Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

My brother is over 18 does he have to get insurance immediately in the situation oulined below?
My brother needs to start driving. Will he have to get insurance if he gets a permit. Can he drive under my moms policy with a permit or a license or will a new policy be needed. And also if he will ...

I crashed my pickup last night. Whats the first thing I should do now?
I was out in the country and called a friend to come and get me. The sherrifs dept came to my house and made out a report. I said I wasnt injured, but this morning I am wondering if it wouldnt be ...

If your car is written off after an accident does your insurance premium go up immediately?
Our car crashed on Sunday and we've just been told it will be written off. We're hoping to get a new car but will the premium go up with immediate effect or whem it is due for renewal?...

How much will insurance cost for a 16 year old male driving an expensive car?
I turned 16 in January. I have 35 grand to put down on a car, I'm planning on buying the 2010 Camaro SS v8 coupe. It cost around 29,000.

I'm just curious, how much approx will it ...

My driver's license was stolen...what do I do?
I live in Texas and this weekend my purse was stolen that had my driver's license in it. Can the person who stole it use it against me? and how do I go about getting a new one? And do I need to ...

When is a car considered a write-off?

How does my brother hitting someone in my car affect my driving record?
My brother hit someone in my car yesterday. Neither of the cars were severely damaged. Does it go on my driving record that i have had an accident. How will this attect my driving record, and car ...

I renewed my car insurance policy, with a new car, but they are insuring both my old and new car, what to do?
My car insurance company is insuring 2 cars even though they were informed that my previous vehicle was taken off the road, they even have it documented that my I switched my previous vehicles plates ...

Should aliens be permit ed to drive with no insurance license?
Oh so mainy.accident and they move on....

Id of vin numbers on motor vehicles?

I am required to appear in court for parking ina handicpp space. Is it possible/legit to plead not guilty???

How do you go about getting disable car tax disc?
i am a disable person and i wood like to now what i have to do to get disable car tax ...

I don't have insurance and hit an insured driver, rental car what happens?
I am an uninsured driver and rear ended somebody. She is insured and I am not. There are very minimal damages, where nobody was hurt, but I am just wondering what will happen? I am 21 with a license, ...

If an excluded driver drives my car and hits another car, how can i still get my insurance to pay damages?

Additional Details
the person that drove my car did not have permission to drive....

Do you need car insurance to get drivers license in Texas?
I'll give the "BEST ANSWER" award to the person who knows what they're talking about and not just guessing at things.
Additional Details
I ask this because I want to ...

If i get myself insured comprehensively on a cheapy car will i be able to drive my parents BMW/MERC?
are there any other ways of me avoiding paying high insurance in order to drive relatively expensive/fast cars?
Additional Details
im just going to accept defeat and buy a 1 litre corsa. ...

Is a novice driver the same thing as a young driver ?
If not then what is a novice driver?...

Mot failure??
ok so i had my mot test today and obviously by the title of this question it failed. my question is what can i do if i think the guy who did the mot did something dodgy.
i mean he has failed me ...

Does hgv driving pay well and is it worth paying to go on a course?

Cheap uk car insurance for a learner driver ? any good companies ??
question for pps in uk my husband just bought a little fiat punto got a provisional licence and wants 2 learn to drive in it we new to all this any idea what kind of cover he needs and any good not 2 ...

maxton
I am moving to a Texas from another state? Do I need to change my auto registration soon?
I will have an apartment in Texas. I will still have a home residence for six months in the other state. The current registration is good unitl June, 2007 for my auto. Can I just wait till this registration expires before I renew in Texas?

Show all answers
Post your answer

♫♪♥mï®♥♫♪
Texas will prob. give you a time limit to get it transferred to Texas. In Alabama the new resident is given 30 days or until current tag expires (which ever comes first). Check with the DMV so you have no trouble.

Here so links to the Texas DMV. Hope that it is helpful.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

wofat
Most states have a time requirement, but it looks like Texas just asks that you do it to save them money....Note the link.

However, if you change the registration, and change your auto insurance, the rates where you're living in Texas could be cheaper than where you live now.

dodge man
Rating
you might get away with it,,i did when i moved back to Tennessee from Michigan but it will depend on the rules of the state,,also the officer,s there,,whether or not they actually pull you over and check it,,i think you will be OK on that one though,,especially since you still will have a residence ,,at the other place,,hope this help,s.

oklatom
In the state of Texas you have 30 days to change over your vehicle upon becomming a resident. "Resident" means you live there. The first time you are stopped you might get away with it by claiming to be a visitor. It won't work the second time.

Alois O
I believe new residents to Texas must register there cars within 30 days of arriving. However, I'm sure many people fail to do so and if they are caught they either lie about how long they've been here or simply plead ignorance. Good Luck!

soll910
Rating
i beleive here you are required to change address even on your drivers license! but no one ever does it . so until you have to show up at court or something.???

ezlndylan
I moved from California to Texas last July. My CA tags were good through February. I didn't replace them until then. Kept my California Driver's License too.

I was stopped once at a Dallas PD checkpoint where they were searching for expired registration/inspection stickers. The officer asked if I was from out of state. I replied that I was. He waved me through without another question.

So my answer to you would be yes, you can. It's probably doesn't follow the letter of the law, but my experience was that it wasn't a huge deal.

supergirl331117
u have 2 change it. u have 2 weeks to do so.

nonomadfornow
Rating
for this you will need to check with the locak ordinances. Most states require that upon residency that you have anywhere from 30-90 days to register your vehicle in that state. To make sure though call your local licensing agency for more info.

daango26
Rating
Of course you can wait; however, if you get pulled over while having the other states registration you can actually get ticketed and fined. Legally, you're given a number of days (Normally 30-60 days after re-locating) in which you have to register your automobile in the new state.

Melanie
You have 30 days to change everything, including your driver's license. I just moved to Texas a year ago, and it was the biggest hassle ever!!! My driver's license was expired by two days (I was unable to get to the DPS on time due to work and was turned away b/c of the extremely long wait time in line) and I had to retake the driver's test and schedule appointments which are hard to get and everything!!! It was easily the biggest problem I've had since I moved here-worse than finding a job and a place to live. My advice is to start early!!! The upside is that it wasn't very expensive to do.

ladysodivine
I think that would be appropriate.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy