Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 Why exactly do women pay lower insurance rates than men ?
http://www.youtube.com/w Details

 I want to get my driving licence?
But I think I will fail the test and that passed the theory and got to pass practical by June 2010 but i dont fancy my chances....

 Ive lost my theory test certificate for dvla can i still take my practical driving test without it?

 Do I have to pass MOT every year or they have already changed to every 2 years?
what happens if I don't have mot for about a week ?...

 How much money am I facing, I hit a car without insurance?
I was switching lanes in my friend's car and didn't see another car coming towards me. She side swiped me as I was pulling out and the side of her car was dented. When the police came they ...

 Is the car legally mine?????
my mom bought me a car, i signed the bill of sale and got the title tranfered to my name and took the car to my house. Shes trying to take it back now. She's saying shes gonna call the cops, is ...

 What information can the police find from a license plate?
My boyfriend has stickers on the plate that appear to be current, but actually is not. Will the cops be able to tell from running the plate. (bear in mind the car is in NY but registered in KY)...

 In a recent hailstorm my car windshield was cracked and needs to be replaced. Will my insurance premium go up?
I have full coverage on my car and I would like to repair the crack, but I'm worried that my premium will go up. Does anyone have any experience with this?...

 My friends son was in an auto accident and she is the co-signer, I have a few question?
He lost his insurance, his license is revoked. They live in AZ. The accident was a hit and run.
She co signed the loan and the title says her name and his name.
My question is this. Can she ...

 Does your insurance premium go up on a misdemeanor DUI?

 I'm 17, if my parents bought me a car, could i have it put in my name and they won't be responsible?
I'm looking at getting a 95 mustang gt but my parents think that if i hurt somebody, they can end up getting sued and losing the house. To prevent that from happening, they'll allow me to ...

 How long do i have to have my license before i can teach my girlfriend?
my girlfriend has a provisional license and has asked me if i can add her into my insurance and teach her how to drive, the only problem is i dont no how long i have to have had my license for does ...

 Can they sue me?
if i was involved in a car accident and they said i was at fault, can the other party sue me personally? cuz i thought that was why u have insurance? isnt the insurance company supposed to deal with ...

 If you have a suspended license in one state can you get a license in a different state?

 Do i have to be added to my parents car insurance? They have progressive?
i am 16 just got my ...

 Do US auto insurers penalize uninsured motorists?
I'm turning 25 at the end of August, and my insurer has told me they are canceling my current policy on 8/27 if I do not pay today. That's fine with me, because my premium is so high right ...

 I had 6 points in my first 2 years of driving do them points get taken off now i passed my test again?
I had 6 points in the first 2 years of driving and my licence was revoked. Now i have passed my test again do the points stay on the licence or will they be kept on there?...

 How do you insure a used car from a private party on the way home?
If i buy a used car from a private party a few hundred miles from me how do i legally drive the car back to be registered in my state of PA. I called insurance company and they said they cant give me ...

 Help! could I be sued?
I drive a '88 Volvo 240. The other day I was driving and something fell. So that distracted me... and SMACK! into a Saab at about 10 miles an hour. Well my car was barely damaged (just the ...

 What is the probability of me backing into a car and not feeling it?
I'm being accused of hitting a parked car. I'm assuming that they are saying I back into it because I would have known if I hit it going forward. Now they want to get paid for it. I'm ...

͏҉ ßõhrçmrïñsÿ★
If a car has been declared totalled by an insurance company, yet still drivable with option of buy back...???
Can it then be reinsured with liability so that it is legal? I'm a bit confused how this works, if that car's VIN number is in the system as a totalled car will any insurance company cover it with the basic(liability) so that I can still legally drive it around? The damage was not so bad that it's not drivable, just not worth fixing.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Leave this place, run
It should be taken off the road and used as parts, but not cut and shut;
Cut 'n shut
Cut 'n shut is the term used by the motor trade for a car that is made up of two cars, usually both 'write-offs'. The back end of one is welded to the front end of another, often with considerable skill. The car may look like new, but it is likely to be unroadworthy, could be lethal in a crash, and may be worthless when you come to sell it.

The exceptions to this rule are the 'stretched' vehicles made by specialist coachbuilders; construction of these cars means they often have to be cut in half, but they have plenty of additional strengthening to restore their structural integrity.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Yes it can. But a lot of insurance companies frown on insuring vehicles that have been totaled and have a rebuilt title as they are not only a safety hazard (in the insurance companies eyes) but they have a hard time trying to find monetary value in the vehicle if it gets totaled again. Ask your current company if they would be willing to insure something like that and go from there.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

fed up
Yes you can get it insured, in california I believe only insurable for pl & pd, at least that is what happened to a friend of mine when he bought back a motorcycle he could only get pl & pd. Yhe irony of this is the motorcylce was not damaged that bad, we think the adjuster was trying to pull a quick one, not thinking my friend would opt to buy it back under a salvage title.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

When this happened to me i was informed that, i would have to have all the repairs made to the vehicle, it would have to pass a new MOT and be inspected by the DVLA that was all fine, then they said and we might not re-insure it after all that anyway.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Ken D
A car can be written off if it is a loss as far as spending out money to have it repaired by the insurance company, if the car is not a total loss you can buy it back and carry out the repairs and then it will probably have to be inspected at the Vehicle Inspectorate before a log book is issued, if it is a total loss it is scrapped.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

John Q
It really depends on what catagory the Insurers Engineer places the car on either A B C D. If the minor ones yes you can have it repaired and then re MOT. Ask your Insurer to offer you cash in lieu of repairs and you retian the salvage. They will allow this provided it is not in the higher catagory. A lot of older cars are deemed beyond repair not because of the fact they are undrivable but due to repairs exceeding the market value. Talk to your Broker if they are a good one then use their advise as they will know. if you deal direct with the company then not so good. Thats where a Broker is preffered.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Captain Jack
Well, all I can tell you is what happened to me. Some years ago, a van backed into the front quarter of my old pick-up. My truck was 15 years old. The guy's insurance company said my truck was a total, as it wasn't worth fixing. They only wanted to give me $500, even though it couldn't have been replaced for under $1000.

After going round and round with these folks, they finally agreed to give me the $500 and let me keep the truck. I never took the truck off the policy. I pounded out the fender and pulled the frame straight with a come-a-long.

Since there was no unusual wear on the front tires, I drove the truck for another 18 months. I did switch to a new insurance company when my policy with the old company expired, as they gave me no help in getting a fair settlement. I sold the truck for $500 about a year later.

Since the truck never left my ownership, it was not re-titled as salvage, so I needed no certification.

Good Luck


Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy