Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Just how good are forensics these days, surely CSI and the like are just made up..............aren't they?

What's the best way to fight a speeding ticket?
I recieved my first ever speeding ticket for going 44mph in a 30mph zone in New Jersey. I don't believe i was going that fast. What should i say to the judge to prove my innocence? Also, Let'...

Does anyone think that the "WAR" on drugs is doing anything?
All I know is that I live in a very good part of town and would have no problem getting what ever I wanted in about 15-20 minutes. Now if I can in a good part of town I have to imagine that it gets ...

Can a male officer search a female for a random stop? Can the female request another female to search her.?

Why do we need gun control?
It's a catch 22 situation. I need firearms to defend myself from those using criminals using them!!...

What do you think about O.J guilty or not?

Have the police in your area got the right attitude in your opinion. Do you respect them?

Should I call the cops?
I have a step daughter who lives 1.5 hours away and a daughter who lives in my town. My daughter is under the thumb of an abusive man. My step daughter has an old friend in town.

So, at 1...

Whats going on with the police?
first they shoot a 92 year old lady to death hear in Atlanta, than lied about it saying it was drugs in the house and find out later it was a cover up. Yesterday a 6 year old boy was taserd twice by ...

What would happen if i didnt pull over for a police car if it wanted to pull me over?
what would happen if an unmarked nypd car tryed pulling me over and there was 1 woman cop inside you think i could out run her?if not what would happen if i dont stop? (its a woman so i could ...

Should we still have the death Penalty

How hard is it to get a job when you have got a criminal record?
My boyfriend has recently got himself a criminal record, he was self employed but now looking for another job. But finding hard because he has a criminal record.....what would happen if he didnt ...

OK with you:You've had 2 drinks in a bar,cops walk in& ask you to take a breathtest, you fail & you get a tkt?
The ticket is for Public Intoxication, & the bar has a two drink minimum.
Additional Details
I have news for you, this is not a hypothetical Q. They're doing it in Houston T...

Why is Obamas admitted past cocaine use "off limits"?

Can you get arrested for swearing and cursing at someone in public?

Additional Details
For example, what if I said:

"YOUR F***IN' GAS PRICES ARE SO F***IN' OVER THE TOP! I WOULDN'T PAY THAT MUCH FOR S***!"...

Is smoking cigarettes illegal under 18?
i was smoking when i asked a cop for directions yesterday and he didn't even say a word about it. i'm 16 and def don't look 18. it was stupid and i thought i was gonna get busted but ...

What's your most creative excuse for breaking the speed limit?

When you go to prison what can you bring with you?
Can you bring stuff like Ipods, small radios, or labtops? PS-Im not going to jail....

Do police have to much authority ?

Is it illegal if a closed bottle of alcohol is in a car with a minor driving?
I need my cousin, who is 17, to transport some closed bottles of alcohol to my apartment this weekend. When I asked my cousin, he asked if it actually was legal since their closed bottles. But now ...

adsetra
Can a police officer catch you on radar if he is driving directly behind you?
I was driving on the highway at about 63 mph.... a police officer in the center lane switched to the right lane directly behind me... he pulled me over and said i was going 70.... i asked him how he determined i was going 70 and he said that he caught me on radar....IS IT POSSIBLE??? I know was not going 70 but i wanna be sure that if i do go to court i know what i am talking about??

Show all answers
Post your answer

irish_whiskeyhumper
Rating
He didn't get u on radar, he paced you. Take it to court, he might not even show up.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mee
Rating
I was also unaware that they can detect your speed while moving, but I used to have a cop friend and he said that if the cop said he detected you by radar, you could ask to see it to prove his statement. They can always say no you can't see it, but then why wouldn't they let you if they really did catch you on the radar?? Cops lie too, they're also human.

At the end of the month they must complete their quotas so they tend to be on the road more at the end of the month. Keep your eyes open and try not to speed too much.

Cowgirl@heart
very very possible... but if you want to fight it in court you could bring up something about the radar equip. bc everytime a cop goes onto a shift he/she is supposed to check the radar to make sure it is accurate

grumpyoldman
Rating
Ah, is it possible he clocked you by using HIS speedometer?

rockyfella25
Rating
yes they can radar you from behind plus they know how fast they are going and can figure out how far ahead you are from him.

Dragonmistress
Rating
YES.

robm425
Rating
Yes!!! He could even catch you if he was moving the opposite direction

Philip McCrevice
Rating
Yes, he can.

Unless you look like a total ******, cops have more important stuff to do than pull innocent people over.

lulu2009
yes they can

Teekno
Yes, radar has been a proven technology for decades.

Years ago -- well, decades ago -- radar would only work if the unit was stationary. That's because if it was moving, you wouldn't get a good reading because both the unit and the target were moving. You'd get a false low result if you were travelling in the same direction as the target, and a false high reading if you were travelling in the opposite direction.

Modern radar guns give accurate readings because of increased computing power. It knows that almost every reflection a radar pulse will give out is actually a stationary item -- a tree, a building, a hill, the road. Then, there are a small number of items that are moving. The gun calculates the speed of the fastest moving target, subtracts from that the speed of the "stationary" targets, and arrives at a reliable speed reading that will stand up in court.

♥Creole Lady♥
Rating
yessirree,. he can!!

beez
Yes, your speed can be clocked from a patrol car driving behind you. You always have a right to ask that the officer produce the radar reading. Otherwise, it's your word against his.

MistiDawn
They can, actually: I've been on a ride-along before. Well, actually 3 of them. Your speedometer could be off, or maybe you don't have the right tires on your car, and you're going faster than you think. The officer can actually gage oncoming traffic at the same time as his flow of traffic, too. You really want to take him to court over it? 9 times out of 10, you'll lose on this one: the only time you DON'T lose is when the officer doesn't show up to court on the day of the hearing. Besides, if you go to court, plead "guilty," the judge will more than likely knock down the fine amount.

trooper3316
Rating
Some radar units have two antennas and a two switches. One antenna faces out the back window, the other out the front. The officer selects which antenna to use, and the other switch tells the radar which way the vehicle he wants to target is going.

The counting unit in the radar then makes the proper calculations based on the position of the switches. There is a diagram at the link below, look at the Golden Eagle or the Hawk.

http://www.pbelectronics.com/kustom__radar.htm

gomanyes562
Yes, it is completely possible. Why wouldn't it be?

irockarolex
Rating
yes, it is called "moving radar" it should state it on your ticket

davidmi711
Yes. Most current radar units are designed to function both while moving and while stopped.

amy g
Rating
yes he can, don't argue about it in court there is nothing you can do but pay the ticket.

CGIV76
Yes; radar works while moving, and from any direction.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy