Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Insurance quote? Is this right? New driver? Just passed?
Hi, I got a 1994 FORD PROBE 24V BLACK SPORTS 2.5 Engine and I just got a insurance quote for it.

I added my dad as the main driver and then added myself as a named driver and it totals ...

Got a speeding ticket for 70 in a 55 will my insurence go up?
ok my real question is if i pay the fine and go to taffic school will that go against my insurence? i just wanna know if they is ne thing i can do not to raise my insurence because my mom and dad ...

Do both people have to present insurence in a car accident?
the car was parked and my sister hit it does she have to gives us her insurence info?...

Can I get insurance and buy a car using Irish drivers license living in New York?
I will eventually sit the test and get a NY drivers license, but in the meantime can I buy a car and get insurance based on my wholly clean Irish driving licence?...

Car log Book?
So i bought a car 3 weeks ago and found out the plates are wrong (ends in N rather than M), i rang the dealer up but they said in order for them to be changed they need a log book. I dont know what ...

What car insurance would you recommend for a first-time driver college student?
What is most reasonable priced and with the most useful facilities?...

I was hit by a drunk driver...how do i sue for damages?
i was hit by a drunk driver and he totaled my truck..it was his fault..and he was arrested..but i now i am without a vehicle..how do i go about sueing for damages ? i also got injured...my neck is ...

Does anyone have direct line home insurance,if so have you ever telephoned to ask if something was insured?.?
was you asked for your policy number?..I rang and was told my son`s off road bike was covered,now it`s been stolen they say it isn`t covered under the policy. I can`t prove when I rang and was told ...

Can a dealership, like GMAC make a duplicate, or new title on a vehicle that you already have a title for.?
Dad had bought vehicle, he died. He had applied for the credit life(which didn't go through). Someone signed off title and sent to my mom(department of motor vehicle and lawyer, say it's a ...

What is a Leinholder?
On the title it says it has a leinholder, (think we filled out the registration form wrong), but i bought the car without any lease or anything like that. just straight bought it. what is the ...

HELP! Freaking out about car accident tonight!?
Tonight I got into my first car accident ever. I'm a 19 year old male and a 16 year old girl ran a red light while I had green arrows to turn left and I slammed on my brakes, but ended up ...

Car Insurance for Teenage Boy?
I'm looking at cars and wondering what the average car insurance for a 16 year old boy is. I know mustangs and sports cars are higher, but how much higher than a truck. And does insurance go ...

Stolen car? insurance question?
My car was stolen, and driven to excess, in that there is now a knocking sound coming from the engine, that wasn't occuring before. I think it has been rallied about at excessive speeds.
<...

Dose my car Insurance provider have to fix my car to?
I recently had a claim made against me, and my insurance provider has paid out to the people claiming. Iv'e lost my no claims and my car is still dented. The problem i am having now is that they ...

Whose responsible to pay for the auto accident?
Its a long story but here it goes. i went down to the ford dealership on 6/14/2007 and they sold me a 2007 ford focus about a 2 weeks later they called me up and said that i needed to come in and ...

Can't afford no health insurence?
and am feeling very ill for the last week, I have not been to wark and I might be fired. what sould I do....

Should I wait until I am 21 to buy a car?
I am 20 right now, I am planning to buy a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Should I wait until I am 21 to buy a car? Does it help when I get a finance, and insurance?...

My friend owes me some money, he gave me his car title.?
Its not like he gave me his car, what can i do with his car title? How will having his car title get my money back? Cant he just get a new car title?...

Using an International licence In London.?
I live London, is it possible to use an International licence here. And how do you get it registered, how can I do ...

I just got my license back after losing it for speeding... who can i get to insure my car??? no one will?
i was previously insured through RAA but now they wont insure me coz my license was disqualified for speeding

they reffered me to another place but then i will be paying $120 a month an ...

amandaaquilina
I had a car accident and I'm liable for the damages.?
But the other driver went and repaired her car without supplying me with the quote or letting me get a quote. Am I liable to pay for this?
Additional Details
But the other driver went and repaired her car without supplying me with the quote or letting me get a quote. I do not have any insurance. Am I liable to pay for this?

Show all answers
Post your answer

CwboyBill
You are 100% liable for the other person's damages. He/she, in turn, is obligated to provide you with an estimate of repair costs PRIOR to vehicle repairs. If the insurer of the person you hit paid the claim then you should be OK to reinburse them for the costs. If he/she did it on their own then this could get real messy. How do you know if the estimate is correct? etc, etc.
You may have to have a judge decide the outcome.
Dang...THIS is why insurance is necessary....it doesn't cost, it PAYS!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Todd C
First, no one needs to supply 3 estimates for repairs. There are even a few states that have laws against this demand.

Second, no fault almost always applies to _injuries_, not property damage (Michigan is the only state I know of where this does not apply).

Lastly, yes you are liable for the repairs. While the person has the responsiblity to prove their loss, the esimate (performed by a non-bias third party) would certainlly qualify as proof of the loss. About your only recourse is to submit the person's estimate/repair bill to another 3rd party who is qualified to repair vehicles and see of they could have done the work for less. It's doubtful that the other person would except the lesser payment but their recourse would be to file in small claims court.

I don't know of any state that does not require liability insurance on a vehicle. You were driving without insurance? Do you really want to press this issue?

loving30
Rating
yes, you are.

i agree that it probably wasn't right of her to go out and get her car fixed without getting several quotes, but on the flipside, if she needed to get her car back on the road fast, then she took the most sensible option for her circumstances.

put yourself in her shoes - she can either sort it out quickly and hit you up for the costs, or mess around trying to get quotes and dealing with this through you when she may not have the time or availability to do that. it could be a big inconvenience to her, when she didn't cause the damages in the first place.

at the end of the day, if you caused the damages, you are liable for the cost of repairs, regardless of who pays for the damage repairs initially.

Tony
Why don't you notify your insurance. You shouldn't pay until your insurance tells you hopefully they will just tell you to pay a portion. If you didn't have insurance is another story.

onemocc
Rating
if the other person repaired the car then where's the evidence that an accident actually did happen? maybe it was figment of their imagination?? were the police called? is there any proof that you actually hit this person?

git r done
she has got to give you 3 quotes,then you pick one,she can't make you pay any other way.

L.G.
Rating
You need to notify your insurance company, providing them with copies of the accident report, etc. It's their job to deal with the other party to the accident. Liability will hinge on who was responsible for the accident - and to wat degree - and whether or not your state is a "no fault" state. You should be in close contact with your insurance agent as you attempt to get a fair settlement offer from the insurance company. It's up to the insurance company to go after the other person's insurance carrier for reimbursement of that person's liability.

Jifr
Hiya:

yes - you are liable for the damages.

Are you liable for the amount they paid to have the damages repaired?

Depends.

Let's say you damaged a door and that door had to be repaired and painted.....but they went out and got the ENTIRE car painted. That one is pretty simple. No - you don't owe to have the entire car painted.

Can they have the entire car painted? Yep - but you only owe to paint the door. Capeche?

Hopefully you have a picture of the damages and can prove what you owe.

Goodluck!

~jifr!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy