Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Is New York the only state with seven digits in it's license plate?

I'm looking for a new insurance company-is full coverage strictly having collision and comprehensive?
I have to have full coverage for my car ...

I got a traffic ticket (speeding), did traffic school (in CA). So do I need to tell auto insurance?

How do you feel about your car insurance being rated by your credit score instead of your driving record?

Additional Details
I live in michigan, and they go by your credit score for your car insurance instead of your driving record....

What do you need to tax your vehicle - and does it all need to be in the same address?
i've moved within the last year, i have changed my insurance to my new address, but not my driving license, and the log book?? Do these need to be changed too?

Many thanx....

What happens if you fail your drivers permit test the first time?

How fast can people learn to drive?
My goal is to get my license by the end of july. Do you think its possible?? I am really nervous but I know I can make it. I am 22 years old and never drove a car before but My husband has a truck ...

Speeding ticket?
If I got a speeding ticket that was 9 over, and didn't have my license on me, does that go on my insurance?...

I need to geta laywer contact who is affordable in fees?

Where can i turn in somebody who doesn't have insurance for their car?

My little brother's car got hit?
He was in a parking lot and a woman backed into him and so he started honking and waving his arms, but she just drove off. He got her license plate number. He called the police but they won't ...

I was involved in a car accident and i got diagnosed with soft tissue damage. how much can i expect?
i am seeing a chiropractor and currently undergoing therapy. my car was completely totalled and i wonder how much of a settlement i can expect to get and how long does this type of case usually take ...

Is gap insurance worth it?
I heard it was a scam....

What to do if car is declared totalled and insurance company changes it mind after a week.?
Car initially delcared totalled and after a week they have changed their mind. The car's value is more then then the the repairs. They have decided that it will cost them less to repair the ...

I'm afraid I'm about to get screwed by my car insurance...?
I was rear ended by a semi just before Christmas. The accident was out of state, so after getting an estimate (which deemed the car totaled), my insurance company gave me several options. I could ...

Can insurance companies do this??
I am paying liability only for my truck... on a month to month basis.

I have 3 months left on a 6 month policy. I decided to go with another company because a ticket I got 3 years ago ...

I have had my car at abody shop for over 2 months now, what do ido to get it out of there?

UK road tax question please?
how old does a car and a motor bike have to be for free tax?
when the car or bike is that old do you still buy the tax and claim the cash back from dvla?

how does it work to get free ...

Will my car insurance pay for the repair that has been caused from someone keying my car paint?

I am a college student with very limited income. Should i get liability car insurance or full coverage.
if i get full coverage then it is harder for me to save money but covers the vehicle if somethiing happens. If i get liability it is easier for me to save money but if the car gets wrecked i am ...

lucy b
Why is my vehicle registration non transferable?
my vehicle registration certificate states that my regisration is non-transferble. I really don't know why that would be the case, does anyone have any ideas?

Show all answers
Post your answer

seemynewname
Rating
how about each time the vehicle is sold the state gets paid again

note that this is the REGISTRATION a fee paid to use the car in the state by an individual and not the TITLE ( the certificate of ownership )

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

snetterton
Rating
Because it's specific to the vehicle which you have registered - it cannot be used on another chassis number unless it is a private plate.

just me
Rating
What state are you talking about?? It could have to do with the plates themselves that they can not be put on a different car. If you are in New York, older vehicles the registration was the title and could be transferred because it was the title. Now that they have actual titles in NY, the registrations say non-transferable so people know the difference. Actually the old ones said Transferable, and that was used as a title.

TRACEY T
Rating
I think its because you or someone before you had a private plate and when the private one is taken of and a new number give to it you cannot sell the new number plate so now non transferble

Sir Sidney Snot
Any registration number can be transferred from any vehicle as long as it's MOT'd

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/?utm_source=overture&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=registration+transfer&OVRAW=Registration%20transfer&OVKEY=registration%20transfer&OVMTC=standard

Bob the Boat
Rating
Hi,
It is non-transferable in that you shouldn't just screw the plates onto a different vehicle, as the VIN No won't match, nor the chassis & engine ID.
This is all on your MOT certificate for that registration.
However - there is a form available from the DVLA in Swansea, If I remember correctly it is a DT50.
Duly filled in, all is well with re-registering to a diffent vehicle.
I bought a car recently, and the previous keeper wished to keep his "cherished" No. plate, for use on his new car.
No problem. I just picked a new No from DVLA, fiddled with all the paperwork, and all happened without big problems.
Bob

barn owl
I think it means that you cannot transfer your number plate to another vehicle

Neil
Rating
Often it is because someone has put some effort into getting the original number restored on an old car that had been re-registered at some point in its life.
The system for doing this was put in place for the benefit of classic car enthusiasts, ensuring that the original number could be restored to a car if it could be proved that it did belong to that car, improving the originality of the car.
To prevent people making a fast buck by buying old cars that originally had valuable numbers, getting the old number restored, then selling off the old number at a profit, restored numbers are not transferable.
Q-plate numbers (assigned to cars of unknown, or unverified age) are also not transferable.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, November 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy