Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Insurance Questions and Drivers ED?
Hello, First things first, is it possible to own a car without insurance? (Put it in my garage and work on it)

Second is, I'm 18 and I'm going to be driving a BMW 1998 328i, I ...

My car was stolen and recovered....it was involved in a crime while in the criminals contact?
now i really dont want the car back after that, do you think my insurance well still pay it off and let me get a new one under those circumstances??? i dont want to drive in a car that was involved ...

How much would car insurance cost for me monthly?
I'm a 17 year old kid and I'm looking to buy a new car and insuring it as well. Let me give you some information. I totalled my car about a year and half ago, but besides that I haven'...

What happens if I miss a courtdate that was extended?
I got a ticket in Nov. and my courtdate was set for Jan. I decided to ask for an extension for my courtdate in order to take a defensive driving class to clear my driving record. So now my courtdate ...

Oregon driver's license written test?
I'm taking my written test tomorrow to get my license.
I barely passed my permit test so I'm nervous.
Any tips?
(Besides to study. I have!)...

If i got 2 drunk driving charges in nj. can i still register my car ? dont get licence back till may 2010.?

Tips on low insurance quotes?

Insurance for a 3000GT SL?
Im 17 years old, by the time i get my license im going to be 18...How much would it cost for Insurance if i driving a 95, 97 or 98 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL?

I have excellent grades. My ...

I got in a car accident the other day with my friends?
alright so i was driving on sunset blvd aproching brooketree avenue going tward beverly hills comming from the pacific palisades i was in the right lane and the lady in the brown volvo was in the ...

Can i drive my mom's car?
can i drive my mom's car if she has insurance on it but i am not in the policy? she has full coverage. i live in salt lake city, utah....

Does an 18 yr old need to have a permit to take the driver's license test for the CA DMV?
I'm 18 & my folks weren't letting me get my license before but now that I've recently turned 18 they're like "GET YOUR LICENSE!!!"

Do I need a permit or ...

Work related accident.Any ground for legal suit?
At work, While backing out of the loading deck driving the company's truck, I hit a Parked vehicle. When the police officer shows up, I was told that I was at fault despite the fact that the ...

How much insurance on....?
how much would the insurance be on a 2003
jaguar x-type?...

What is the average settlement payout for personal injury due to negligence by a company?
I got an injury and suffer from tissue damage in foot. who should i contact for a lawyer and what should i be on the look out for as far as finding someone to represent me. So far ive had one lawyer ...

HOW MUCH DO A DRIVER'S LICENSE IN MILWAUKEE?

I was rear ended by a lady charged with a DWI, what should i do?
Feb. 8th 2009 I was rear ended in Yelm, WA (bald hills road). I was taken by ambulance to a hospital. I had a CT scan, several x-rays, a fast track (ultrasound), and now have a sprained back along ...

What happens if you're at fault at a car accident and never file a claim with your auto insurance company?
What's gonna happen? Is it illegal?...

What is the cheapest car insurance?
What is the cheapest car insurance. Im just look at it is like 500 dollars a month. Where should I go. Im 17 now I will be 18 in April. 28. I need car insurance in May 16. How much should I be ...

Has anyone used BelAir Car Insurance in Canada? Or BelAirDirect.com? Has your experience been good or bad?
Thank ...

Texas flood vehicle marked NON REPAIR/KILLS VIN?
I'm looking at buying a vehicle in Texas that has been marked NON REPAIR/KILLS VIN. Can that vehicle be titled in Minnesota (where I live) or is that not possible? I would be using it for ...

Chris T
Why haven't I received my CA DMV Registration renewal?
My tags expire in May of this year but now it's March and I still have received my renewal notice. Is this normal due to the state cut-backs?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Peedlepup
Rating
California usually sends out the renewal notices 2 months in advance. If you don't get it by the end of the month call or go to a DMV office and inquire. DON'T wait until it expires to avoid extra fees.

Yes, the budget cutbacks are partly responsible. DMV employees must take off one or two days a month which will increase their workload on the days they do work.

I had the same problem a few years ago. Unfortunately my registration had already expired. I was lucky to have been served by an understanding DMV clerk that waived the late fees because the delay was the DMV's fault.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Nap
The usual time span in almost all states is 45 days. They are set to arrive at your last known address 45 days before yours expires. You appear to have ample time. Its figured that If you get it and immediately mail it back to renew you will get It (The renewal) In more then enough time. You didn't move did you? If so, unless you told both the DMV AND the reg. department of the change,chances are you won't get It. Most times people change there address on there drivers license figuring that this will cover both, No way. They are actually 2 different entities.They have to be addressed in 2 separate operations.. In this state I see It happen all to often. Unfortunately the States DO NOT tell you this. Everyone concentrates on the drivers license only. So, good luck.Also, Not related to any Cut Backs. this has been going on for years.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, December 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy