Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Car Accident...am I still Liable?
Here is the story. My brother got into a car accident with my "uninsured" vehicle. And the other party is now suing for damages. It was a fender bender and the other party is suing for 10...

Why do license plates get blurred out?

Additional Details
like on t.v....

What rights do I have when my car insurance drops my 18yo from policy due to multiple claims?
I received a letter from my auto insurance stating they will no longer insure any vehicle driven by my son. He's had 2 claims in 2 years. Both claims resulted in totaled vehicles. A third claim ...

If I get into an accident and I'm second driver will the first driver NCB be affected?
I would like to be on someones cover as second driver in order to get a cheap qoute, but the someone is worried that if I get into a collision (new driver) they NCP will be cancelled and their future ...

Hit a parked car, other party wants to settle without using insurance. Is this a good idea? ?
My husband hit a parked car after losing control of my moms car on an ice patch. There was not anybody in the other car and the owner doesn't want to use insurance companies. We are happy to ...

My brother is over 18 does he have to get insurance immediately in the situation oulined below?
My brother needs to start driving. Will he have to get insurance if he gets a permit. Can he drive under my moms policy with a permit or a license or will a new policy be needed. And also if he will ...

I crashed my pickup last night. Whats the first thing I should do now?
I was out in the country and called a friend to come and get me. The sherrifs dept came to my house and made out a report. I said I wasnt injured, but this morning I am wondering if it wouldnt be ...

If your car is written off after an accident does your insurance premium go up immediately?
Our car crashed on Sunday and we've just been told it will be written off. We're hoping to get a new car but will the premium go up with immediate effect or whem it is due for renewal?...

How much will insurance cost for a 16 year old male driving an expensive car?
I turned 16 in January. I have 35 grand to put down on a car, I'm planning on buying the 2010 Camaro SS v8 coupe. It cost around 29,000.

I'm just curious, how much approx will it ...

My driver's license was stolen...what do I do?
I live in Texas and this weekend my purse was stolen that had my driver's license in it. Can the person who stole it use it against me? and how do I go about getting a new one? And do I need to ...

When is a car considered a write-off?

How does my brother hitting someone in my car affect my driving record?
My brother hit someone in my car yesterday. Neither of the cars were severely damaged. Does it go on my driving record that i have had an accident. How will this attect my driving record, and car ...

I renewed my car insurance policy, with a new car, but they are insuring both my old and new car, what to do?
My car insurance company is insuring 2 cars even though they were informed that my previous vehicle was taken off the road, they even have it documented that my I switched my previous vehicles plates ...

Should aliens be permit ed to drive with no insurance license?
Oh so mainy.accident and they move on....

Id of vin numbers on motor vehicles?

I am required to appear in court for parking ina handicpp space. Is it possible/legit to plead not guilty???

How do you go about getting disable car tax disc?
i am a disable person and i wood like to now what i have to do to get disable car tax ...

I don't have insurance and hit an insured driver, rental car what happens?
I am an uninsured driver and rear ended somebody. She is insured and I am not. There are very minimal damages, where nobody was hurt, but I am just wondering what will happen? I am 21 with a license, ...

If an excluded driver drives my car and hits another car, how can i still get my insurance to pay damages?

Additional Details
the person that drove my car did not have permission to drive....

Do you need car insurance to get drivers license in Texas?
I'll give the "BEST ANSWER" award to the person who knows what they're talking about and not just guessing at things.
Additional Details
I ask this because I want to ...

CarlT
If you're 18 with a driver's permit do you need to drive with someone thats 21 or can they be 18?

Additional Details
I live in Minnesota

Show all answers
Post your answer

Amber[Attack]!
It doesn't matter on age, you have to drive with someone that has had their G for at least 4 years

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

pass the amunition
Rating
as long as they have a license, it doesnt matter.

lisalovesthekillers
they have to have had there licence for four years

Katherine
In the UK, if you havn't passed your test yet but have your provisional, I think the person driving with you has to have been driving for over 3 years? Not sure if that is the same for where you live.

trevor51590
Rating
In New Jersey, it doesn't depend on the age. It depends on how long your supervising person has had their NJ license.

K Warrior
the permit is good for driving yourself but im not sure if you can after a certain time??

lil' miss
Rating
I think you need someone who is 21. But ask your dmv, it could be different for your state.

Sue ♥ Foo
Rating
You didn't say what state you live in, but I would call the DMV and check before you do any driving.

oklatom
Rating
From the web page.

Conditions

Permit holder may drive under the supervision of a certified driving instructor, parent or guardian, or other licensed driver 21 years of age or older.

Now, the rest of you claiming it doesn't matter, or that 18 is okay, please don't answer unless you know. Okay?

Fred C
Some people answer your question with their socks in their mouths, I guess they are in it for the points. The exception is the poster just ahead of me, who,like me, exhibited intelligence in seeking out the right answer.
All one had to do was look at the DMV website for Minnesota, and see "With the permit, you may drive under the supervision of any licensed driver that is at least 21. If you're under 18, you must wear your seat belt. And, cell phone use while driving is not permitted for all permit drivers."
Those over 18 have to hold the permit for a minimum of 3 months before applying for the driver licence. Under 18, by the way, you have to hold the permit for 6 months minimum.

bender
not in my state. you should check on your state's website, or let us know what state you're in. either the guy above me is wrong or this is the kind of thing that varies.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy