Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 If u have failed your driving test more than once, what kept you going?
I will have to put in yet again I have 'flunked twice.In my area, I heard they are one of the strictest.What wierd /wonderful stories have u got in the way you FINALLY got that pass.I would be ...

 How can I reduce my car insurance premium (U.K.) ?
Details are: I'm a 51yr. male living in Birmingham Uk driving a zero valued Ford Fiesta 1.3 automatic (1995) parked on the road (no choice unfortunately) looking for third party cover. I have 1...

 I bought a car with a salvage title, will I have problems registering this car?
I just recently bought a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire from a Dealer. I had to go back and pick up the title because they had to do something with it at the DMV. When I went back a few days later to get the ...

 Car Accident and other driver doesn't have INSURANCE?

My friend got into a car accident. Some girl pretty much totalled his car and it was the girls fault, BUT SHE DOESN'T HAVE INSURANCE!!!!

He made a police report and ...

 Car insurance through your drivers license? Is it possible?
I met someone a few years ago who told me they had car insurance through their drivers license. I have never heard about that before. How is this possible? I live in Los Angeles as did the woman who ...

 Getting around paying a fine? help please?
I recently recieved a letter from transport for london, for not paying the £8 congestion charge in london and now i have to pay £60. I wasn't aware that you had to pay pn the day or the day ...

 If I just got my license can i drive my parents car with their insurance?
Is there any way that i can drive by not getting insurance for me....

 Does anybody know any companies that insure under 21 drivers for a temporary period of time??..say..2 weeks?

Additional Details
please try and put forward some company ...

 I purchased a vehicle.?
I need to know if the vehicle has back registration fees to pay....

 Car Insurance Deductible?
If you have $1000K deductible for your car ins and someone hits your car causing $935 in damage.Who's ...

 My friend lets me borrow her car...and it got stolen!?
My friend let me borrow her car for four months since she was out of the country. Which is really nice of her since I didn't even ask. I asked her if she was insured for another person to drive ...

 Drivers Licenes question.?
Does any one know, that in the state of SC, will they suspend your licenes if you quit school. My husbands ex-wife has just signed out his 16 year old daughter out of school. Will they take her ...

 Question about car insurance for young people?
I am nearing the end of my driving lessons and i am seriously thinking about cars.Can someone tell me a list of cars that are cheap to insure for a 17 year old male?Also my Mother told me that when i ...

 Car Accident Help?
I was recently in a bad car accident where a 90 YR. old man totaled my car. The police called a tow company to tow my car to a lot Im 19 so I don't know much about what happens after a car ...

 Car insurance question - Am I to blame?
A skip was parked on my neighbours drive next to mine. The skip driver asked me if I could move my car to allow him to get the skip

I asked the skip driver if it would be wise to ask ...

 Who will help me decide whether to blow my wrecked car up for insurance money?

 Can i cash a check from the insurance company for a car payoff even if my name and the lienholder is on it?

 Will the insurance go up after an accident?
My father-in-law was driving at night and I guess he didn't see the metal curb on the side of the road and he hit it. His front bumper is hanging, one of the lights broken, and front part of the ...

 Has anyone had to take a physical to get a medical examiners certificate for driving truck for a company?
I am taking a physical for this certificate in the state of ohio, and my boss has told me I had to pee in a cup. Does anyone know what they are checking for?...

 Car Insurance ???????????????
if i get on my moms insurance for her car it shuldnt go up that much right?????????...

I was in a car accident, a lady rearended me,my car is totalled,her insurance wont pay bc someone hit her?
I was rearended and the lady that hit me. We did not call the cops..first mistake...bc no one was injured we exchange info. an appraiser came out to look at my car and said it is totalled. So now her insurance is saying they will not pay for anything yet because we have conflicting stories.She is claiming somene hit and runned her. I filed the claim with her insurance the morning of the accident. She called 3 days later to file property damage on her car. (Anything could happen in 3 days) so now we are at a stand still. I dont want to have to get an attorney, but it looks like I may have to. Any other suggestions? OR advice?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Nope. Get an attorney. Sue for pain and suffering too.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

get an attourney, sue both her and her insurance and fight it all the way and consult with your insurance too. Also you can probably still file a police report, the rules vary depending upon your area. If she was in a hit and run there would be both front and rear end damage to her car. Also even if someone hit her she still shouldn't have hit you unless she was either going to fast or following to close. For your car to be totalled the colission had to to be pretty intense.
good luck

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

contact your lawyer.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

If the other lady truly was pushed into your vehicle, then she is just as much a victim as you. You didn't mention if you saw this other vehicle or if there was conversation about the other vehicle while you were exchanging information. I agree it would be odd if she never said anything about it at the scene, but if so, there may be truth to it. An attorney is not going to be able to prove that for you. Your insurance company would as they should attempt to inspect the other woman's vehicle as well to confirm if there is damage to the rear, or at least get photos of it from the other insurance company.

The other woman's insurance company is not agreeing to pay for your damages yet because they have a duty to protect their insured until/unless they can prove she is liable for your damages. That's why it's important you get your insurance involved so they can protect your interests.

BTY, you can't sue her insurance company, you could only sue her. Her insurance company was not driving the vehicle and did not physically cause the accident, they are merely the source of payment for a product (auto insurance) that she purchased to cover her in an auto accident.

Anyone advising you to get an attorney and claim pain and suffering are the type of people who raise everyone else's insurance with fraudulent claims. If you're not really injured (which you said in your post), please do everyone who pays insurance a favor and be honest about it...not that you didn't plan on being honest, but just be careful about the advice you decide to follow.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

I take it you are in UK If you are fully comp. let the insurance worry about it. that is what you pay them for. If not get yourself a lawyer. what I think you will find is that he one who collided with the one who hit your car will ultimately pay for the lot. Do not forget to claim for personal injuries if you were hurt. I do not know what the US system is but I suspect it is not dissimilar to our own with insurance companies responsible only for collecting the premium

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Nate W
Have you talked your insurance company about all of this? They should help you get the money from the other carriers. Before you start hiring lawyers talk them first and see what they can do.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

David W
If the lady really was rearended by another car, there will be damage to the back of her car; is there? If not, it's her fault; if there is, you may have to go under your uninsured motorist. Then your company can try to collect from one of the other drivers. Your company has experience and resources that you don't have, so let them work on it. You'll have to pay your deductible, but if your insurer collects anything, they should reimburse you.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Report the accident to your insurance company and let them handle the claim. They have waaaaay more experience dealing with this type of claim than you do. If your insurer cannot get this resolved then you will have to take this to court.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

have you called your insurance company? if you have collision coverage they will pay for your totaled car minus your deductible and then go after the other lady's insurance company. if you dont have collision coverage you have a problem. also, your company will look at the ladys car to verify the front and rear damages. even if she has rear end damages, they can tell if new or old damages.

the ladys insurance can verify if she was rear-ended 1st or not since she will have both front end and rear end damages. if she does, the ladys company +++may++ be responsible for 50% of your damages, but could deny based on the fact that she was not the proximate cause, but the unknown party who fled the scene.

hopefully you have collision coverage. they can handle and they can fight with the other company so you can move on.

good luck

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

John T
If another car rammed her causing her to go into you then the car which hit her is responsible for the damage to all cars involved.

Was there a 3rd car involved? did you get their details?
Were there any witnesses?

You need to get your insurance to speak to hers and sort this out.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, August 1, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy