Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Got a tax disc but not in my car till my boyfriend gets home,can i still drive it?

I would like to use my mates driving details, e.g. licence, insurance, etc..?
I'm hoping to pass myself off as my mate while his on holiday, before you ask he is happy with all this, though has told me to drive carefully. If stopped by police if I tell them his details, ...

Driving out of car park space hit by pick up taking corner with speed hit on my side of road. Who is at fault?
Was reversing straight back on my side in an wide open car park when a pick-up takes wide berth at corner driving into back of jeep....

Involved in car accident please help!?
I was involved in a car accident on Sat., I was stopped at a light behind like 10 people when the light turned green it was still stop & go so I made sure to be careful but the lady behind me ...

When can I start driving people after getting my permit?
I'm 15 and a half, and I just got my permit. I live in california, and I was wondering how long I have to wait until I can drive passengers under the age of 25. Thanks!...

Guy that totaled my car is claiming...?
That he was injured in the accident, my insurance company called and said they will deny his claim after they check to make sure there was a left turn signal at the intersection the accident occurred....

Do I have to place my son on my auto insurance?
Someone told me if my car had under insured motorist it covers any one who drives it why do I need 2 put my son on it then. The insurance company says I have to but this other person has 3 kids and 2...

Can the insurance company repair your totaled car even if you do not want to repair it?

Is driving an automatic car for the first time hard????
i am first starting to drive for drivers ed tommorow morning and i am nervous about it considering i have never had driving experience
Additional Details
sweet thanks ...

If i bought a car that was taxed and mot for 6 months can i get it home without insurance?l?
Want to work on car before insuring ...

How can you sell a car that has no title, or registration?
Or how would you go about obtaining these items. This car may have been recieved illegally...
Additional Details
2006 chevy ...

What age do you have to be to get a driving licence?
what is the minimum age to get a driving licence?
i heard they are going to put it up to 21 :-(...

I hit another car driving to work this morning It was completely my fault and I'm insured but...?
My car failed it's MOT on the weekend, it needed about £300 more work sone on it after the service & MOT so I was putting it off until pay day next Friday. Wihtout MOT is my insurance ...

I am settling a motor accident without going through the insurance. I was the victim! Help!?
I was involved in a motor accident where the other person crashed into the back of my car.

We talked and exchanged details and he takes responsibility for the accident. He didnt want to ...

Do you have to get your repairs done at the garage where you had its MOT done?
or can you quote around?...

Whats the cheapest car to insure?

Hit and run road accident?
hi my son in law was in a accident he was knocked over while he was on the pavement by a hit and run driver he was treated on scene and then in hospital for severe cuts,brusing.and trauma,the driver ...

Is Sixteen Too Young Too Drive?
i am doing a debateble report please answer and no profanity plz i dont want my parents to ...

How many driving lessons?
how many driving lessons did you have before you sat your test ? how many hours?...

Can I drive to Tesco if I am 17 but have not passed my driving test?
If my mum is sat in the passenger seat and have had her license for years and the car has L plates?...

diamond girl
If my license is suspended, can I still get permission to drive for employment purposes only?

Show all answers
Post your answer

The Rock
I have one word for you. Illegal. your car be ceased and sold at auction. You will be arrested.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Vivian S
Rating
No, you'll end up getting caught driving with a suspended license and end up going to jail or get your license revolked.

jack jack
Rating
no then what will be the purpose for taking it away

surfinthedesert
Rating
The answer is absolutely NOT. NO. The idiot above me who thinks you can drive to school "sometimes"??? He's a retard. Do not listen to morons like that. The answer is no.

Latin Techie
Rating
Your licence is suspended, you are not allowed to drive until the suspension is lifted. Thats it. If you drive while disqualified and are caught you risk a Jail term.

BckysRule08
no

locksmith
sometimes you can. will have to plead your case to a judge.

Chris
People who get license suspensions for DUI can get a restricted permit to drive to and from work or school. You should check with the local court/police/dmv.

maurcal
No, if your license is suspended, you cannot drive at all. Not even a mile. Your only option is to request that the court issues you a restricted license. You would have to schedule a court appointment w/the court that suspended your license. However, most of the time, they only will allow you to drive to and from work, but only if your request is granted.

Billy T
yes the judge can permit you to drive. its called a hardship license

nbr660
Rating
maybe

jerry
Rating
you have to check with the court and they will limited your driving,,explain what you ,need it for,,doctors,,shopping,,only neccesary things

bostonianinmo
In some states, yes. In others, no. Check with your DMV.

KANDY_GIRL
Rating
nope you have 2 get that problem fixed thats ur best solution to ur problem ,cause if you get cough driving ur gonna get locked up and a big fine!

mir n
Rating
Sorry You cannot drive till revocation of license.

ben s
yes u can and to get to school sometimes

susan w
Rating
not really, unless you live on Long Island, where they install special things in your car, where you have to take a test inside your car every 10 minutes, to make sure you not drunk. Othen than that, NO.

xX.R.e.b.e.l.Xx
Rating
no--they say you have to get another way of transportation--such as buses or people driving YOU. it sucks, i hope your license comes back soon.

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Rating
Yes, some states do allow this

oklatom
If your license is suspended, you have been to court. What ever the judge said is the way it was. Did you ask in court about being allowed to drive for work purposes? If not, and the ruling has already been made, I doubt you can go back and change things now.

memigen
Rating
I believe so...call and find out...it never hurts to ask.

girlnoladrea
Yes, you can apply for what is called a Red License (in the state I live in, but your state probably has the same thing, maybe a different name). You have to go to the license bureau, and ask to speak to a judge about this condition. Many times the judge will agree, but there will be restrictions. Only to work/school, valid during certain times only....etc.

Jonny
yes u have 2 get a date to see a person with dmv its called a work permit best of luck

Benanen
I believe so, yes. It depends on what you did to get it suspened, I believe. I think some even allow you to drive to work and back, the grocery store, and court. Not sure though, so you'll want to ask a live representitve of the Department of Motor Vehicles.

jennifer c
Rating
Yes, the do issue hardship license in some cases. It depends on your family needs and if you are the sole bread winner and what offense it was. Have your lawyer check into it.

Mike Hunt
each state is different...call or visit website of your license issuing entity. they can get you started.

kimberly b
You should be able to get a work permit, call the dmv and they will be able to connect you to someone that can answer. I wanted a work permit when I lost my license for unpaid fines, but come to find out that is the only thing they wont grant a work permit for.. so I could drink and drive and still get a work permit, but I couldn't get one so that I could make money to pay the fines off... jackals

Jeep Driver
Rating
Depends on a bunch of things. Some states will allow it but public transportation must be used if it is available. I would call your local Sheriffs office and ask them

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy