Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Drivers permit question?
I had a suspension on my licenses but now I can finally get my drivers permit. Do you have to take the driving test when you go for your permit? What do you do exactly?
Additional Details<...

Can you help me with my car insurance?
I will have been driving for a year on the 30th of this month but my car insurance is due mid month as i was insured originally for my provisional. While trying to get quotes the websites have been ...

Do you really need to study for a learner's permit?
My brother said you don't need to study, but i'm not sure. For those who have taken it, do you really need to?...

I backed into a car coming out of parking. Who's fault is it?

How much does it estimately cost for a car insurance?
Please don't give any stupid answers.

All I want is to get an estimate because I have not got ANY ANY clue about it.
You can just give a range like £100-£200 pounds per [unit ...

What do i do when i hit a car and i have no insurance or money to pay the damages?
I hit the fender and now the other driver says the door wont open. I have no insurance and i am not working . What will happen to me if i can't pay?...

What does the "D" at the beginning of every U.S. driver's license number stand for?

Additional Details
OK, so not every license has this. I just assumed because I had heard that licenses in other states besides mine (California) have it. But for those that have it, ...

Driving test pleeeasssseee help?
I asked a question about people passing their test first time and i got one answer that really interested me but also got me worried it said that i was to make sure to book my test in for the ...

In which country can u obtain a full driving licence without taking a test( buy one from the post office)?

How would I answer to "Have you every had an accident" to insurance companies?
I had an accident last week and it was my fault. I am in Florda and since I elected to take an divining course, it would not go to my record. My current insurance company knows about the accident. ...

What car has the CHEAPEST car insurance for a 16 yr old?
What car? make? model? yr? Insurance company?...

Why is the UK so soft on Crime?Drive a Stolen car, No licence NO insurance,and get 200hrs com serv!and 6pts..?
we should lock up the low life scum at point of the crime...build more hard time Prisons.....If some of the people want the USA way?? i say YES YES!!....we are a PC correct WRONG Country....what you ...

Hit and Run?
A friend of mine, let's call him Joe, got into a car accident today. A guy was driving about a foot behind him, and Joe slammed on the breaks - just to scare him. Of course, the guy behind him ...

Can someone explain to me....?
when I take out insurance on my car and they ask the value of the car. is this the price I paid or what its worth today? Say I value it for 6k does that me i would get 6k if the car was stolen or ...

Banned Driver - Cheap Insurance ????
hiya please can you help me i no i have done wrong so i dont need any comments about how i shouldnt be back on the road - i am willing to learn from mistakes !!!!
does any1 no the cheapest car ...

I order an adult pay-per-view by accident?
I order an adult pay-per-view by accident, i was watching a preview and somehow i bought it and i know it comes out in the bill, i don't want my parents to find out so what should i do?
A...

Can't believe I'd have to pay?
I have a very large driveway. My neighbour (and best friend) had a b-day party for her child. Her sister parked in my driveway without me knowing. I pulled out of my garage and backed into her. She ...

What if someone hits my car & says she does not have her car insurance policy with her?
She rear-ended me when we were stopped at a red light. She said she's covered under her Father's policy, but she didn't have the policy info in her car. She didn't give me her ...

UK Let someone drive my mums car and they had no license or insurance.?
I am insured on my mums car as a second driver. I let my friend drive the car back in january 2007 after him telling me he had insurance and a license but it turned out he lied to me and he didnt ...

Web site for car insurance which searches all different companys for you?

Cool Chica
How do you get your driver's permit when you're homeschooled?
I live in North Carolina,and I turned 15 last month.

Show all answers
Post your answer

amy
Rating
I'm not sure about NC but in WA you can get your permit when you are 15 if you are enrolled in driver's ed, or when youre 15 1/2 if you just go down to the DMV and take a written test (its pretty hard) but then if you take the test to get it you dont have to take it to get your license. Look in your phone book for driver's ed locations near you. I've heard some schools offer it, but nowhere around my house did so i just went to a commercial driver's ed place.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Ethan M
nothing more different than regular schools do it

Layla
Rating
Go to the DMV and take the written test. Take an online prep session online before to help you.

♥ Shortie ♥
there r local drivers ed classes u can sign up 4 too they dont just go through the schools

George A
Rating
Getting the permit is the same process. The only difference for you may be your parents may have an additional form to fill out proving that you are home schooled & not a drop out since you will not be registered in any schools & now most states have attendance & grade requirements to get or keep your license.

How you take the mandatory Driver's Ed course is what will be different for you if the public schools in your district offer D.E as an elective class.

In your case, your parents will probably have to enroll you in a state certified driving school that they will have to pay for themselves.

Soul to Squeeze
go to the dmv and take the test but i think you need to wait until your 16 or whatever is the age requirement for that state

azn_ryan
Rating
Cant you just take the class online.

What does being home schooled have to do with it.

josh j
just go to the dmv

JESSICA
If your homeschooled, your parents will teach you, and then take you to a local driving test,

greengo
Get an affadavit from your "umbrella" or oversight committee, and bring it in as proof that you are not a dropout. At least that is how it works in Maryland. Call your DMV to double check what kind of documents they need in your state.

ravenjudge
Rating
call the dmv; but you should be able to get an affidavit that you're being home schooled and not a dropout, and your parents will get to teach driver's ed too!

MinahBird
Rating
You will need to take a state-approved course and pass it, and have a Driver's Eligibility Certificate from the chief administrator of the home school in which you are enrolled.

Assuming you are of legal age, you must take in two forms of ID (like a birth certificate), with your DEC and proof you passed your course, to the DMV to take the written, sign and vision tests.

Good luck!

Cassandra (ILY Vince)
Rating
Same way as you would normally i would think??
I live in Canada though so i might be wrong.
go to an insurance place and ask.
It shouldnt matter if your homeschooled?

Daniel M
Rating
I was homeschooled all my life, and I got a learners permit first. You go and get a book from the DMV (don't know if it's called that there), then when you memorize all the rules, you go take a written test and are issued a learners permit, which allows you to drive a car as long as an adult with a license is present. Then in a couple of months after you have driven a certain amount of miles, you can go and take a actual driving test and then you will be issued your license if you pass. You can fail and re take the test several times.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy