Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

I got in a wreck today was wondering whose fault?
If im driving north on a four lane road (2 outside turn lanes) at a big intersection and right b4 i get in the intersection it turns yellow. A Man going south was trying to take a left turn. There ...

Can i trade in a car thats not in my name??
the car that i have is in my husbands name and we live in a community property state...im trying to trade it in for another car and i need to know if i can do it my self or if i would need to be have ...

Car Insurance for my 16 year old in Illinois. My ex husband is buying him a brand new 07 Chrysler Sebring.?
He doesn't deserve it either. My son has been living with his dad for the past 2 years. He get horrible grades and has no responsibility none whatso ever. They are asking me to look into how ...

Should I get a repair estimate with insurance claim or without?
I recently had my car appraised over the damage that was done to my car from a collision. The Ins. company will mail me a check for the total cost of the reapir submitted from their estimator. I ...

I need help with information about a claim we filed through auto insurance?
On April 4,2007 my husbands car was parked in the street which is in a culdesac, the neighbors daughter was dropping her off and when she reversed hit our parked car. We were told by the officer ...

Road accidents ! I was in one but the other driver drove off.?
Road accidents ! I was in one but the other driver who hit me drove off, has anyone else been in something similar where you feel it is your fault for just being there . And also how does the ...

Car Accident - I don't want this car anymore?
My SUV was parked on the street last week when a woman driving a minivan suddenly veered and hit my car.

Of course it was her fault because my car was parked legally on the side of the ...

Can I uninsure a vehicle that is unoperable?
My '03 Hyundai Elantra needs a new engine and radiator, and we are trying to sell the car. We just bought a new vehicle as the replacement, and want to sell the other one (since we no longer ...

Is maaco responsible for lost or stolen property?

If you do not have auto insurance but the other driver does and they are at fault will claims still be paid?

I lost a license plate?
My back license plate is missing somehow and my front one is half way unscrewed, but i'm in another state than where i'm registers, what do i do, I need to drive but i know this is a trafic ...

Whar is a deductable in auto insurance?

Hows does this car insurance works?
my hubbys bro wants to take our car for a week for a trip...our insurance covers only me and hubby...so can we give it to him?and if so how can we insure him for a week?...

If i just got my permit, can i drive my moms car without insurance?
I just got my permit and want to drive my moms car. Do i have to be on her insurance if i only have a permit?...

My Insurance denied accident claim...What can the other drive do now?
Last week a lady filed a police report claiming I hit her parked car. I never felt anything backing out and there was no damage done to my car. After speaking with the cop I called her asking to get ...

What will the court issue yo me for copying my tax disc?
it was only for 4 weeks but really broke at minute and cant afford to replace but needed to get my daughter to and from ...

How much will it cost to ensure my 98 trans am..iam 20 years old living in california?

Do I need to have my license to insure my car?
Im buying my first car in a month, I know I can tranfer the title without having a license, but can I insure and register the car without having one? The car isnt going to be driven for a bit, but I ...

Is it typical for a body shop to give me money back for letting them work on my car if insurance is paying?
My parked car got hit and other party took responsibility. I want to get it fixed. If I pay for it body shops charge $3k. If insurance pays for it the body shops will "milk" the insurance ...

Is this Insurance Fraud?
I live in NJ, but my Grandmother lives in North Carolina, can I get a license there and say I live with her so I can register my vehicle through NC and get they're insurance rates?

If ...

Jamie
What happens if you are caught driving without your license?
I have a valid driver's license, but I left it at school and I am only home for the weekend. I have never gotten pulled over before and I don't speed, so I don't expect to get pulled over any time soon. I will be doing at most 15 minutes of driving for the entire weekend. On the off chance I get pulled over, though, what happens since I wouldn't have my driver's license with me at the time?

Show all answers
Post your answer

WILFREDO B
Well first of all if you are driving without a license you can be punished up to 1,000 dollars and 180 days in jail and a suspension of up to six months for your first offense. If you don't have a license yet the suspension will go onto the one that you would have gotten.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

lillardlane@yahoo.com
It all depends. Anything can happen. State Laws change..

jim
You do need to know all your personal information. SSI #, birthday, full name, and it helps to know your drivers license #. The cop will look at you funny and ask a lot of questions. Its most likely a $10 fix it ticket (at least it was for me). Some cops are really cool and just let you go, most will have to ticket you. They will ask you where your license is. I suggest you pretend to look for it and "realize" its in your other purse, dresser, or you must have left it in your other pants. I'm sure knowing you didn't have it on you is a stiffer penalty than "forgetting" it

carrieluvsredsox
Jamie. i am not sure where you live, but i live in Iowa. i left home to run to my dads house and forgot my purse. I was pulled over because i did not have a plate on the front end of my car (i had a vanity) the cop did give me a warning for the plate and a ticket for not having my license with me. I went to the courthouse to show them i did indeed have a valid license and they dropped the ticket for that.

gomanyes562
Rating
It would help if you memorize your driver's license number. It really depends on the cop. Some will let you go and some will give you a ticket. If you get a ticket, you can just take your license to court and show it to the judge and he should cancel the ticket, but this is a bit of a hassle.

waffleage
Rating
In some states you will just get a ticket in others a warning, and in some strict areas you could get arrested. it really depends on where you are.

schurz04
Rating
I dont know what planet the other people who answered are on. There is a law that requires you to carry a drivers license with you. As such you can get a ticket for not having it. Most officer will let you slide if you have a valid license, but its not with you. In my state, at least, anything is arrestable, but the only way youd end up on jail is if you dont sign the citation. Most states its a small fine, and some its even correctable (ie you just have to show it at court or a police station and pay a small court processing fee).

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, August 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy