Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Can police take picutures of my home and property without my consent or knowledge?
A friend called me and said she saw the police on my property walking around and taking pictures. I have 4 acres and am not growing pot if that is what you think....

Can they do this with ...

Can a cop legally chain a minor to a car door? Then cuff me when I was proved innocent?
I'm 15 and here's my story:

I'm walking into a store. I decide not to buy anything and walk out, but the alarm goes off. A keychain got caught on my purse. The store ...

If I dial 911 and the cops come to my home and I'm fighting myself can they arrest me if I don't press charges

Can a deaf person become a cop?
I am deaf myself and I sometimes have a debate with my friends and I was wondering if someone is deaf, can they apply to become a cop? Some police departments wants diversity and being deaf is ...

Have you ever talked your way out of a speeding ticket?

Best pickup line ever (Might be Offended)?
Ok so me and my friend Aaron always use this. Makes them laugh or run.

Aaron Walks up to A girl while I hide behind him.
(in a very friendly voice)
Aaron: Hey did you know Every ...

Can i take legal actions if im always fucked with by cops saying im from a gang when im not...?
im always getting fucked with by cops and deans cuz of who i hang with. my name went on a list of gangmembers and if that gang did something bad in schoo everyone who was on the list from that gang ...

How many people have been to jail and reason?

Are cops allowed to raid my house and search it with wrong address on the warrant?
i was visiting when my friends got raided and they made me lie down on the floor and then searched my pockets and found a bag of my personal meth . They charge me with possesion of trafficing ....

Will i goto jail on acheck writing charge?

What can I do about this?
I have had problems with one of my neighbours for a long time now. The music is so loud that I can feel the vibrations on my wall and hear it in every room in the house. He has already had 2 asbo and ...

Gun Control and America?
Why do Americans have a fasication with guns? In Europe we can walk down the streets feeling safe. That is such a great feeling not worrying about who is going to shoot who, but in the US you know ...

I have a question about search warrants?
My neighbors and us are in a dispute with each other . And now they are sinking low enough to say we are selling drugs from our home. One of the neighbors father actually works for the FBI apparently ...

If ur underage & u get arrested for shop lifting, will the officer actually call home? will they keep calling?
one of my friends got caught & arrested for shoplifting at the bay , she stole over 500$ worth of merchandise . when they tried to call home no one answered , & the police officer said that ...

Would you carry a knife?
If you are faced with the inevitable....

Why do Police Cars have Window Bars in the Back Seat Window of a Police Car?

Shouldn't the law be stricter on keeping animals after the news that animal cruelty cases have risen.?

I just caught my daughter with a shoping bag full of shoplifted items--what should i do?
my daugher had just returned home from a day at the mall with her friend; she had a bag full of clothes, when i had only given her $20. she said there was a lot of sales that day, i asked her to show ...

If a cop pulls you over and asks to search your car and you say no, what will happen?
Will I sit for hours while he gets a warrant or will I just get a beating? J/K...

Cops, police, pigs, law enforcement agents.... What do you call them?
I think some of these carry negative connotations and would be curious to know what YOU call them.... I would love to hear from someone in the profession about their thoughts too!!
Additional D...

2plus3
Can a lawyer refuse to defend a client if they believe they are guilty?
If a lawyer sees a client and they admit they did the crime, can the lawyer refuse to defend him or do they have certain procedures they have to follow? Always wanted to know what happens...??

Show all answers
Post your answer

sjbrown25@att.net
Rating
I've always wondered about that, and based out where I'm at, my instructors have differences of opinions, yes, lawyers can have the right to refuse defending a client, but then again, if the judge makes the appointment official, you try and back out of it, if you can, but you're ultimate purpose is win the best deal possible for your client-regardless if they're guilty or not. Or you can request to defend a particular client, again-it's up to the judge to allow that to happen. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it, that's part of the rights afforded to us, under the Constitution.

Now, I'm here in CA, and I can't speak for the other states, since laws vary from state to state. You'd have to ask the state attorney general in the area you're in, if this applies. I would like to know the answer to this question, from different regions that you're in and see how the criminal justice system works.

Please answer, truthfully and how are you coming up with your answers. . . .

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

azteccameron1
Rating
I agree with 'tango' and would add that to defend a 'not guilty' plea in the face of overwhelming evidence would be detrimental to the sollicitor's reputation.
The 'moral' way to act would be to advise the client on the futility of his plea and use his best skills to argue for mitigating circumstances and a reduced sentence.

Adam
Rating
hell yeah....any business can refuse service to anybody.....unless it is a public defender, but they never win cases anyway

Cyrus M
Rating
A lawyer can refuse to represent a client if the lawyer is professionally embarassed. An example would be when a client states to the laywer that he is guilty but wants to plead not guilty. A lawyer will not resign just because he 'thinks' the client may not be telling the truth, unless he believes that he is being implicated in a fraud or deceipt of some sort. I am a lawyer

allen555
Rating
Solicitor can choose which cases to take.

27ysq
Rating
a lawyer defends the rights of guitly and innocent people, not whether they are guilty or innocent. [that is an issue for the jury or judge] in defending those rights the attorney can oftern prove innocence as well, often with that as a goal while defending the rights of the client. however, i believe the answer to your question is yes, but he or she would not actually reveal to anyone specifically why the decision was made to not defend. but i can't be positive.

Northernscum
It would most likely depend on how much they can sponge out of the system in legal aid paments.

smart boratt brother
Only a public defender has an obligation under the law to provide a defense regardless.

Bardic
Rating
Don't know where you are, but in the UK a lawyer can decline to take on anyone's case if they wish. They don't have to follow any procedure, just say that they don't wish to act for you. Whether or not they believe you to be innocent or guilty has nothing to do with it, they still get paid if they do the job!

jmc445976
Yes, a lawyer can refuse to defend anyone they like.

Ian UK
Rating
As I understand it, if the suspect admits the offence to the lawyer (Solicitor) they have no option but to not represent them.

I believe its in their codes of conduct.

If however the Police have them 'bang to rights' and this is disclosed to the solicitor then they usually advise them to admit the offence anyway.

(Check answer by James M who is clearly in the best position to advise!)

c-n-s ok
It depends on the situation, they can refuse if there is a conflict of interest between there client and them or by witnesses and the other way round.and so on.

rogueriverbob
a lawyer can refuse,.....do to a conflict of interest, if the lawyer knows you are guilty and you want to lie on the stand he or she can refuse to take your case,.....ethics come into play if you lie on the stand and the lawyer knows you are lying,.....

Mark s
they can refuse for any reason

Tango
The intentions of any lawyer is to win a case. If the lawyer finds that the client is guilty of the offence in question then he or she would advice the client to apply that plea in court as there is no defence required. They would refuse to act on behalf of the client because it would be deemed as perjury and with holding evidence if they were ever caught of supporting the client.
This of course then would carry a prison sentence for the lawyer and the case could be heard on grounds of corruption.

James M
We HAVE to refuse to represent them. Some lawyers will turn a selective deaf ear, but I would never defend someone who has told me he is guilty, yet wants to plead not guilty. I have an obligation to my client, but an overriding obligation to the court not to knowingly be party to a lie.

In this situation you simply withdraw. You contact the court and tell them that you are professionally embarrassed, and cancel the representation order.

If the evidence is overwhelming, all I can do is advise them to plead guilty. If they still maintain that they are not guilty, I will continue to represent them. I have had cases that have been overwhelming before and have still been found not guilty by the jury.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, July 26, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy