some states they aren't as pushy on things with living situations.
good luck!

Spaghetti Catt
Yeah, it happened to me when I was 14! I got detained cuz the pigs thought I was throwing rocks at someone's haus! I was whack dude, I swear.

JJ's mom
Rating
Yes, if she has legal guardianship. He is not an adult until 18, and unless his dad has custody, or wants to fight for it, then the law stands.

askmeferadvice
it depends whos the legal guardian. if she is your legal guardian then you have to go back to her

Rookie
Rating
Yes, subject to the custody agreement established by the courts. If you want this changed, it needs to be done with the courts blessing.

Maxwell's Hammer
Rating
If the Court has ordered where the kid should live then the cops will enforce it.

gramma rocks
Rating
What does the custody agreement say? If you want to live with Dad and he wants you to, and Mom has custody, have Dad go to court to change the custody agreement.

And, yes, the police can force a 15-year old to return home.

Do things the right way and you won't have to run away.

Dee
YES THEY CAN!!! He's not 18, so if he normally lives with his mother.. but wants to leave and go to his dads house. His mother does have the right to call the police and have him come back home.
Sux.., but true..
HOWEVER,
the good news is.. he only has 3 more years of this..
when he's 18 he can go where he wants and his mom can't say anything about it... and if she does.. the police wont care. :-)

Sam
Rating
Yes because ur are legally not an adult and under parental control

johndoe
Rating
Technically, yes..
But you can file an emancipation from your mom and speak to a judge to have your father be the primary custodian... (not a janitor)

In my case,
I was kicked out at 14.. lived with friends until 17..
traveled all around and what not..
and now, a fairly decent person..
so, life is what you make of it with the help of some good people..
Whatever life does to you, remember the good people that at least tried to make good happen for you.
Pay it forward..

Sean
Yes. But that doesn't mean they can force you to stay.

Lela A
You cannot legally change residence from one parent to another if there is any kind of legal court order in place..otherwise..the police will return you to your residence..
Your parents would have to work this out between themselves..your husband has the right to take this to court to resolve..

Ronald
Yes or put you in jail(juvy)

Jose R
yea.... If she has custody or wants it. a 15 yr old has no say

ॐख़ॢGuess Whoॢख़ॐ
depends on what the courts say.

but if both parties agree that a child should stay with a parent, then their say goes.

The child is under age.. therfore, its not up to the child at all.
Unless with reasoning there is evidence of abuse... physical, mental, emotional.. in which case the child needs to see a psychologist to be evaluated, then what the doctor says goes.

letslaughwithnr
not if the dad has legal custody

13emandel
Yes and yes don't run away

Miss Ann Thrope
Rating
If she has custody of him, yes.

Erin
Rating
Depending on custody agreements, yes.

Bittersweet Human
Can the police secretly beat the hell out of you and get away with it?

sushi615
Rating
If you're 15 and you express that you absolutely DO NOT want to return to your mother's house, then you don't have to go. I may be good to tell the police any underlying factors as to why you left as well, and tell them that she only has informal residency.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, September 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy