Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

What should i do?? the house was a grow op..?
so here are the details:
my little brother and his fiancee just bough a house about a month ago. it's an older house, so they paid a home inspector to go through and check it- the ...

Why does some people not like law enforcement?

How serious and what is the penalty for,,?
,,two counts felony criminal Assault, in Georgia?
Additional Details
Thanks all for your answers.
By-the-way.
It wasn't me. But some one I know and his daughter. Durning ...

Is there a prepaid legal service where...?
Is there a prepaid legal service where you can make monthly payments to an attorney in a network, and get so many speeding tickets a year, where you don't get any points for it, just for paying ...

What do you think of the Police?
Personally, I think they try their best do their job well under certain circumstances. A lot of the time, the Police get the blame for not dealing with crimes properly, when it's not necessarily ...

Cyber crimes Investigator question!?
what do Cyber crimes investigator do exactly?
Do you need to be a cop to be in this career?
Is this career dangerous?...

Emergency Emancipation?
My parents get $600 plus a month of child support, but they have only bought one pair of pants for me. All my clothes have have holes in them, and I di all of the math,; they make over 20,000 a year.<...

What actions can I take against somebody who harassed me via cell phone in Pennsylvania?
I received two phone calls (one right after the other) at 2am in the morning. I did not recognize the number so I let it go to voicemail. The first voicemail said that they knew me from a few years ...

I am under 21 and need to bail my boyfriend out of jail - HELP!?
I have tried calling EVERYONE, his family, his friends, my friends, etc and either they don't qualify or they won't come. I don't know how to get him out!!! I'm 20. His bail is 2...

Security officers, please answer, 10 points for best?
1- Why is it important to conduct the stairwell door test to ensure each stairwell door will close completely and securely on its own?

2- How would you respond to one of your ...

Question about california dui law?
Here's the situation. I was pulled over for a DUI. When the officer pulled me over and gave me a breathalyzer test at his car I blew .08 and that is what was written on the citation. When I got ...

What happens if I skip out on my juvenile probation and i'm now an Adult (18)?
I was charged a year ago with truancy when i was 17 and sentenced to a years worth of probation with 20 hours community service and $275 in court fees and also spent a week in juvie. It's been ...

I just got done with oral interview for the sheriff's dept. now in background process!! HELP!!?
I got charged with domestic violence but charges were dropped in jan. of 2009 my girlfriend had an anxiety attack and i got charged but the DA dropped the charges i never went to court for it. I was ...

I believe I am getting a 419 Nigerian scam.?
I put laptop on ebay to sell, person then emailed me with a bigger offer. This is the address they gave me Micheal Adelade
9 kushimo street ijeshatdo,
Lagos
Nigeria
I ...

How would police treat a murder confession?
Hi, I'm writing a short story and I want to make this scene realistic.
How would police react if:

This man comes in to the police station and he's obviously intoxicated. At ...

Can I work in the Criminal Justice field with a history of depression/anxiety?
History... meaning I dont have it anymore (even according to psychologists.)

I don't know what I want to do with Criminal Justice exactly, but I know that for most branches of the ...

Doesnt it seem like a lot of criminal types use this forum for legal advice?
Isn't this considered aiding and abetting, giving advice to a criminal on how to beat the rap?...

Can confessions from Craigslist Killler Phillip Markoff to family or fiancee be used against him in court?

Additional Details
It has been reported that Markoff while in jail has told his family there was more stuff that was going to come out. He told them it would be best for them to move to ...

What is reception at a state prison?
I have a friend that is in the county jail who will be transferring to a state prison. Before permanent assignment, inmates go to "reception". What is involved with this process and how ...

Can the police arrest you in the USA for sleeping in your car , parked in a parking lot?
i know wal mart allows people to camp in their parking lot in RVs or campers, dont know if and how this extends to people with simple vans or cars even, but what about other parking lots?

Jerry
Can cops search a house before they get a search warrant?
I just had my house search by cops. I asked to see a search warrant but they wouldn't let me see one since I wasn't the owner of the house but I was living there. The cops entered my house around 5:00pm. The next day I found the warrant on the dining table and it said it was issued at 8:00pm on the same day that they did the search. I believe the cops got a search warrant after they went in my house so it can cover their asses. Is this considered an illegal search since the warrant was issued at 8:00pm and they came in at 5:00pm? I lived in Los Angeles, California. Thanks if you can help me out.
Additional Details
I just had my house search by cops. I asked to see a search warrant but they wouldn't let me see one since I wasn't the owner of the house but I was living there. The cops entered my house around 5:00pm. The next day I found the warrant on the dining table and it said it was issued at 8:00pm on the same day that they did the search. I believe the cops got a search warrant after they went in my house so it can cover their asses. Is this considered an illegal search since the warrant was issued at 8:00pm and they came in at 5:00pm? I lived in Los Angeles, California. Thanks if you can help me out. They wrote in 8:00 and circle pm. The warrant was approved by telephonic Notification. It was done over the phone.

Show all answers
Post your answer

pandamoniumrain
Rating
I would definitely file a complaint. Cops CAN NOT search a home without a search warrant. You have the right to refuse entry if they cannot provide the warrant.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

LadyCatherine
Rating
YES.. they CAN search you house with out a search warrant.. CAN they use what they find against you.. NO..

YES, they can search it and THEN get a warrent.. YES..

CoolRich59
Did they find anything?

Dont get Infected
these days they can just call a judge and get a warrent without having a piece of paper with them

ken
yes, it is illegal. they cannot search without a warrant, even if they knew they would have one in a few hours it was wrong of them. get yourself a respectable lawyer and believe me you got a case.

mangerpatrick
if its not your house they probaly went to the owner first then got permission,dont do illegal stuff and they wont have cause

Ben 10
Rating
cops cant do that unless showing you when you ask if they cant give you one then they cant come in unless they have very strong reason to beleive you are into bad things or unless they are diffrent kinds of law enforcement some dont need search warrants to enter

Reprisal
Rating
Unless the warrant said 5pm it is illegal. You might not be doing anything illegal but the owner might be, either way it was an unlawful search. You can always hire a lawyer.

Emily
Police need probable cause to enter any domicile. if you were doing something illegal and a neighbor reported it that might be construed as PC but, a good lawyer would construe that as a breech of your 4th amendment rights. the best thing to do is get a lawyer and pay him whatever he needs to make whatever they found go away. you probably got snitched on because cops dont kick in random doors.

DUDE!!!
Rating
you must be into something illegal or they wouldnt have searched your house.

ocxy80
Rating
It depends on the way you handled it. If they asked to search and you told them no, they shouldn't have entered. If they told you they were there to search and you let them in it's your fault. You basically have to stop them from taking advantage of you. Get a good lawyer and tell him you told them no but they just came on in anyway.

Tyler Durden
a police officer can enter a home if he believes someone is in imitate danger inside the household, or if there is an open door or someone consents to entry or a search otherwise it is a violation of your 4th amendment right. in which case he would need a search warrant.

leslie S
Rating
When the owner/rent is not there the warrant is left. Must be left in a conspicuous place.
Check the time/date again. Cops often use military time. You may just be reading it wrong.

AJ
Rating
Hire a lawyer.

No one can answer that question other than a lawyer. Since a real lawyer would never offer legal advice here, you need to spend the money and talk to a live lawyer.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy