Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Car Insurance for my 16 year old in Illinois. My ex husband is buying him a brand new 07 Chrysler Sebring.?
He doesn't deserve it either. My son has been living with his dad for the past 2 years. He get horrible grades and has no responsibility none whatso ever. They are asking me to look into how ...

Should I get a repair estimate with insurance claim or without?
I recently had my car appraised over the damage that was done to my car from a collision. The Ins. company will mail me a check for the total cost of the reapir submitted from their estimator. I ...

I need help with information about a claim we filed through auto insurance?
On April 4,2007 my husbands car was parked in the street which is in a culdesac, the neighbors daughter was dropping her off and when she reversed hit our parked car. We were told by the officer ...

Road accidents ! I was in one but the other driver drove off.?
Road accidents ! I was in one but the other driver who hit me drove off, has anyone else been in something similar where you feel it is your fault for just being there . And also how does the ...

Car Accident - I don't want this car anymore?
My SUV was parked on the street last week when a woman driving a minivan suddenly veered and hit my car.

Of course it was her fault because my car was parked legally on the side of the ...

Can I uninsure a vehicle that is unoperable?
My '03 Hyundai Elantra needs a new engine and radiator, and we are trying to sell the car. We just bought a new vehicle as the replacement, and want to sell the other one (since we no longer ...

Is maaco responsible for lost or stolen property?

If you do not have auto insurance but the other driver does and they are at fault will claims still be paid?

I lost a license plate?
My back license plate is missing somehow and my front one is half way unscrewed, but i'm in another state than where i'm registers, what do i do, I need to drive but i know this is a trafic ...

Whar is a deductable in auto insurance?

Hows does this car insurance works?
my hubbys bro wants to take our car for a week for a trip...our insurance covers only me and hubby...so can we give it to him?and if so how can we insure him for a week?...

If i just got my permit, can i drive my moms car without insurance?
I just got my permit and want to drive my moms car. Do i have to be on her insurance if i only have a permit?...

My Insurance denied accident claim...What can the other drive do now?
Last week a lady filed a police report claiming I hit her parked car. I never felt anything backing out and there was no damage done to my car. After speaking with the cop I called her asking to get ...

What will the court issue yo me for copying my tax disc?
it was only for 4 weeks but really broke at minute and cant afford to replace but needed to get my daughter to and from ...

How much will it cost to ensure my 98 trans am..iam 20 years old living in california?

Do I need to have my license to insure my car?
Im buying my first car in a month, I know I can tranfer the title without having a license, but can I insure and register the car without having one? The car isnt going to be driven for a bit, but I ...

Is it typical for a body shop to give me money back for letting them work on my car if insurance is paying?
My parked car got hit and other party took responsibility. I want to get it fixed. If I pay for it body shops charge $3k. If insurance pays for it the body shops will "milk" the insurance ...

Is this Insurance Fraud?
I live in NJ, but my Grandmother lives in North Carolina, can I get a license there and say I live with her so I can register my vehicle through NC and get they're insurance rates?

If ...

Got into an accident?
i got into an accident that had MINOR damages but it's noticeable, should i involve my insurance since the guy who hit me is being an ahole? haha .. i do want my car fixed but my dad said it'...

I just received a parking ticket on my girlfriend's car. I'm not insured on it or registered. Am i in trouble?
I live in Ontario. I'm basically wondering if they'll actually do a background check or if I can just give her the money to go pay it. On the ticket it says "he".
Additional ...

Stephanie B
What is "Unrelated Prior Damage" on an Insurance Estimate for damage on my car?
The tow truck that towed my car that had died, did not tie it down correctly so it rolled and hit the front of the flatbed truck and caused damage to the front of my car. They deducted this unrelated prior damage on the estimate. What does this mean?
Additional Details
All the damage occured in the front and they are saying the unrelated prior damage is all the other dings on the rest of my car that was not involved with the towtruck.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Pedro S
u may not get paid for dammage unrelated to the accident..u may have to file against the tow co

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

fisherwoman
Rating
They are saying that you had other damage to your car, and they are deducting what they feel the other damage costs are, from your current claim. If you do have unrelated damage, it's only fair that the insurance company not have to pay for that, unless a claim has been made. Also, the adjuster works for the insurance company, not you. He wants to come back with the lowest bid, for the sake of the company. If you feel you are not being treated reasonably, you can contact the Insurance Commission, and they can explain how the process works. The bottom line is, the insurance company only pays for the current damage. Your car will be valued at blue book,plus or minus condition/wear, then the prior damage estimate is deducted, then you receive the balance, unless you owe on the vehicle, then the lender gets the money.

Cruiser
The car already had damage to the front prior to the mishap. I would guess that's what they are saying

Fordman
The estimate says that you had already had some damage to the car before the accident. That means that they will not pay for damage that was already there before the accident.

It will be up to you to decide what you think is fair. If the car did, in fact, have prior damage then you can accept the estimate, however, if your car didn't have the damage, then you can call the insurance company and fight it, or get a lawyer and fight it in court. good luck

CowboyBill
Rating
Need more facts. Did your car 'die' from a collision? Is it a total loss? Normally, only 'unrelated prior damages' are deducted from the value of the car when it's declared a total loss. 'Related' prior damage can be deducted from collision damage, (let's say your front bumper has prior damage to the left side then you have a collision and destroy the bumper. The insurance company then deducts the amout of prior damage that was already there from the cost to replace the unit).

Jason G
Seems simple to me....unrelated prior damage is just that. It's unrelated to the loss, it's prior damage. An estimate will always list the damage on the car with a notation that it's unrelated. No one is going to pay for damage they didn't case.

Texas Pineknot
Unrelated Prior Damage is damage that was already on your car before the tow truck dropped your car. Usually the driver does a quick inspection of your car before attempting to load it and records prior damage on his clipboard. That way you can't come back at them later and say that they caused this damage. They will only pay for what they caused when they dropped the car. You will usually not be paid for prior damage when something like this happens.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy