Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Ok.. i got pulled over for not having my lights. I need help!?
i got pulled over last night for forgetting to turn my headlights on.. I received no ticket. Is there a chance they will still send me one in the mail, and will my insurence go up even if i get no ...

Could I Be Arrested For Hanging Around People That Take Drugs?
My friends do drugs now, I'm not going to but they smoke cocaine all the time and we are going to the park tonight and they plan to do it. Could I be arrested for being around them?...

Wrong name put on speeding ticket in FL.?
My husband and I were pulled over for speeding. On the ticket the officer put the wrong last name. Instead of Whitehouse he put Whitehead. I was wondering if anyone knew if this is grounds for ...

I have nothing against women in law enforcement but,isn't a woman street cop just ridiculous!?
Don't you think they could risk the lives of there fellow male partner?
Additional Details
Many domestic situations can change in an instant. the woman cop might not have time to ...

If illegal drugs were legalised and government controlled, would that reduce crime?
Was thinking if drug addicts regestered with a clinic and were given government controlled drugs that were clean and not cut. Wouldnt that cut out most of drug related crime let alone destroy the ...

Should all the British police be armed?

Can policeofficers get in trouble for pulling someone over for...?
speeding or running a redlight or driving past a stopsign without stopping and then letting them go without a ticket

i know these cops are awsome and cool but can they get in trouble for ...

A global prison / island for criminals ?
How do you feel about all the nations of the world shelling out some dough to get an island for murderers, rapists, child molestors etc. They would have to fend for themselves, feed themselves, and ...

I'm 6'5 and 325lbs, can a civilian make a citizen arrest on a cop if he see them breaking the law?
If so how much force can I use?...

What do you think of the death penalty?

Has anyone attempted to rob a police station?
These places seem to have a low rate of crime. Not sure why....

Would you lie to the police for your best friend?

Police officer assaults?
girl of 19yrs old,and its seen on video,(its because the girl wasnt allowed in nightclub,but little did the police man know the girl was epileptic)but he was caught on cctv punching the girl 6 times,I...

Truthfully how many times have you driven home drunk knowing you were over the limit?
I ask this question because their are a lot of people, a few I have known in law enforcement who drink and drive all the time and never get caught. Does a cop have abilities to get out of a DUI than ...

Is the BBC programme Crime Watch racist?
This programme is a disgrace , showing once again today 29/01/08, 50% of the most wanted criminals are of immigrant origin.Who decides which are "most wanted"?

http://www.bbc.co....

The police stole my marijuana growing lights.?
Isn't that an act of theft?...

Rape and the law?
I have a friend who was raped many years ago, roughly 40yrs! It has recently affected her mental health. I myself cannot even try to know how she is feeling as I have not been through this awful ...

Will I Git Arrested For This ?
Alrite ... im goin to court the 18th of this month and i was wondering wat are my chances of gittin booked .... the charges against me are - burglary, breaking & entering & something about T...

My neighbour is cheating on his wife. Should I call the police?
He left for work at 7:41am, 8:12am, 8:15am, 7:36am, and 7:49am respectively last week. He doesn't start work until 10am! Why is he leaving so early? He came home at around 1pm for lunch WITH ...

Can police enter my home when no one is there?
during a probation search can police enter home when no one is ...

:-)
Can a wife file a complain against her husband 4 having an extramarital affair?
if yes, wat punishment wil he get?

is it possible vice versa? tats can hubs file against wives?
Additional Details
in india?

and if its not illegel then how do they say bigamy is illegel?

how does th indian law punishes a man who is married to more than one woman?

Show all answers
Post your answer

SANAT 4 MAHAN BHARAT.
Rating
come on, lady be practical, we have only one life to live. pl. ask this question to LORD KRISHNA......u r not even married, and asking this to me ? come on, what a woman wants after all, MONEY.....IS IT NOT ?.......WOMAN IS THE REAL ENEMY OF A WOMAN. u have long way to go , baby....... you are the one, who is responsible for your husband's affair....compronde ?

SANAT, USA.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Rana
Rating
yes,Punishment will be decided by the court.

bhavani g
Rating
wife is a not doll, she as a heart of humankind so she complain against her husband, are u know many people is swallowing dowry as a table , bitting the women for more dowry so he is necessary complain again husband and also to again sons. if there is wrong with her.

fwf43
In India, laws are based on the religious belief. It is my understanding that the male is dominant and has the rights to do as he pleases. I may be wrong, but not knowing the women's rights in India, I cant give you a definitive answer.

f100_supersabre
One possibility is divorce.
Another is adultery, although it depends on the state as to specific charges and punishments.

As to other charges, that depends on the state where you live.
Some have laws against sex outside of marriage.

In some parts of the world, adultery carries the death penalty.

SGT. D
Let me give you the advice of a Life Time! Go to EBay or Amazon.com - ORDER this BOOK; "The Private Investigators Handbook" by Chuck Chambers. READ the sections on " How to catch the cheating bastard, Covering your Assets, How to discover hidden assets, and Protecting your identity and privacy. If you Can, read the WHOLE book cover to cover BEFORE doing or saying ANYTHING to your husband! It will prepare you on how to protect yourself in a divorce and get what is rightfully YOURS (and most of whats his too) I wished to GOD I had read this book BEFORE my divorce! DO IT NOW!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!

†Absinthe†
Rating
I'm not sure about just complaining about it, but you can file for divorce and sue his butt off and drain him of income for years to come as punishment.

Miguel H
He may have to correct her spelling.

Just WHO would you COMPLAIN to? Why would you think he would be punished?... do you think the Government should do EVERYTHING?

Geeze lady... in times past people just took care of their own problems without wanting to PUNISH someone for playing around.

Get a good divorce lawyer and stick it to him, if it makes you feel any better.

Bharat
Thanks for asking this general information. You can (one can) file divorce for an extramatital affair.

juicyah
juice him dry is the besst solution

Kevy
Just divorce him and take half his money.

GRUMPY
Rating
No, that is civil. BUT YOU CAN go to civil court and file papers for a separation or divorce.

davidmi711
An extramarital affair is not illegal. As such no criminal charges could be filed. Several people suggested getting a divorce and then "suing him for everything he's got". Most states have adopted "no fault" divorce. With a no fault divorce the court does not take arguments about fault such as infidelity during the divorce. Fault is not used to determine the distribution of assets.

While it hurts that he cheated on you vengeful acts will not help you in the end.

Clown_Uno
Rating
Yes a spouse can complain if here or his spouse r havin an extramarital affair. Yes it is illegal in India. Bigamy is a culpable offence, apart from laws for Muslims, with a nominal fine or upto 5 yrs impisonment or both.

Adultery or extramarital affair is also a punishable offence, I m not sure of the punishment, but it is severe 4 the guys, husband or lover - both.

shrty0525
Bigamy is when someone is married to 2 people at the same time.

Usually men aren't punished over there - only the women.

Here in some of the states, you can sue for Alienation of Affection, however you have to prove the other person ruined a good marriage. It wouldn't work if there were problems already in the marriage.

DAWNY
Rating
A lot of States still have Adultery as a crime in the books, but don't really prosecute for it. Yes, it swings both ways, and filing a complaint if you're guilty of it also, isn't a good move. It's grounds for a divorce, and if you have proof, use it.

Annie Oakley
No. And if he is rich, she should just keep quiet about it, and let him "do his thing" while she spends his money.

Dog Lover
No...... cheating on a spouse is NOT a criminal offense.

I is only good grounds for a divorce.

In many states divorce's are "no fault" so it doesn't matter who cheated, all property is just split 50 / 50.

Anyway..... nope, its not against the law in any way.

Mistress
No...

While an affair may be immoral, it's not illegal.

Colette B
You can file a lawsuit for alienation of affection against him and his mistress!! (It can be done vice versa)

nevit
Rating
Yes. They are called divorce papers.

☼grundle goat☼
Rating
infidelity is not illegal. however it is grounds for divorce. good luck to you.

Anastasia Beaverhousen
Rating
Get a divorce!

vijay m Indian Lawyer
Let me bring two provisions of criminal law with regards to your question. Firstly the provision with regards to bigamy where any married man or woman if performs marriage with another woman or man as the case may be he or she will be held liable for committing bigamy. Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code clearly provides Marrying again during lifetime of husband or wife.--Whoever, having a husband or wife living, marries in any case in which such marriage is void by reason of its taking place during the life of such husband or wife, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine. Not withstanding exception to this main section let be tell you what is the most important ingredient of this provision, namely both the valid marriage ceremonies of the accused person has to be proved with sufficient evidence, any thing short will not get him or her liable under this provision. In a case a married man start living with another woman & declare her as his wife will not be enough what will be required to get be punished under the provision of section 494 IPC is the ceremonies of his second marriage along with his first marriage & mind you both these ceremonies should be legal & valid hence binding him in the eye of law. In another instance a Hindu married man marries another woman say Muslim by religion without changing his Hindu religion to Mohammedan religion by Muslim ceremonies then he will not be said to have preformed a valid marriage with this Muslim woman, but if he change his Hindu religion to Muslim religion & get married to this Muslim woman by Muslim marriage ceremonies then he shall be liable for bigamy although as a Muslim he can marry four times legally but since his first marriage was according to Hindu form of marriage with a Hindu woman & he himself was Hindu at that time his first marriage has not been dissolved by his conversion to Muslim religion, he will be held to be legally married & his second marriage even after conversion to Muslim religion also legal but here the conversion was only for the sole purpose of second marriage & his liability towards his first wife doesn't end after his second marriage considering all these his second marriage is punishable offence although his new religion i.e. Muslim religion allows such marriage. This is the principle laid down by the Supreme Court of India in such cases. Now let me come to second provision of criminal law which speaks about adultery as offence. Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code provides whoever has sexual intercourse with a person who
is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor.
In this provision indulging in sexual relationship with another woman itself by any man is not an offence, what is important that such woman should be a married woman & the sex did with her should be without her husband's consent. If a married man indulge in sex with an unmarried woman he will not be liable for adultery under this provision but he will be liable for the act of adultery in civil sense & on the basis of this his wife can seek divorce from him in the family court but cannot get him punished under section 497 of IPC as provided above. In case she wants to get him punished for this act then it will have to be brought under section 498A I.P.C. according which he can be held liable for committing mental cruelty towards his wife for which she has to prove that because of this act of his she suffered mental harassment amounting to cruelty. Hope all these information’s I have given with regards to extra marital affairs will fulfill your curiosity with regards to legal aspect in India.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, November 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy