Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

If there is a bench warrant for a driving w/ revoked liscense for a person?
and that person moves to another city within same town . . .will people still come around trying to get him on the warrant . . or once he moves to other town they will leave him alone and not bother ...

How can i purchase a vehicle, obtain plates and get insurance if i do not have a license?

My NYS Inspection Sticker Says "February" Do I have until the End of February to get it inspected or does.....
My NYS Inspection Sticker Says "February" Do I have until the End of February to get it inspected or does it Expire February 1st?

Thanks in ...

My car just got hit???
My car just got hit and i have contacted my insurance. the person who hit me told the insurance ppl tht it wuz my fault tht my own car got hit!! the person gave me their insurance number but theytold ...

I am in need of some auto advice.?
Some crazy soccor mom came flying down the street and hit my car as I was pulling out of my parking spot. Her insurance company has decided it is my fault and my insuance company wont talk to them. I ...

What are the only states in America that require license plates displayed in the front and rear of a vehicle?

Trace a car number plate?
Does anyone know if it is possible for me to trace a car number plate ?, get an owners name and address ?, my partners car was hit and they drove off, police said they cant do anything as no witness, ...

What does the DVLA do with the extra £80 transfer fee for personalised plates?

I was in an accident in illinois with no insurance- what will happen?
i was just in an accident in the state of illinois driving my moms car. the accident was my fault. i went to change lanes and the sun blinded me and i did not see the car beside me. minor damage ...

How am I at fault in wreck?
A car in front of me stop I got stop the car behind me hit me causing me to hit the one in front I got a ticket along with the car behind me.
Additional Details
OK I stop but the lady in ...

Car Insurance??? male and female?
ok, well after getting a quote for myself, then another one for me if i was a women, the difference was £1000. So here are a few things I would like to know, or where i might be able to find the ...

Can I cancel my car insurance anytime?
I took out car insurance with the RAC in October and I choose to pay in 2 installments of £300, paid the first there and then and the next install is due to be taken on the 14th of April 2009 can I ...

Can a friend drive my car without me paying for additional insurance coverage?

Could the car dealer be liable if I hit another car when I have'nt bought the one I'm driving yet?
My husband and I wish to buy a truck; the dealer let us take the truck home (we traded in our old car, which the dealer has). The paperwork for the truck wasn't done at the time. I was ...

What happens if you have an accident without insurance in the uk?

I had no mot tax or insurance ?
I was riding my bike home from a mot testing station where my bike had failed. with no tax, mot or insurance, what sort of sentence should i expect. 1st time offence, other than a speeding fine 5 ...

Car Insurance for teens.?
What car insurance will give a 15 year old car insurance for a sports car?
Additional Details
I am 15 with my learners. Is there any car insurance that will give me insurance for a ...

What make and model is the cheapest car to get insurance on?
what make and model is the cheapest car to get insurance on?
for a 22year old ...

Im not a grass, but what would you do?
my mates ride's a motorpeds, she not insure, and every one told her not to ride it, its makes me mad as ppl like us who pay our insurance, them their pp like my mate who dose not, her family ...

Totaled car, with a lien, need money what to do?
I got in a car accident that wasn't my fault. I was driving my car that i was purchasing from my brother and hadnt transferd the title to my name yet. My dad cosigned with my brother on the car ...

andy f
Hi,can i insure my daughters car in my name, even though the car is registered in her name?
she is only eighteen, and it can be quite expensive for her.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Brown Pit named Blue
No, because if something ever happens to her car and it is totaled, the insurance company will need you to send them the title and it better have your name on it, or you have committed insurance fraud.

Some people get away with it until something happens.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Randy
You are better of comparing different insurance companies to get the best rate. You can check out
http://compare-car-insurance-rates.mobi if you want

Nate W
Rating
You can add her and her car to your policy if she is still apart of your household and/or lives in your home.
You have to have all owners as named insured drivers on the policy. So you cannot add the car but not her to your policy; it has to be both.

stickadiddle
Rating
My daughter has a car and we were in exactly the same position.
All we did was for her to insure it in her name with me as a second driver and this brought the payment right down.

MiZz RuBy
Rating
yep! when i first got my car my dad was the main person insured and i was added on! cheaper!

Merovingian
You can insure the car in your name with your daughter as a named driver. While this may get her on the road, its a short term fix. You surely must know that she should be trying to build up a no claims bonus ASAP.
Insure the car for the first year, giving her time to gain some practical experience. After that, she should insure the car herself. ( a little financial help is a fathers perogative )

WelshLad
Best read this article before you do it:
http://www.localbroker.co.uk/news/car_insurance_fronting.asp

It's known as "fronting".

Dennis - 1
Your problem would be that if you daughter or you was to make a claim and the insurance company decided to investigate the claim and they discovered that you daughter is actually the main driver they could reject the claim as fraudulent.

michael h
Yes you can. However you must add your daughter as a named driver and read the small print - some companies will ask who is the principle/main driver. If there was ever a claim you very rarely use it, then it could present a problem.

David W
Rating
WelshLad gave you the best advice, by far; the insurance companies know what you're trying to do, and they're ahead of you. Just bite the bullet and pay the extra instead of trying potential insurance fraud.

* ~ Ai Aimi ~ *
I know exactly what you mean - I'm 28 and the insurance in my name is still so high!!

The car I drive is registered in my name, and the insurance is in my mums.

A lot of insurance companies know what it's like, and they do allow you to insure the car in your name rather than your daughters. Just keep checking!!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, September 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy