Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Law Enforcement & Police
Legal Discussion Forum

What are your thoughts on the Darwins spending Xmas in jail while teen gangs are killing, stabbing and mugging
people in Britain at will ?...

Can you go to jail for prank calling?
mw and my friend were about to prank call someone, but they didnt pick up, then they called back and asked if we called, and we said no then he hung up. can u get in trouble for that?...

Cops put out an expensive bike for thieves to take, making it a felony? Is this right?
As you know, most state determine whether a larceny is a felony or a misdemeanor based on the value of the property and the cops wanted to make it easier for the prosecutor to get these guys serving ...

What happens if....?
you don't have tha bail amount that you need?...

Cable TV in jail?
Do you think it's right that some jails have cable TV? I don't even have cable. Why should my tax $$ go to it?
Additional Details
I would rather see them put to work. Digging ...

Why do cops not wear seat belts and use turn signals ,we have to?

Hi everyone. Do you reckon that we are on the verge of a third world war?
With all this terrorism....its scary ...we don't have clue where and when we will get bombed down by some lunatic....

If a male officer had to stop and search a women if there wasn't a female officer available...?
If he suspected she was in possession of a weapon, what sort of search would he be allowed to do compared to searching a male.?
Additional Details
My friend (female) was searched and the ...

I Got A Speeding Ticket. What's In My Best Interest To Do?
I was supposedly doing 75 in a 55mph zone. Caught by radar and followed 1.3 miles until I was pulled over. It's a $156.50 fine and i'm not sure if it's in my best interest to pay it or ...

How do I file a criminal complaint?
Where do I go to file a criminal (or for that matter, a civil) complaint?
Additional Details
ok, thanks for the first round of answers. Now let me be more specific: How do I file a ...

Can I shoot a burglar if I catch him in my house?
State Of F...

What happens when a cop pulls over another cop?

If at 30 mph 80% of kids live and 20% die whan they get knocked down?
by a car then why isnt the speed limit 20 mph....

I know someone who has a arrest warrent out on them... what should i do if they are running away from it?
i know excataly where they live and their plate # but he is an ex-boyfriend and i am afraid of him.... we also have a daughter together so how do i go about letting someone know where he is at and ...

How long do you think my brother will be in jail?
my brother was put on probation a few months ago, he had 3 years probation and he got arrested last night for pubc intoxication. his court hearind is tommorow but how long do you think he will be in ...

They used to hang horse thieves. Should we start hanging car thieves?
Should we bring back the 'good old days'?...

Have you ever had to dial 911??
Please tell me why you had to dial 911.
Additional Details
So sorry to hear that copswife134....

If I go to a police station and ask for a meal and a bed for the night will I receive it?
Or do I have to play by the rules and get drunk first?...

Are dog handlers in law enforcement allowed to take the dogs home with them when they're off duty?

Why are the police allowed to break the law to catch criminals?

*Warwick*DC5
Can I be a cop If i have tattoos?
Ok, I am 18 years old, I study Law Enforcement as my major at Western Illinois University. I have 7 tattoos, 4 visible on my arm... I want to know if i can get a job as a police officer without covering them up all the time. I saw on cops a cop with a big tatt on his arm, and I have heard people (friends who don't know what they are talking about) say things like "you cant be a cop with those tatts," but i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this or where they allow or dont allow, or really just anything about this topic... anything helps guys, thanks a lot!

Show all answers
Post your answer

4Seasons
Under cover narcotics detective.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

muggin_girl
Rating
You would never be able to do undercover work, that I know. Because people will use your tattoos as indentifying marks.

Mildred S
i don't know if they are allowed or not. i would think you could have one as long as it is covered by the uniform. i do not think they look right for a policeman but i'm old fashioned.

dovebird
Rating
yes you can be a cop the dept will make you cover them up with your clothing while you are on duty. In the winter you don't have to wear about because they are going to be covered up regardless. But in the summer you will have to wear the long sleeve shirt probably year long. As far as working undercover someone said that you won't be able to work undercover that's wrong in chicago undercover anything goes (regarding what you look like it doesn't matter then) it's while on duty in uniform that have to be covered by clothing

knoodelhed
Lot of old marines and navy people on local dept. Official rule is tats can't be visible in day time.

Just Another One
I'm sure you can, but why would you want to do that?!?!

Space Chicken
Yes. I've seen many cops with tatoos.

C J
Rating
Depends on how you wear it really. It would be like any job interview, you must be able to keep them looking tidy. There's nothing against the law about tatoos, and anyway, if you're good enough and you have enough pasison for the job, they're bound to accept you no matter what you've done to your skin. But still, keep it tidy..Let them know you have tatoos, and it shouldn't really bother the interviewers anyway.

FELIKS D.
Depends on the tatoo and city you wanna work in

unclewill67
A friend of mine was a cop and he had tats.

Todd S
It will depend upon the department's dress code. It probably won't be a problem unless the tattoos are in any way offensive.

A Conservative Voice
Rating
You have a better chance at being a Probation Officer or especially a Corrections officer. My boy who works with me( I am a C/O) has them from his neck to his feet. But yes some law enforcement jobs will allow them to go uncovered as long as they are not offensive.

Kevy
Rating
Yeah you can, I went to the academy with a guy with tattoos up and down both arms. You might have to wear a long sleeve shirt year round though.

joyceeleann
In California, they can not be visible while in uniform.

joeanonymous
Many police officers in my department have tattoos, but we do have a policy that none can be visible. So if you worked here, you'd have to wear long sleeved shirts all the time to cover them up.

If any of them say F.T.P I would cover them up for the interview!

ahsoasho2u2
MOST DEPARTMENTS IN TODAY'S MARKET ARE LOOKING FOR OFFICERS.

IF THE TATTOOS ARE OBSCENE (NAKED WOMEN ETC OR GANG BANGER TATS) YOU MAY HAVE TO COVER THEM UP WITH LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS.

MR ROGERS WORE SWEATERS TO COVER UP HIS MARINE TATTOOS-VIETNAM VET WELL DECORATED AND CHOSE TO BECOME A MINISTER AND HIDE HIS TATTOOS.

"LC" KNOWEN AS AIRFORC
yes you can be a cop with your tatts you just have to cover them up while on duty. in the CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL you cant have any visible tatts showing while on duty or while your in the academy. i went on a ride-along with an officer who has a tatt on his arm and it just barley shows below the end of the short sleeve uniform shirt he wore. that's okay but if you tatts up and down one or both of your arms you stuck wearing long sleeves or body makeup year round. plus it depends on the department you want to join the local ones were i live they don't care if you have tatts but if you want to go state or fed you'll gonna have to call and see what their policy is.

Kenneth C
Rating
Depends on the department. Some won't allow visible tattoos. Others allow it if they aren't offensive. Some don't allow them, but let you work there as long as you cover them up while on duty (long sleeve shirt year round).

So like I said, depends on the department, there is no set rule. Call the PDs you are interested in and ask.

CGIV76
Rating
Good question, and very controversial. It could also be a matter of discrimination. I had tattoos in the military, and on the Police department, and they were visible. I was asked if any were gang related. when I said no, the subject was dropped. Times have changed. It will probably depend on the department policy, and what the tattoos are.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy