Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

What to do when someone hits ur car and u dunno who?
What do you do when someone hits your car while u were parked and you come back and find the damage including debris from the other guy's car. I know theres not much I can do but hopefully ...

Stolen driving license?
I have had my driving license , both paper and photocard stolen form my car. WIll it still be £19 to replace them?
T...

Why exactly do women pay lower insurance rates than men ?
http://www.youtube.com/w Details
http://www.youtube.com/w...

I want to get my driving licence?
But I think I will fail the test and that passed the theory and got to pass practical by June 2010 but i dont fancy my chances....

Ive lost my theory test certificate for dvla can i still take my practical driving test without it?

Do I have to pass MOT every year or they have already changed to every 2 years?
what happens if I don't have mot for about a week ?...

How much money am I facing, I hit a car without insurance?
I was switching lanes in my friend's car and didn't see another car coming towards me. She side swiped me as I was pulling out and the side of her car was dented. When the police came they ...

Is the car legally mine?????
my mom bought me a car, i signed the bill of sale and got the title tranfered to my name and took the car to my house. Shes trying to take it back now. She's saying shes gonna call the cops, is ...

What information can the police find from a license plate?
My boyfriend has stickers on the plate that appear to be current, but actually is not. Will the cops be able to tell from running the plate. (bear in mind the car is in NY but registered in KY)...

In a recent hailstorm my car windshield was cracked and needs to be replaced. Will my insurance premium go up?
I have full coverage on my car and I would like to repair the crack, but I'm worried that my premium will go up. Does anyone have any experience with this?...

My friends son was in an auto accident and she is the co-signer, I have a few question?
He lost his insurance, his license is revoked. They live in AZ. The accident was a hit and run.
She co signed the loan and the title says her name and his name.
My question is this. Can she ...

Does your insurance premium go up on a misdemeanor DUI?

I'm 17, if my parents bought me a car, could i have it put in my name and they won't be responsible?
I'm looking at getting a 95 mustang gt but my parents think that if i hurt somebody, they can end up getting sued and losing the house. To prevent that from happening, they'll allow me to ...

How long do i have to have my license before i can teach my girlfriend?
my girlfriend has a provisional license and has asked me if i can add her into my insurance and teach her how to drive, the only problem is i dont no how long i have to have had my license for does ...

Can they sue me?
if i was involved in a car accident and they said i was at fault, can the other party sue me personally? cuz i thought that was why u have insurance? isnt the insurance company supposed to deal with ...

If you have a suspended license in one state can you get a license in a different state?

Do i have to be added to my parents car insurance? They have progressive?
i am 16 just got my ...

Do US auto insurers penalize uninsured motorists?
I'm turning 25 at the end of August, and my insurer has told me they are canceling my current policy on 8/27 if I do not pay today. That's fine with me, because my premium is so high right ...

I had 6 points in my first 2 years of driving do them points get taken off now i passed my test again?
I had 6 points in the first 2 years of driving and my licence was revoked. Now i have passed my test again do the points stay on the licence or will they be kept on there?...

How do you insure a used car from a private party on the way home?
If i buy a used car from a private party a few hundred miles from me how do i legally drive the car back to be registered in my state of PA. I called insurance company and they said they cant give me ...

Rummie
I got into a car accident last week and the guy threatened me and wanted to fight me right after we both?
got out of the car is it neccesary for the cops or insurance to know that he threatned me?

because i havent said anything?
by the way im 17 and hes about twenty something gangster type of person...

Show all answers
Post your answer

r52927
Rating
Typically the insurance company doesn't care. You can report it to the police and they can ask the other driver about. But more than likely the other driver will either deny it or state that you were the one out of control. Either way, unless you want to proceed with a threat report, it won't do much in the way of the accident itself.

If you've already made the report then I wouldn't worry about it. If the other driver begins to harass you(they'll have your information from the accident report) then you should report it to the police.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

vtecpakiness
so when u got in a accident did u get his insurance or contact info? please tell me u did, u need to go to the cops and tell him he threatned u man i would have knocked his wankster *** out for u if u was der... at least you got his license plate number right? report his ***

s_shiromani
Rating
First, how did you judge that the other person was a 'about twenty something gangster type of person...'? Just by his looks or the words spoken in the heat of the moment? If these were to decide about the personality of a person, then that 'twenty something gangster...' could have branded YOU as a 'spoiled teenage brat'?

Look, when there is an accident, the parties involved always try to put blame on others. Didn't you put the blame on him yourself? In cases of road accidents a road rage is inevitable but that doesn't mean that anyone who shows anger or uses angry word is a rogue or gangster.

I am NOT trying to be judgemental in your case but only trying to show that an attitude similar to the one you are showing (through your question) will NOT solve the problem but will aggravate it further. This is true in all case involving disputes.

I am also NOT trying to say that you cower down and submit without protest if you feel you were NOT wrong. But calling police right away may not help matters. Don't forget the other party will also have something to say against you.

Best thing in such cases would be to coolly think and see who is at fault primarily. If you honestly think YOU are the one at fault accept your mistake and exchange insurance papers.

Even if you are NOT at fault it is better to maintain calm and not to aggravate the situation unnecessarily. Depending on the severety of the accident the cops would be involved any way and the truth would be found out by them and the insurers.

Remember, you being a minor will NOT give you any significant immunity by law, rather in road accident cases you might be held responsible for the accident prima facie since most road accidents involve teenagers/minors.

However, when you all leave the scene of accident and he threatens you on your phone or stalks you or visits your residence to threaten you then you must call cops and lodge complaint.

I hope you will see my point.

Scott H
Some big tough guy picking on a teenager? That's assault and he could have been arrested. He does have your personal information....maybe just keep it to yourself if he didn't touch you. If he hassles you or threatens you again, call the cops.

Lalana
I can understand why you wanted to get away from the situation as soon as possible. That's scary. Call the police and file a report. You just never know what is going to happen. Sorry you had an accident, but I wouldn't want this guy coming back on you.

blackscorpion34
Rating
Yes, because you are still a minor. Especially if he threatened your life!!! The cops should be involved. Ask them about the insurance company.

John H
You should have reported this at the scene of the accident. It is important to report this kind of situation to prevent it from happening again. This is a crime and in some cases can lead to violence.

bundysmom
You can mention it to your insurance, however this has no bearing on whether you or he is at fault....the law states actions after an event have no bearing on fault for the event itself.

As for the cops, you may want to, especially if he has your info and knows where you live.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, December 18, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy