Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 How much would it cost for?
a new axle and engine cradle ?...

 Insurance for a Provisional license. Covered by Parents? (NJ)?
i just got My Provisional LIcense in the state of NJ. I do not have a car but i plan on driving my Parent's Car whenever i get the chance. am i automatically insured by my parents insurance or ...

 Totaled buy back amount 97 Civic DX HB?
Anyone on here ever buy back a totaled car from the insurance company?

I have a 97 DX HB and it has $2600 front end damage. I think the car in perfect shape is worth $3200. That sounds ...

 Cheapest legal auto insurance I can buy to only show to an officer in case of getting a ticket?
I have a 2000 dollar car, and I use it to get to school which is only 10 minutes away, driving through the city. I never use the car to travel long distances, and I'm a very careful and ...

 If you buy/finance a car through a dealership, but let your insurance lapse, can they take your car away?
I bought a car at a dealership last year, and due to a number of traffic stops, can't afford to insure it, which I know is wrong on a lot of levels. However, I keep getting this vision in my ...

 I need help with this one.....?
A guy backed up into my car and he said he would pay the deductable and rental car fees but I would have to file it with my insurance. The accident happened Feb.7, its almost been 2 months and ...

 How will my driving record affect my revoacked license?

 Could you please give me some advice?
I recently got into an accident and currently in therapy right now. I just got a call from my attorney that my insurance called them about my car not being repairable. They are going to give me a ...

 Which insurance company is better: Geico or Nationwide?
I want to switch my car insurance from Geico to Nationwide, but I need your opinion on Nationwide. Will it be worth switching? Are the prices cheaper? Is the insurance quality better? Please help....

 Transferring back to Texas - will I have to get a new license?
I moved to RI about a year ago but just transferred my TX license to a RI one on my birthday in February. On the RI DMV website it says that if your license hasn't been expired in 3 yrs you can ...

 Car insurance Premium is lower on my 2009, than was my older 2003?
I bought a new 2009 Toyota, and traded in my 2003 Chrysler. When I went to my insurance, my premium was lowered by $100.00 for the year. Normally a newer car is more to insure than an older car. Any ...

 Can someone give me a good auto insurance company for full coverage for the under 25 age group?
I'm not looking into going on those sites that compare quotes (already tried it).

I just want a direct name of a good auto insurance company for full coverage. So far I've been ...

 Yesterday I lowered my deductibles on my auto insurance. Today I hit something. Will it look suspicious?
Today I hit one of those truck tire treads that were in the road and it really screwed up my car. Will it look suspicious if I file a claim, seeing how I just lowered my deductibles?...

 Vehicle Inspection Requirements?
After five years why is a vehicle required to be inspected?...

 Question about mopeds in FL and TX. Plus tickets. HELP I'm so confused.?
I have a FL drivers licence. I bought a Moped in TX and received a ticket for driving without registration, no class M inducement on license and no insurance on vehicle.

Texas State law ...

 Can you get drivers license in another state if illinois says you can have revoked license reinstated?
can one get a regular class A license from another state besides illinois? illinois sent me a letter stating i could re-apply for drivers license over 15 years ago, from a revocation over 20 years ...

 What is the name of the song with the rats driving a car commercial?
lyrics are left right side to side sorry but it rarely comes ...

 I'm doing a driving test?
I need some tips to calm my nerves. I've already failed it four times because I was too drunk....

 I recently heard that people born during and after 1994 have to wait until 18 to get a license. Is this true?
I'm 14 turning 15 in a couple of months. Is this true?...

 Would just like some opinions on this car accident!!?
I was in a car accident on Tuesday the 7th. I was going through a green light and this kid ran a red light and T-boned my car. He had a huge truck and I have a taurus. Since my car isn't worth ...

Kate J
V5 still not sent and tax due tomorrow what can we do?
My friend bought his car 6 months ago, and never received his logbook. So 4 weeks ago he sent off his green supplement and application for the V5 document, but nothing has arrived. His car tax is due tomorrow and he has nothing to prove that he owns the car. He hasn't been sent a reminder by the DVLA for tax so he can't tax it. What can he do?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Dasher has the answer spot on.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Hello there.

Your friend should call DVLA Swansea on 08707 669 378. They will then check on the computer to see what has gone wrong, they will be able to re-issue the V5.

This is the quickest way, if you get someone helpful they should do it over the phone. There is a chance you may be advised to fill out a form called a V62. You can ether get this from your local post office or download the file from here as a pdf: http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/forms/v62.pdf and then send it on.

Unfortunately he cannot get a Road Fund Licence as he does not have the V5 registration document or the Green Slip, if no reminder has been sent then he cannot tax online either.

He will have to park off the road for a few days whilst he waits for his new paperwork, DVLA Swansea are actually quite responsive once you've highlighted a problem so your friend should receive his new V5 within about 5 days. He can then get what he needs.

Good luck with it.

p.s. Don't call them at lunchtime!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Check the dvla website. It has details on what to do.


Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, July 4, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy