Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

MOT Poblems please?
On my Registration Certificate it say date of first registration (19/09/2005)so dose that mean my MOT will be on 19/092008...

Can the victim of a car accident be compensated when there is no injury?
A month ago I was rear-ended at a stop light. There was $8,000 damage to my minivan. Because the frame was not bent, the insurance company had it repaired. The driver who hit me left the scene ...

I crashed my vehicle and the auto insurance company will buy it from me. Next car = New Insurance company?
I crashed my vehicle and the auto insurance appraiser said AllState will purchase the vehicle from me because the cost to fix it will be more than what the car is worth.

When I buy my ...

Can you keep the check after a car accident rather then repair?
Recently had a fender bender, someone hit me while stopped. Now the damage to my car is, to be honest, not worth fixing. But per the other persons insurance its a total of $400 in damage. Now ...

Wrong License Plate Number on Parking Ticket?
I got issued a parking ticket in Ohio. My car is registered in NY. My license plate number was incorrect by two letters on the parking ticket. They do have the make and model correct. Since they ...

Is this a good car insurance quote?
I got a quote from Hanover Insurance for my car. I am a new driver age 16.

The car: 1973 Volkswagen Beetle, value $5400
The quote: $435/yr
Coverage: Full
Deductable: $250

My parent bought me a car. I own/insure car in my name. My father taken car of me. Do I prosecute for theft?

Additional Details
I am now 20 years old. The car was a present for my birthday and it was brand new. I still live at home, until now, as I have fallen out with my parents and they ...

Can an insurance company drop your auto insurance any time?
I have had 3 claims in 4 years. The first two claims where while living in another state. I since moved and just put in my third claim today (first claim with this company). My insurance payment ...

If u get pulled in the uk and show your insurance documnts will they check them on a computer?
or just look there and then
Additional Details
well my friends dad has got fully comp on
his carr but my friend photoshopped his name on it as a named driver , will they now if they ...

My neighbour asked her son2move her car hit mine said he wood pay 2week ago no licence is nething i can do?
when he did it he said he would pay for it ive not seen him scince this was 2weeks ago ive now found out he has no licence insurance is there anything i could do about it ...

How many points do you need on your licence before you get banned i heard it has just gone up to 15 thankyou?

How can i find out who owns a car by its registration number?

Why is my insurance so expensive?
im a 20year old male, I passed my driving test last December, I been checking up some insurance quotes on small cars (all sorts) but the cheapest insurance I get is £2000 for a really small car, all ...

Have u ever stolen anything and what was it?

Car insurance / accident / whos at fault?
heres the situation. my girlfriend borrowed my car for the day.
she was on the freeway and some guy all of a sudden brakes hard to avoid traffic "atleast thats what he said" and she ...

Car accident... insurance or just pay them?
My friend hit a parked car. Their car only has damaged bumper, but we were told that it costs $480 to fix. Should we pay them the money or go through insurance? He also drove about another few yards ...

Guy parked in 2 bays in works c/park I left paint mark on his door, hes got insurnce involved,where do I stand
works security took photo's showing he's over my line, I didn't admit it but did tell him to park down the bottom of the car park....

If a 16 year old has 2 accidents in Illinois what will insurance do?

When starting new car insurance, can insurers decline no claims bonus due to 2 motorway speeding convictions?
Hello,

I am trying to arrange vehicle insurance. I have contacted A&L with regards to their car insurance.

Basically I have just changed jobs, where I had company cars ...

17 year old US drivers license - ok to drive in UK?
I am a 17 year old US citizen who will be visiting England this summer. Is it legal for me to drive with my US drivers license? It is not considered a provisional license in America, since I am 17, ...

john x
Is 150 a month for auto insurance liability a lot?
im only 19 and had my license for 1 year never had insurance so far geico had offered me the best deal at 150 a month. is that good or should i keep looking?
Additional Details
i tired all the big ones and the next in line was 200 farmers

Show all answers
Post your answer

Tory C
For car insurance the obvious way to get a great rate is do a policy comparison on car policies. Make sure that you pick similar policies with the same limits, car model, zip code, etc so that all options are a good comparison.

What I always recommend is an online comparison quote at http://www.lowratetoday.com since they have big name insurers and can give several quotes on auto insurance polices.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Leopold T
john x, There are lots of websites where you can get an online quote. http://www.simpleautoquotes.com/Auto-Insurance.html It only takes 5 minutes to do.

The Christopher
You should always look around. 150 a month is in the ballpark, but I think you might find something better. I would think 1500 a year for a teenager could be expected. You can go to such sites as Helium and Associated Content and find articles on how to get lower insurance rates (these sites are for people who write articles on the internet.)

Miles Z
carinsurance.enacre.net - I switched to this car insurance from them, cause it gives much cheaper rates in my area.

Amy C
The answer could vary by person.It is alway a good idea to hear the suggestion from different sides and try to choose the best one.Here http://www.insuranceidea.info/free-insurance.htm is a good one i recommend.

spazzz
Rating
I was paying over 500 p/m when I first got my licens. I just terned 25 and im down to 54. 150 is not a bad price, and as you get older it will go down. Just gotta keep you nose clean. (dont get tickets or accidents)

eric
I got insurance for $330 for 6 months at a time in my early 20s at State Farm. I wasn't paying it by the month. $150 a month would be $900 for 6 months and that sounds high. I would think you should be able to find insurance for around $80-100 a month, but I have heard that insurance rates have increases over the last few years. If you pay it every 6 months or yearly, it'll be cheaper. I'll get quotes from all of the insurance companies before making a decision.

Jackie R
Rating
When I was 19, I signed up with liability which was $300 a month. I think $150 is not bad. I am now 30 and pay $98 for full coverage. So I would say $150 is okay. I would also shop around insurance companies. I think Geico is one of those that is too expensive. You should check State Farm, Farmers, AIG. I was actually surprised they were more affordable.

Insuranceman
Rating
There is no ONE insurance company that is right for everyone - everyone is rated individually - and all companies have different "likes and dis-likes", different credit tiers, different business models, and many other factors that can vary your rate - and a QUOTE is ONLY a quote until the policy is issued.

Typically, insurance rates will vary from State to State and can even vary by ZIPCODE! It also will depend on the type of car/truck, coverages, limits of liability, and driving record. Some companies run credit scores and MOST run a motor vehicle report and CLUE (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) report to see about undisclosed accident involvement.

The best thing to do is call a LOCAL independent agent or broker. Don't go across town, or to some other city - look for someone CLOSE. Just look in the phone book for the PIA or Big I (Trusted Choice) logos and you will find a professional licensed agent that will be able to help you solve your insurance problems, and give you rate comparisons of several different companies.

An independent insurance agent will normally have a dozen different companies and if he cannot help you, he should be networked with other local agents that can.

In my agency, we have companies that do NOT run a credit score and welcome drivers with "less than perfect" driving records and specialize in youthful operators!

Most of the replies on this site say "go to this on-line carrier or that on-line carrier or that 1-800 number" but I'm sure that when you do, you will find some impersonal computer user with a script to work from and you won't be able to talk with the same person every time you have a problem!

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!

adoll12
Rating
It's going to be hard for people to give you a great answer without knowing what state you're in because that can make a HUGE difference! Also the amount of liability you're choosing to carry will have a big effect too. Also, is that for just liability or do you also have medical payments, collision, comprehensive, etc? Did you have a car before or just your license, if you didn't have a car to insure then it's not as bad as driving without insurance - that will drive the price up a lot too.
There are a lot of factors when it comes to price! If price is your biggest concern then calling around (sounds like you have) will be the best thing to do.

enrqiue g
Its realy easy to get quotes online, I recommend you to get quotes onlines from different companies so you can compare and save a lot of money on your insurance, you can get the quotes from the best companies in your area in just a few minutes in this site.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, July 28, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy