Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Driving Yielding Question?
I have been searching online for over an hour now. I have been claimed as the driver at fault in a minor fender bender. I came to a 4-way intersection and stopped at a stop sign. I was turning ...

Is there a site where I can enter a car tag and find who owns car?

Your brother has ruined your expensive car, which he borrowed without asking. what would you say?

Oregon permit driving test.?
Im studying for the test, and im about half way through the manual.
And I know all tests are different, but what are the main subjects you think I should pay attention to.
And was it hard?...

In a car wreck, is it my fault?
So I was taking my brother to his baseball game and was doing 55 in a 55. A car pulls out in front of me and starts doing 25 in the 55. I put on my blinker and go to pass. As soon as I am even with ...

Is it a coincidence that my state ID and driver's license expire on the same day?
I noticed that today... I got them at different times [different years even], but they both expire on the same day, exactly 3 months after my 21st birthday. Did they do that on purpose, or is it just ...

How old do you have to be to drive a rs50 in maryland?
I am 14 and i would appriciate your help:D...

How much will insurance on a '99 Jeep Cherokee be?.?
I have a 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport with 105,000 miles and I need to get insurance on it, We have AAA How much do you think it will cost?...

Car insurance question?
I ordered a 2010 Chevy Camaro. I'm 18, have a job and have a big down payment. The only problem is that I will need to finance the other half, and I barely have credit because of my age.
<...

Who should be at fault?
so i was driving down a two way street and in the mornings one side of the street (the street that i was on) is used as a two car street (which is against the law), i was in the second "made up&...

How much is insurance on an Auston Martin Vanquish?
Just wondering how much the insurance would be on a Vanquish, and if there are any additional costs I would need to pay for other than insurance....

I have a full UK driving license and i am 17. Can i drive in california in USA when i go on holiday?

Auto Insurance Claim - Full Coverage?
Last week I got in an auto accident, not my fault at all. It has already been determined that my insurance will cover the repairs, minus the $500 deductible which I can get from the other person'...

Extended Warranties Good Or Bad?
Are these things legit? and have any of you guys had any bad experiences with any of these companies? I keep seeing one on TV called ( USA Fidelis ) is this one legit? or should I just get one thru ...

Ive just bought a micra e and i have only had my licence for 2 weeks,?
does any1 know a cheap insurer in the uk ? i am 20 years old and my car is a 2003 micra e my cheapest so far is 1000 fully comp with 500 voluntary excess.......

thankyou ...

Why pay for a tv licence?
very rarely watch bbc programming ,or listen to bbc radio.every other chanel has to use advertising to pay for its broadcasts.the bbc already spend millions of pounds already in advertising,promoting ...

What is the best way to insure a car when you own moe than one?
I own one car and insure it through Esure. However, I'm purchasing a new car and keeping my old one. I need to insure me new car but how do I go about this because they will ask for proof of by ...

Rear-ended a city bus is that different then hitting a regular vehicle?
So the very day i get auto insurance and my first day ever driving I rear end a city bus when i accidently pressed the gas and not the brake. I called my insurance company as soon as i could get to a ...

Car accident story and questions. I need help please.?
I just got in my first minor fender bender today. I was taking back roads in my town. I pulled up to a 4-way and signaled to turn. The street I was turning on was narrow and downhill. Cars were ...

What do I have to do to get my permit?
I'm 15 right now and I'm pretty sure you have to be 15 and a half but I was just wondering what I have to do.

P.S. I live in C...

send2alex18
Got ticket for not having front license plate.?
I lived here in Chicago all of my life. I was recently issued a parking ticket for not having my front license plate. And the price was $50! My car {04 Nissan Maxima} has no holes in the front to put my plate. So how does this work? Should I contest this ticket and not pay for it? Or is this perfectly ilegal?

Show all answers
Post your answer

j k
I would look into that more before paying it. Strangely I live in NJ but my car came from Illinois and it did not have holes for a front license plate as I was told in Illinois you don't need a front license plate but in NJ you do. You can create the holes to put it on it just seems weird that this has never happened before and now you're getting a ticket. See if the law changed and if there's any kind of grace period or not that gives everyone time to change the plates. Very strange though.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

PJ
Rating
In Washington state you must have a front license plate. If you got a ticket I assume that you must in IL also. Did you buy the car brand new? Could this be an aftermarket bumper?

I would probably pay the fine and figure out how to mount a plate on the front.

In some instances things are grandfathered in. If you have an older car that was not made with seat belts then you do not have to install or wear them in that car. I have a 68 Chevelle that only has a driver side mirror. I do not have to install a passenger side mirror.

Laura
Rating
Pay it. My dad drilled holes in the front of my car b/c i live in Ohio and they require a front license plate.

George A
Here is a list of all of the states that require only 1 license plate:
http://www.mrtraffic.com/frontplate.htm

As you can see, IL is NOT on that list, so 2 plates are required.

You will not be able to win if you try to fight the citation, the laws are on their side & you have no defense just because your car doesn't have a front plate mount. You can purchase generic plate holders at most auto parts stores, or go to the dealership that sells your model vehicle & get a custom fit mount for your model car.

The only chance you have of having the citation reduced or dismissed is to go to DMV & get your car legal by getting both plates & install them before your court date then see if the judge will treat it as a fix-it citation & waive the penalty since you have fixed the violation & have both plates installed.

Scott H
If the state of Illinois issues two license plates, one must be on the front and one must be on the rear. It doesn't matter what you have to do to mount one on the front, just get it on there. Oh, and pay the ticket. You can't beat this one.

Peedlepup
Rating
Some states require both a front and rear license plate, and some only require a rear plate. Perhaps your car was originally sold in a state that does not require the front plate. You can drill two holes in the bumper or go the the neighborhood Nissan dealer and have a factory front plate bracket installed.

If Illinois requires a front plate then you're guilty. Just pay the ticket. Neither violation (parking, missing plate) is a moving violation and will not affect your insurance or appear on your driving record. By the way, do you have the front plate? If not, you'll have to go to the DMV and request a new set of plates (they won't make just one). There will be a small fee for that.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, December 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy