Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Have u ever got hit by a car?

What should i do?
I was involved in a fender bender. I already have 3 accident claims with my insurance so I don't want the rate to go up that is why I am trying to settle one on one. So I offered to pay for the ...

If someone pays car insurance for 40 years and never make a claim?
should they get some of the money they have been paying over the years ...

Hit by a Drunk driver on Christmas?
I was hit by a drunk driver on Christmas. My husband was taken to the Hospital by ambulance with a neck injury and TMJ(I think that is what it is called). We are now just found out that the man who ...

Am I a bad person?
I was sitting at a drive through restaurant one day. The parking lot was one way. This car tried to come through the wrong way and was sitting in front of me. They wouldn't move (retards) so I ...

I'm paying out of my pocket for someone's damage to their rear bumper, can I ignore them?
About three weeks ago, I got into a rear end collision with a car because of some stupid taxi. Anyways, after getting into the collision we stopped at a gas station and looked at the damage. My front ...

Women drivers?
Is it not time that we made our roads accident free, to do this i think we should ban all women drivers, that would take about 50% of cars off the road, normality would return to the roads once again....

Caught speeding?
Got caught doing 108.8 on the motorway got to go to court in derby pooing myself. Does anyone know how much i will be fined and how many points i will get please help.
Additional Details

I was banned for drink driving does anyone know any cheap insurance companys?
before anyone says i know i was stupid but i was just over the limit, im looking at buying a nissan micra or something small and i wanted to know where to get the cheapest car ...

Do insurance companies charge more for autos that are red?

Would you be ok if the goverment wanted to keep a copy of your drivers license on file?

Additional Details
I'm sorry I wasn't clear. If they used your id in a computer system when looking for criminals. Instead of looking thru mug shoots you would look thru ...

Can i use my car insurance to drive my dads car?
i got fully comp insurance on my car, does my insurance cover me to drive my dads car?...

Uninsured vehicles parked on the public highway?
I know this is technically unlawful but if the road tax is valid will any public body take action?...

DVLA sent details to my insurance about points I was not aware of now they won't pay out what can I do?
My car was stolen along with my purse so The insurance sent for the details of my licence and there were points on that I was not aware of. So they are now saying that if they had know this they ...

I got a speeding penalty notice and have sent back the form for 3 points on my license and a £60 fine?
Do I have to tell my car insurance company about this straight away? If so, will my premiums go up?...

Car has just been seized?
A community police officer knocked on the door the other night and said we have no insurance on our car. We have and we gave her the insurance form to prove it. They have just knocked on the door ...

Do you need insurance to own or to drive a car ?

Failed my Driving Test today?
I failed my Driving Test today. I got 6 minors and a major because I stalled the car and rolled slightly because I never applied the handbrake properly. The examiner said that it was only because I ...

Do you need to get insurance as soon as you buy a new car. How long can you wait till you get insurance.?

Which comes first? The car or insurance?
You can't drive without insurance, but your insurance rate depends in part on what kind of car you drive. So which do you get first?...

jesse 36
I was pulled over with no insurance, can you back date insurance so you dont get suspended?
just curious if you can get insurance and back date it to the date of the ticket? any body know of anything?

Show all answers
Post your answer

CaseyAngelEyes
Some agents might do that if they see the vehicle. But, it has been my experience that as long as you show up to court with insurance they let it go. Find yourself a cheap policy. You may want to try a website that compares multiple companies at once to get you the best price. I am paying less than ½ after I did.

Go to: http://www.insureme.com/landing.aspx?Refby=616165&Type=auto

Take care,
Casey

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

lost and confused
Your gonna get it!!

rob
your ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you cant backdate insurance. just dont get caught

scaminator63
NO

grasshopper
no, don't drive without insurance

starwings20
Rating
My husband had a ticket for no insurance (ended that day) well long story, but he got rid of his car soon afterwards and so he didn't have insurance obviously. He still needed to deal with the ticket though, so about 6 months later he bought an old truck and got insurance on it.
He went to court and showed proof of insurance, on a different vehicle months later, but they still dropped the fine down and he just had to pay a 30 dollar court fee.
I would suggest getting insurance and going to court, showing proof of current insurance. Even though you were not insured at the time, if you show you have insurance now they may lower the fine because you are taking care of it and getting insurance. Just be sure to continue the insurance because like everyone else has said, you need it.

The Oldest Soul
Nope, because in states where insurance is the law, insurance companies are in direct communication with the dmv about dates of insurance.

Sorry. You're going to have to accept the consequences.

Wolfe Bentley A
no

stewiegriffin4president
Rating
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I work in insurance. And no, we cannot back date your insurance.

mommyme
I would say no. No repetuable insurance company will do this. Looks like your out of luck.

?
Nope. If you weren't covered that day, you weren't covered...you can't go retroactive on that.

Don E
Rating
Insurance is now electronically given to DMV when it is purchased and for what time period. No hideing anything on this one,sorry.

jay p
Rating
that sounds likea whole new law being broken. get insurance and get a court date.hope for a lenient judge.

hyperfamilyman
Rating
Only if the insurance agent wants to go to jail for insurance fraud. Not many are willing to do that.

Jay
Rating
No. If you did this and got caught, it would be fraud. Instead of fine, it could mean prison.

Get some insurance. Pay the fine.

CowboyBill
Rating
Only if you can find an agent that is stupid enough or crooked enough to do it.

oklatom
You really think you could convince an insurance company to commit fraud by back dating an official insurance form? Highly unlikely, especially since most states now have a data base which shows law enforcement your insurance status at the time of stop, and if you failed to make a payment, that information would also be available on line. A good many of the states are now suspending your license if your insurance isn't valid.

Okay, simple answer follows. NO!

Fred C
Rating
I am a licenced broker. If I backdated your application, I would lose my licence, period. There is no company that will accept a back-dated application. If we could, people would wait until the fire to insure the house - think about it!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 2, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy