Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

I was in an accident this weekend with my friend and my neck and back are starting to hurt, question?
This past weekend I was in an accident with a friend. She hit someone from behind while driving and swerved to the side and pulled over so we can you know get all the insurance info and check if they ...

What is the best way to get the name of the registered owner of a vehicle with license plate?
Alberta DMV will not give out the information....

I have had a full car licence, for 22years, and i am thinking of getting a 90cc bike.do i need L plates?
i want to carry my wife as a pillion passenger, and i want to know the quickest way to obtain a FULL bike license....

Private test drive (UK) - how does insurance work?
I'm intending to test drive a car in the near future which is group 19 insurance (privately, not from a garage). I'm 21 and currently insured 3rd party fire and theft on my current car. the ...

No insurance, registration expiring?
So I need to register my car this month, but I dont have insurance anymore. Things got tough and it was either rent or car insurance, I choose to have a roof over my head instead. I cant afford to ...

How do make a claim against my car insurance for injuries?
i was involved in accident yesterday, the result being injuries to myself. no other cars were involved. how do i go about making a claim for the injuries against my own insurance policy?
A...

Where should I drive alone to first once I get my license?
I have my road test in 5 days and I was wondering where I should drive off to. Should I stop at Best Buy and pick up some blank CD's and burn some for my car? Should I go to Wendy's and ...

My moped was stolen inside my house. Should my rental insurance pay for it?

I am 17 and have had my license for a year with a perfect record, will my insurance rates decrease?
Just wondering....
Additional Details
So the fact that my 50 year old mom has been in more accidents in a year than I have means nothing?...

IS IT ILLEGAL TO DRIVE SOMEBODYS INSURED CAR IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE INSURANCE?
I was driving my friends car and he was in the car with me and I was driving it for fun. If I were to be pulled over, snice i am not under the insurance of that car, do i get fined??
Also, I ...

CAR ACCIDENT question ?
Yesterday, a car rear ended me and my brother at a stop sign. We went to the minor injury clinic and the doctor said we just suffered from whiplash. Our backs, shoulders, necks, hurt. My car's ...

Car Insurance "no claims" problem?
Can u help? My wife has had motor policies for 3 full years come 18/8/07. But, had a bump, her fault, in Feb this year. Is there any UK insurance company you know of that will give her one year'...

If my Parents have full coverage car insurance do i need insurance?
I just got my Licenses and Im using my Parents car They have full coverage.So anyone that drives the car is insured.Do i need to get insurance?I plan on getting my own Car in another year or so.I do ...

After an accident, I found out my INS, CO cancelled my policy as of the 4/30. I dont recall a notice. Advice?
I rear ended someone who slammed there brakes on.
I ALWAYS MAKE MY PAYMENTS. This one time its possible we forgot due to health issues. So, we are 7 days from the cancellatrion date ot the 30th. ...

Do you think its fair that guys have to pay more for car insurance than girls??

Car Hit & Run - United Kingdom?
my car was hit this AM and the driver just drove off, i did not get the registration as i was in the house as it was parked on the road outside my door.

the car behind the one that hit me ...

Ok i was in couple car accidents in the past month and now another one.?
When the appraiser comes again from a totally different insurance carrier,will he ask me if these damages were from any previous accidents.will he know?...

Is pass plus worth it?
Im 17, passed my test a few months ago. Just wondered if its worth doing pass plus. How much will I save on insurance, on my mums policy or on my own....

Can you rent a car if you're only 19?
I understand that usually you would need to be 21 or 25 or something to rent a car, but is it possible to rent one if you're younger? Also it's for my sister and she only has a provisional ...

How long did it take you to pass your driving test?
are what country are you from?
Additional Details
how long did it take you to learn?

I had meant not how long did it take you ON your driving ...

Aj K
How do I get a car title for a car that doesn't have one?
I am interested in getting a new car which doesn't have the title because someone left it in my friends driveway for the past 2 years and never came back for it. Is there a way to do this or is it just impossible?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Jamie F
You need to go to get a "bonded title". Depends on your state, but look at the following link:

http://www.lawrenceautotitle.com/FAQ1.htm

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Kizzy
Property owners can submit a lien on the vehicle through DMV. Yet each state is different, check with your DMV. They can run a print out of the last registered owner. This will also let you know if the vehicle has a salvaged title or not.

Ragenrat
THE PERSON WHO'S PROPERTY ITS ON NEEDS TO APPLY FOR A TITLE AT THERE LOCAL STATE DMV
DEPT OF MOTOR VEHICLES.

LOTS OF REPAIR SHOPS HAVE TO DO THIS WHEN FOLK'S HAVE REPAIRS DONE THEN CAN'T PAY FOR THEM AND JUST LEAVE THE CAR.
THIS WAY THEY GET THERE MONEY BACK BY SELLING THE CAR OR TRUCK

GOOD LUCK

thatguy
Your state should have a Department of Motor Vehicles website. Start researching there or call a local office. The answer varies depending on your state.

entidtil
You will need the title. You cannot just take someone Else's car. There may be a procedure for getting the car considered abandoned but it may well be more trouble doing that than the car is worth

flipcide
Rating
you can either file for a bonded title at the vehicle registration office or have your freind file a mechanics lein on the vehicle for being left on thier property and get you title that way.

Gerald
Call the police -- this is not a free car --- guarentee that someone is looking for that car... It could be stolen...

oklatom
You can't. Your friend might be able to since it is abandoned on his or her property. Various states have various rules, but generally you have to find out the owner, write them a letter and send it certified to come get the car of you will start storage charges, and then get title in lieu of storage charges.

Call the closest tow company and ask what the rules are, they will know.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy