Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

How to register face book?

Will my car insurance payments be affected cause i got sued and lost the case?
Hi. i got in a car accident about a year ago. Come to find out a year later that the lady that hit me is suing me for $7K. I just went to court but the judge said that the case will be put in ...

When can i get my permit i just turned 15 this year?
My birthday is january 31 1994 can i get my permit in june or july? and also can i get my permit in los angeles did they change the law that you have to be 18?...

How do you get your drivers license in CA when your 18?
Do you have to do drivers training, hours with an instructor, etc.?...

Is there a website that searches cars with a license plates for free?

Another driver totaled my car that I was still paying on. What does their insurance do about my car?
The insurance company agrees that the accident was the other drivers fault. I just want to know since I was still paying on my car and it is now totaled, does that mean I end up out of a car all ...

I'm 15 years old. Tell me if I qualify for a hardship license in Texas?
My house is out of the school bus route area. My mom has to drop off my siblings at their school and their school starts around when mine does. My dad has to go to work early in the morning. T...

I bought a car & haven't rcvd title yet. I think there's a lien on title. How can I find out who owns lien?
I contacted California DMV, they won't release any info about the title to me because I am not on the title. The seller won't answer or return my phone calls. What in the world can I do ...

California driver's permit?
im 16 and i want to drive already! but i know the first step to driving is that you need your permit. i also know that you need to get your pink slip and that is achieved my passing the drivers ed ...

Can you legally drive a Smart car if you're not gay?

Driving school question?
i never took driving school and im about to be 18 so do i still have to take the school?...

After passing a roadtest, do you get a temporary license until the permanent one is mailed?
Or are you without a license for a couple weeks until it comes?...

Can A 14 Year Old Get A Restricted License For Moped Use In Wisconsin?
I'm 14 and am just looking to buzz down the street for fun and maybe to school. From what I have read you can get a restricted license in Wisconsin but I don't know how old you have to be ...

I was hit by a motorist that had liability insurance do it cover my car?

I'm a 16 year old driver in CA, when I go in to get my license, what are the restrictions I'll have?
Like, how long do I have to have my license until I can drive around minors? Or my family? And once I get my license I can immediately drive alone right? Or do I still have to drive with a licensed ...

How do I become less nervous about my road test?
So, I'm taking my road test soon and I'm actually a lot more nervous than I thought I was going to be. I drive all the time and I've been told more than once that I'll be fine, ...

Wisconsin drivers license?
I have a probationary license which I lose in september. I currently have 8 points on my license. Will I still have the points when I switch from a probationary license to a regular one? Also, how ...

Finding a good auto insurance in denver?
i am moving to denver next month and my auto insurance is about to expire in a month, right now have usaa insurance and there premium goes up to 132$ per month, i tried esurance is cheaper than what ...

I drove with my friend's car and I had an accident. No one or other cars was involved.?
I don't have a car insurance but my friend's does (the car owner).
Am I illegal to drive without a car insurance?...

Transferring a Title -- Cost?
Does transferring a title into your name, change price, county to county or city to city? Or is it the same price where ever you go?

Does it go by how much the truck is worth or how much ...

iwannaknow
Transfer of car title between husband and wife .?
Husband and I are separated . He signed over title to car to me . Can I have car put in my name ? I have car in my possession . I live in different city and county now . But same state , Texas . We are in the process of getting a divorce .
Saying that . Since he signed over title to me . Will this show judge that he does not have interest in the car ?
Additional Details
mbcratz are you sure and what is your source? i dont want to do anything illeagal.

Show all answers
Post your answer

vicki g
Yes, MBR Catz is right. In CA (I think it's the same in Texas) on the line that your husband signs, is printed something like:"by signing this I'm releasing my interest in the car" Look at the title to see if it doesn't say that.
Take the title to the DMV and turn it in. They will mail you another one with just your name on it.
You should also contact your insurance company to update the owner information for them.
The value of the car may be considered part of your settlement.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

mbrcatz
The divorce/seperation is irrelevant. If he had the title to the car, free & clear, he can sign it over to you, then you can retitle it in your name, and voila! it's your car.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, November 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy