Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

Do people not realise that the police stop criminals?
every time there is a police related question you have people who dont even want to answer the question, their first thought is always scumbags or w**kers! do people not realise that the police are ...

Is this true?
An american FBI series were saying that identical twins have the same DNA and the same fingerprints. Do you know if this is true....

Do i have a criminal record?
I was in town with a friend today and i got cought shoplifting and a PCSO took my details, but i am not sure whether i have a criminal record? I am only 13, and i was just being with my friend, i ...

Should marijuana be leaglized for medical use?

Is it illegal to attempt to purchase alochol if underage?
if im underage, and i go to the liquor store and try to buy alcohol, and they card me and i "dont have one" then can they call the cops or anything?...

What is the term for when a cop tricks you into incriminating yourself?

In the UK what is the longest a paedophile can be sent to prison for?

Additional Details
god guys.. im not facing prison.. im 15 years old and am in court next week prosecuting a 'p'. Don't just to conclusions :)...

Who shot the sheriff?

Will i lose my job cause i been caught stealing an onion from outside a asian store?
hi, last week me and my mates went on a booze up , we been drinking since the night before and by the time it was 4 pm we were all mostly totaly pist,anyway when we left the pub we decided to go home ...

Does anyone know the law surrounding someone who makes death threats against another person?
What action can be taken against someone who makes death threats?
Additional Details
The threats are in writing and I am in the UK....

I saved a driver from a speeding ticket today - am I a hero?
I was driving along a road in a 30-limit with a car in front of me. Both doing 40mph, perfectly safely. I knew there was a mobile speed camera ahead so I flashed the car several times, pointing to ...

Why was i refused entry to the police force?
I recently applied to join the police and failed. The excuse given was the home office guidelines on tattoos. As far as i am aware non of mine are offensive. I have comleted 8 years a military ...

Is it legal for an officer to use his partners badge in order to make a arrest?
Is this acceptable in the eyes of the law. The officer drops his partners badge on a desk and starts to read the suspect his Miranda rights. When the suspect stops the officer in protest and request ...

Why aren't gang activities classed under terrorist activity?

When you get pulled over by a cop and they ask to search your car what happens if you say they cant?

Whats the difference between and snitch and a witness?
Whats the difference between a snitch and a witness? Essay question asked by one of my professors in response to the "Stop Snitching" campaign...just wanted some opinions to go on......

UCLA taser incident. Especially the one threatening bystander to taser too. Abuse of power???

I own a car that my Mother has been driving, she has both sets of car keys.?
I'm going to go take the keys & the car( she's going to be pissed). I'll have the title with me. Any idea what will happen if she calls the police?
Additional Details
W...

Shannon Matthews is alive!! Have you heard??
she was found in a 39 year olds mans house a mile away.. neighbours reported sounds of a child running around in the house to the police.. the police burst into the house and found the littl girl in ...

Is that true that, in US, Civilians has rights to have arms without license?
Is that true that, in US, Civilians has rights to have arms without license?...

Angel
Can I go to Canada if I'm on probation?
I'm on probation for shoplifting and my probation says that I need permission to leave the state however they cannot grant permission to go to Canada unless I already have permission to enter Canada. I just want to go for one night and it's for a formal dance that I've had planned for about a year. The dance isn't until April and my probation will almost be up then. Do you think I can get through the border without them checking? And if not how do I go about trying to get permission to enter Canada?
Additional Details
Thanks for all the answers but I'm just asking since my probation says there's a possibility to get permission from Canada....How do i do that? Who can I contact

Show all answers
Post your answer

Juan O
better yes

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Joe S
Rating
I would think that would be completely up to your probation officer. I have never heard of anyone being denied entry to Canada by Canada because they are on probation. If you are not sure I would say call your local police and they should be able to direct you to someone who can answer your questions.the or visit this website. http://www.rcmp.ca

Why does everyone hate me?
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen working in Louisiana. I am very educated with my countries legal/justice system. Canada is getting tougher and tougher with there laws. The law states that if you have a criminal record, you may not enter the country. But at the same time, we are still a pretty liberal and forgiving country. If you are very serious and intent on going to Canada, I would contact a customs official in Ottawa and apply for a pardon. But I am not sure your state probation officer would be to keen on you leaving the US. If you want more info, please don't hesitate to contact me.

LMT in training!
OK why are you risking it?!?! If your probation would almost be over, why would you even try it? If you don't follow the rules of your probation, you will be in even more trouble! If you wanted to go so badly, you should not have shoplifted!

angie
Rating
if i was u i would not go because if ur leaving state ur probation officer could find out...sorry u better wait..

lilith1971
pretty sure they don't want shoplifters up there. they probably won't check, but you don't want to be caught if you do.

fifi
Rating
No you can't go to canada if you are on probation.

que otro hay
Rating
depending on where you are, look up the nearest consolate general for canada and ask them. they are real government representatives of canada and can probably direct you in some way. each office only deals with certain territories of the usa so check accordingly. the link is below. it seems like a logical resource for your situation.

Chilly Willy
Rating
Someone is controlling you.Don't tell them,how will they find out,if you don't get into trouble up there.

Gravityblaze
Rating
Probably not, but if you're smart you can get away with it and they'll never know you left.

If you have to check in with your probby just call from a cell phone that way he cant tell your in canada by the weird phone numbers

poopykins81
Rating
My mom just moved to canada from the states and got married. Both my sister and my husband can not cross the border because they have records. My moms husband in canada had a drug charge from like 30 years ago and he can't even get into the states. He had to apply for a waiver just so he can come to the states and meet the family. The border crossing to and from canada is very strict!

CPowell2093
Are you asking me if it is legal to do something illegal?
Because, I would have to say that's a yes.

West_End_Girl
Rating
You'll have to get a travel waiver from the Pardons people. If you don't have this waiver they can deport you back to the US and you can get in a whole butt load more trouble. I know the waiver here in Canda costs around 450.00, so I can't imagine it costing much more then that in your State.

Here's the website for the American Pardon Services, it'll have all the info you need on travelling to Canada when you have a record:

http://www.americanpardons.com/fast_card/

krazykyngekorny
If you go without both Canadian permission and that of your probation officer, you will get busted and probation will be revoked. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
______________________________________...
KrazyKyngeKorny(Krazy, not stupid)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯...

bethanaynayy
I would talk to your probation officer about it.

totalbeyotch
You need to get permission to enter from the Canadian Ministry.

Kalashnikova
Rating
boo to shoplifters! up with payers. go me. GO WAFFLES!

purplemonkey6662000
Rating
yeah but you have to tell your P.O. before you even leave the state. just ask your P.O. it should be no problem.

?
You'd get jailed. Your better off checking with your probation officer. They'll find out ... they always do. And think of how unhappy you'd be if they found out you snuck out of the country ... LOL!

Magma H
Girlfriend, postpone your trip.
Not unless you wish to do some "deep" servicing to Big Bertha locked up in the same jail cell as you do when you get detained at the border.

libaki
Rating
I know Canada may not let you in. They have full access to your criminal record at the border. They are stopping people with things like DUI from entering, even for a day trips.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, September 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy