Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Does taking drivers ed really help lower your insurance?

Is it okay for me to drive my brother's car while he is IRAQ, my name is not on his Insurance Policy?
But I have my own truck that I have insurance on, so if I was driving his car and I had an at fault accident, how would it be covered? Is it all good? Let me know....

Will insuance pay in the 'hit and run' accident?
I had an accident because an unidentified car hit me from back then continued without stopping, I don't have any information about this person/ car. will the insurance cover my damages?...

Does anyone know if points from traffic violations carry over for out of staters?
I was wondering if points that you get from a traffic violation as an out-of-state driver gets seen by your insurance company in your home state. If you don't know, is there a way I can find ...

If I smash into a parked newer luxury car and i have a basic liability coverage which only covers upto $15,000
If I smash into back of a newer luxury car(which cost $40,000 plus) and totals it and i only have a basic liability coverage which only covers upto $30,000 per accident for both medical and vehicle ...

Tell me how to get a license.I am suspended for a long time.I want to change my name or something.?

What does "51 Reg plate"mean ?
i am selling honda civic and people ask me if this is 51 plate - what do they mean and what difference does it make?...

Hes being fined for a car he doesn't own?
my boyfriend recieved a letter from the dvla saying he has to pay a fine for not paying tax on a car he sold 18months ago.

They say they've sent previous letters, but he says he hasn&#...

Driving Uninsured - what to include in a "plea of mitigation"?
My partner was recently stopped for driving my car without insurance. We were both under the impression that, as a fully comprehensive driver, he was insured to drive another vehicle third party. H...

When 3 cars are in accident who's fault is it?
If a driver in front stops abruptly or crashes into something, is the second guy responsible for hitting the first guy? What if theres a third car and it hits the middle car?
Additional Details<...

Pulled over by cop, no license, no car insurance and making unsafe turn?
I just got pulled over, i would like to know what can happen when i go to court next month, it was very first ticket!!HELP...

I'm 20 years old with 2 years driving experience.?
How much can I expect to pay for insurance on a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4? Thanks. Just curious. If its not possible to do this, how do these bow wows and chris browns pull it off????
M...

Insurance accident question?
i hit a deer with my car driving at night. I want to know if i make an insurance claim will my insurance go up. We have dealer plates because my dad owns a shop. We never been into any accidents with ...

I received a ticket for driving without insurance ...?
I have a court date on Monday. I've been advised to put insurance on the car I was driving and take proof of insurance to court with me. I, however, can't afford to maintain insurance on ...

Is there any way to get compensation for being without a car?
I was in an accident over a month ago that was not my fault. I am wondering if it is possible to receive compensation for being without a car?...

What is the point of traffic school?
What is the point of traffic school? I remember I got two tickets in high school, paid the fees, went to traffic school. . .and when I went to get new insurance, the tickets we're still on my ...

Why do I have to be on my wifes insurance if I am disabled and I am unable to drive?

If you get rear ended in a auto accident and my car was 20,000 dollars to repair can I sue for loss of depreci
Should i sue the other parties for the loss of value on my vechile.Now that my car has been in a serious accident I can never get the true value of my car when I sell it.Someone should be responsible ...

No insurance?
what happen if you get in a car crush and have no insurance for that car my on friend wants to ...

If I have a provisional license , a car and im 17 years old what can I do in terms of driving?
Do I need insurance to drive under a provisional license?...

Benia M
What happens if you forgot to renew car registration?

Show all answers
Post your answer

stargazer6440
Rating
expiration

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Bethany
Rating
You will have to pay a late fee, but take care of this as quickly as possible. Don't panic because this is not unusual.

tonalc1
Rating
Depending on the state you live in, and how long it's been expired, you'll get pulled over and just get a ticket, or your car will be immediately towed

Just go to the DMV and get it renewed. You'll have to pay a small late fee.

lisaclara
Rating
Most states help you out by sending you a bill in the mail every year - how can you forget getting those bills? I don't know what state you're in - but most of them will send you a notification in the mail - that you failed to renew and that you only have so much time before they will take your license away or something like that. Some states will fine you money for not taking care of this on time. Most states require a sticker of some kind to be applied to your license plate so the cops will easily be able to pull you over based on having the wrong color sticker on your plate. You could end up with a ticket and having to go to court and all of that fun stuff. I'd go to the DMV ASAP tommorrow and take care of the situation. There may be exceptions such as being in the military - if your registration expires and you're like assigned to a ship or gone to the gulf - I'm sure they are more lenient in cases like that.

hevdoll
Rating
you will get a ticket if pulled over, but if you notice before you get this ticket just renew and nothing will happen.

tara
In Texas we have to go to the court house and renew it after so many days, I had a penlty fee for waiting to long.

purple gorilla
Rating
You could get a ticket if stopped for any reason by the police. Renew and pay the penalty costs if there are any.

Shibi
Rating
The little Month sticker you put on your license plate expires and you could get a ticket for it -- I think that it's a fine + "fix it" ticket. If you want to pay it now (and it's late) I think that the DMV charges you a fine, in increasingly larger increments as the payment gets later. Check the DMV site in your area. Here's California's:

Roosterfan
Rating
your car will be unregistered

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, November 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy