Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do we need fema emergency camps with one way in and barbed wire at the top?
look at the footage on you tube very frieghtening
Additional Details
i am far from a conspiracy theory person i am a 35 year old mother with 2 young girls who not to long ago paid no ...

How do you feel about police officers who confiscate drugs and then use them?
I am a police officer, and I am addicted to Cocaine.

Recently people have been telling me that it is wrong for me to steal drugs from people, but I always tell them "Hey I am the ...

How are security guards trained?
I was shopping at a local discount store and followed too closely by a uniformed security guard. He was obviously untrained or just trying to harass me. Trust me I don't look like the ...

How to seal and Arrest record?
Hi
ive been arrested in NY last month for having patronizing a protitute and plead guilty of a violation,

now im worried about my career and this record showing on background checks ...

Is there a site where I can read comprehensive statistics on robberies?Do the Police keep such statistics?

How do you take care of your bills if you ever have to go to jail?
First let me say that I do not break the law, and have never been arrested or into any trouble with the police. I am just a normal guy, but I watch the news a lot and sometimes see how people get in ...

What circumstantial evidence was found by the Police in the Madeleine McCann case?
Can someone give me a simple,un-biased run-down of the circumstantial evidence please,thank you!...

Should cop's be able to just?
Should cop's be able to just walk in your house to pick up a wanted peson,say they smell marijuana and call K 9 and get a search warrent? I was very nice to them as I should have been ,and ...

Help?!? Speeding Ticket, on a driving permit.What will happen?
I live in IL, Chicago. and got a speeding ticket, on a permit...HELP?!?! I'm Worried!! What will happen??...

Does any one else find it a strange coincidence that Janet Reno and Janet Napalitano have the same first name?
You remember Janet Reno don't you? She was the FEEMA Bureaucrat that was in charge of the massacre of women and children by tank mounted flame throwers in Waco Texas.

And of course J...

Why aren't police officers in London allowed to carry firearms?
I saw this clip on "World's Wildest Police Videos" in the US recently which captured a burglar on videotape chasing two police officers in London with a pick axe. They had no weapons ...

What was the u-2 incident?
what was the u-2 incident and what was the significance of ...

Question about this test?
I applied for a PD position.. and it states their physical portion is this:
"Demonstrate weapon proficiency with Glock 22.4. Two attempts to successfully show a trainable level of ...

What happens if i have a warrant ? 10 points !?
so im 13 and i have a warrant . i dont know what kind but i got it because i missed a court appearance . whats gonna happen ? am i gunna get arrested ? my next court date is may 11 and im planning ...

Gun Control Laws in Great Britain?
I'm going to be traveling through various countries in the coming months, and have obtained answers to this question for all except England. So:

I will be checking a disassembled ...

Why and how would a probation officer need a letter or some proof that you are GOING TO move to another state?
why would a p.o make such a unreasonable requirement?

She asked about needing a copy of a lease agreement BEFORE being allowed to move to another state?

but how could you have ...

What are the fines for first degree misdimeanor in ohio?
got caught stealing 2 quarts of motor oil. got a letter from the court and im going there next week. will i go to jail? does dressing up nicely in court influence the judges opinion? how much should ...

First time to attend the traffic school...what should i bring?
This is my first time to attend the traffic school...what should i bring?
and...i am supposed to get a completion after the traffic school, right?
is there any break? what about lunch? is ...

What irritates you the most about the Police?
For me it has to be the tickets they give out that are stupid. Such as not showing your signal when its 2 A.M on an empty road. Or getting a seat belt ticket while literally just pulling out of ...

When can I get my Driver's liscence?
If I get my permit on Wednesday, May 3 can I get my liscence on Friday, November 6 or will I have to wait until Monday November 9?
Additional Details
it's actually not in the book....

ASAP
Can cops come into my house and search without a search warrant?
This morning cops came into my house while i was in school and my dad was home but he doesn't speak english very well, the police officers did not have a search warrant did the have the right to search my house?If not what should i do?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Rock Firestorm Sexytime
Yes I do it every day. I say I smelled marijuana and then push the home owner to the ground and spray them with mace. then when they are blinded I go into their kitchen, and make myself a sandwich.

You have no rights I am the law, and I will take what ever I want. You can't keep me out of your house, because I am the authority.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

яуαη
Rating
No, tell them to come with a search warrant, if not you can get out your gun and shoot em' dead cuz thats what we texans do down south'

Libertarian!
I don't believe they have the right to search your house without a search warrant. They can however enter your home if they have probable cause (example: they are driving by and someone is screaming like they are dying) I don't think they can prosecute you for anything they found since they didn't have a warrant.. It would be dismissed in court.

???????
tell sumone! they broke the law, those *******. its in the U.S. Constitution, that they cant come in ur home

rainmaker
Rating
If it was your dad's home or he was responsible for the home the police would have to have his permission to search without a warrant, depends on what they find. they might have to get a warrant then return

Neil
Rating
If your dad allowed it, yes.

teamswitz16
absolutely NOT! eventhough the police are the 'law', they have no right to go into ur house without a warrant the only reason they copuld have gone in there is if

1. they had a search warrant (certified by a judge)
2. or they thought that someone was getting murdered (or someone is dead)

u should go to your local authorities and ask them why and on what grounds did they come in. if they have no answer for it, then you should file a complaint and say that your rights have been violated.

p.s: and if ur dad doesn't speak alot of english and they didn't offer him a translator, then u can say that violated his right as a person (maybe they'll see that as racisim though)

good luck :)

mikeysco
Rating
Generally speaking, the answer is no. There are several exceptions, though, and without more information than you've provided there's no way to know if any of the possible exceptions might apply.

If you believe your father consented to a police search without knowing what he was doing, that's something that will have to come out in court (assuming something about the search ends up in court).

Dan burtnick
NO There is absolutely NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. The Police are NOT allowed to enter your home unless 1 of 2 things are met.

1. The police have obtained a warrent from a judge.
2. You have allowed them to come in,

If it was 2, then you can ask them to leave at any time. The police may not enter your home unless they have a search warrent, or your dad invited them in, which is probably what happened.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy