Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Anyone solve this urban myth?
I think it goes both ways depending on which state you live in. Some say if you catch a trespasser in your house you can shoot them, the Texas story, or in other states people say you have to ask ...

Why are cops so crooked?
I almost hit a cop cause he pulled right out in front of me I had the arrow and the right of way..then to top it off after I was behind him and we went about a quarter of a mi then he slammed on his ...

Can a police officer issue a ticket on private property?
For example, say you are staying at a hotel and the only spot to park is in a handicap parking spot. Can a police officer that just so happens to be passing thru the parking lot, issue a ticket? (M...

If someone threatened to beat my *** and later jumped the fence into my backyard, what can i do in my defense?
what can i do in self defense without being prosecuted or pre-meditating a way to protect myself just incase it should happen?...

On what grounds can you press charges on someone?
if someone threatens to hit you and your car with a metal object can you 'press charges' ???

what if theres no proof or evidence apart from your own word?...

What crime is committed when a wife in the attempt to kill her husband kills the wrong person?

Is it a rare occasion when a policeman crosses the line and actually abuses a person being arrested?
Or do you think it happens more than some people think? Do you think that most people who are arrested get what they deserve as far as how they are treated by police?...

How can I prove that my neighbours are doing drugs?
They are drugging me against my will! I have been inhaling this for about 2 months now in my apt. The taste stays in my mouth all the time and when it smells strong, my nose burns, I get drowsy and ...

Why don't police ever stand up and say hey these laws are not for "saving lives' they are for raising revenue?
In Texas there is a city that is removing "red light cameras" because it is too much of a deterant, not enough people are running red lights and they are not raising enough revenue. Now I ...

Do police have the right to search people's belongings without a warrant?
Lets say a robbery has just been comitted, and police spot a suspicious looking person in the same area (i.e. hood up, bulging pocket). On that basis, can they stop and search him and his belongings? ...

Officer took statement on her notebook can be used in court?

How can does a officer know that a person is under the influnce of a controled sustance?
Son was arrested for DUI of a controlled sustance.He was given a breath test and results was 0.00g/210L****. What does that mean?...

What are we going to do when the prisons are filled to the max with our prisoners?
With the rising crime rates our prisons are filling up very quickley! One question enters my mind when thinking about this... What are we going to do when the prisons are all full? Where will our ...

Anyone have any tips when making an arrest?
I work as a bail bondsman in florida and am going to be making an arrest tommorow. I have never arrested someone by myself before so I want to know from the people that make arrests daily if they ...

Drug testing a 2 1/2 year old?
I have two questions;

Anyone think a drug test will show up possitive on a 2 1/2 year old if the mother and her b/f are smoking marijuana around him?

And how would you go buy ...

I'm 6'5 and 333lbs, If a cop is push down a flight of stairs and there were a group of people there, can he >
blame me for it or press charges....

What is the most shocking or evil thing you have ever seen?
I was driving a giant old 1955 Mack Wrecker back to St. Pete one dark night. Up ahead was a Highway Patrol car with a big black Lincoln pulled over. I saw the patrolman and a big black guy between ...

I got arrested and the cops didnt read me my rights? what can i do?
i got arrested and the cops didnt read me my rights until we got to the police station what can i do? This is what is says on the police report POSSESSION OF COCAINE 15 GRAMS TO 100 GRAMS. I AM INNOCE...

Why do the police decide they want to run their mouths when they get you in cuffs?
Is it some kind of technique or do they want to make it personal?
Additional Details
Im not hating. Just a question, if its a technique then cool and if not we'll get personal. D...

If during a search warrant for Stolen TV drugs are found. Do police officers need another search warrant 4 Dru?
During a search warrant for stolen t.vs drugs are found. do the cops need another search warrant to legally obtain them?...

Cambria S
Can my ex get in trouble for posting lewd photographs of me on the internet?
My ex-boyfriend recently posted lewd photographs of me on the internet. Do I have any legal recourse against him? Thanks in advance.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Stephanie S
Rating
You absolutely do! He has no right to post naked pictures of you on the Internet... it could endanger your safety let alone ruin your image. You need to gather proof immediately that the pictures are up there and were posted by him. You will maybe have to get the police involved as well and definitely call whoever the Internet server is that is hosting the pictures and have them removed and have them prove that he posted them, because otherwise it could just be that you posted them to get him in trouble... so you need to prove that he posted them.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

ronchoward
NO WAY!!! The problem is, you posed freely for these photo's. They are his property. As long as he didn't put your name and phone number on them, and then advertise for money without your consent, he's in the clear. So go ahead and get a lawyer and waste your money like some of the girls on the "girls gone wild" video's. Some signed consent forms, and some didn't.Lot's have tried to take legal action against that company, with ZERO success.Just forget about it,...live and learn, everyone makes mistakes, we just try not to make the same ones over and over.Besides if you do go to court, they will make you out to be a whore even if you are not.so get ready for that.Good luck

whateva
Rating
not unless you are under 18! if you are over, there is no law against it, but you can go after him civilly...and good luck with that!

gentlgodis
Yes. Get a lawyer and sue him for defamation.

sparkletina
That depends, what's the website?

shortlilkorngrl929
yes you can, i would report it to the police, make sure you bring evidence...you can cover up the nudity parts on the pictures. if he did it without your consent, then u can bring him to court and they will do something with him....good luck in your decission`

DJ
Rating
Just a little itty bit of trouble for that.. rights violation

justnotright
if you can afford the lawyer.

wilsonicolas w
First of all, did all these photo taken with your knowledge and did he seek your approval for posting them on line?

If not then you can file a suits against him for posting lewd photo and causing physically and mentally hurt, the social stress that is facing you when talking to friends and file for damage.

You could ask him to returns all photo and negative and pay for all the fees incurred for the legal processing or apology via the media, should you desired.

I believe that you can have a 100% win in the case unless you can proved that he did it without your knowledge.

gorillaguth
Which web site are they on. Depending what they look like, maybe you should be charge with lewdness.Send them to me ,and let me judge.

heres_what_Im_thinking
Rating
send them to me and i will tell you

and dont ask for too much cash when you sue...might lose your welfare

waterdancer
sure can....sure can do....report that swine....that ungrateful pimp!

pops
Caint help unless you tell me the website.

http://www.superbooks.org
Rating
Reader asks: "Can my ex get in trouble for posting lewd photographs of me on the internet? Do I have any recourse?"

superbooks ANSWERS:

1. First you have to find the photographs. Get the link, get copies of the pictures. Bookmark the link/url. Have it all time/date stamped. Copy the links if these links are put in search engines. Acquire all the evidence that you can acquire.

2. You need to tell him ( and I'm sure he knows or she knows) that you want all of your pictures back (if they are yours), and you do not want them displayed or exhibited or shown anywhere on this planet at anytime.

3. You need to find out if you did at any time sign a "release" for him or her to use the photographs. If you did sign a release, see if it is specific for special purposes or if it's a 'general' release with no specifics.

4. ONce you find that out, then check your photographs and see if any have been altered against your will and see if any are breaking that specific release.

5. I'm not a lawyer at all, but I'm willing to bet a nickle that even if your release was 'general', that if he or she is posting the photographs to hurt or harm you and that is obvious, then he or she will get in trouble and you might possibly have a good, large lawsuit on your hands.

However, I have a suggestion that you might take first before considering getting the law invovled. If that person is reasonable and you can safely talk to the person tell them what you want and see if they listen. Tell them on tape -and reinforce it in writing to them, clearly stating that they have no permission to use your photographs.

Your question should be a lesson t o us all about

RELEASES:...

Everyone signs releases at least once or twice in their life and possibly more times than that. AND, most individuals don't even read what they are signing. And, they just sign the release.

Use your releases this way.

1. READ the contract. (yes, this release is a contract).

2. Cross out what you do not want to agree with (if you can't type it over) , and then initial the changes. Have a witness.

3. Sign ONLY when the release says exactly what you want it to say and exactly what you agree to.

DATE: Never sign any release that doesn't have an expiration date.
So if you sign a release today, there is no reason why that release needs to be valid a year or two years from now. You can always sign another release at that time.

So, if someone hands you a UNDATED release , then YOU date the release and initial it..and make sure your contract person sees this is a DATED release.

So there you go:

Those should help you, and if you still have troubles, see a counselor, teacher or a lawyer.

And, never ever ever give in to blackmail, ever. If this person threatens to put these photos somewhere and then says he /she will not do that if you pay him/her. Tell them NO and walk away quickly.

Blackmail is illegal and is a punishable crime. Only you can stop blackmail by not participating in it, and by not being the victim.

Just say NO!

Have a peaceful day.

asoldierswife
XXXXXXXXX ofcourse you do, sue the bugger for every penny he's made. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, November 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy