Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Car accident? rear ended?
My g/f got into car accident this morning. She got rear ended and there were total of 3 cars involved. The owner of the car that started the accident doesn't have insurance. My g/f only has one-...

Vehicle question?
my husband drives a small truck and bought a car.my question is can he transfer his plates and registration onto the car,if so,where can i find info about it.i have tried www.dmv.org but i got ...

Australian just moved to the UK and wants a drivers licence, Whats the process?
i have just moved to the UK and gotten a UK passport.
I have a provisional aus licence and have been driving for 4 years, can i swap it into a UK license? and can i drive on it at the moment?

Who's fault?
my friend has had a crash a lorry was reversing round the corner she was driving down the road she sounded her horn and went to go in reverse herself but he hit her before she could. she said it all ...

Does anyone know of a Car Insurance Co. that offers insurance your car on a month by month basis - IDiana?
I do not mean monthly payments i.e. direct debit - I mean the actual policy = ...

Hit and Run-is it worth it to report to insurance?
I was just involved in a hit and run. I was merging into the Holland Tunnel, and a Van drove up on the side of my car, ripped my drivers side mirror off, scratched my car horriably, and just kept on ...

Why do some modern cars have black number plates with just numbers on them?

My car just got broken into, what type of items does insurance cover?

Our car was vandalised by two 16 year olds who were bullying my son?
The day I reported the bullying incident to the school and the police, these two kids wanted revenge & scratched up the paint, broke off a mirror, tore the spare tire cover to bits, and bent the ...

Car insurance Voluntary Excess?
hi just got a quote from a insurance broker for cars

and i put down £100 Voluntary Excess but what does this mean?...

Auto Insurance company stole my car?Paid off the bank,and I get nothing.Don't even keep my car. the law in NC?
The other person did not have insurance. My car to get repaired is more than its worth. So the auto insurance paid what I owe and keep the car and I am walking. They tell me its the law in the state ...

Question about obtaining a driver's license from another state...?
Say for example an illegal immigrant lives in Maryland, but doesn't have a driver's license yet (and is are old enough to have one now), He travels to say .. New York, can he get hislicense ...

The DVLC never issued the number P155 OFF what other numbers have they not issued?
I did hear they issued P55 OFF which is much the same thing!...

What is the best car insurance out there for a good price?

I got in AN CAR ACCIDENT BUT ITS not my FAULT PLS HELP!!!!?
HERES WHAT HAPPENED.
THERE WERE 4 CARS...IT WAS LIKE A CAUSE AN EFFECT TYPE OF ACCIDENT.

THERE WAS A CAR INFRONT OF ME WE'LL CALL DEM CAR #2;THEN THERE WAS A CAR INFRONT OF THE...

How do I report someone for driving a grab lorry without a licence?
I have seen someone i no driving a grab lorry without a licence, this is unsafe and illegal, how do i go ahead to report them and who do i ...

Totalled car, no insurance??
I was hit yesterday and it was the other party's fault. Their insurance is supposed to pay for it. There was a police report. And the shop i went to says my car's totalled, which seems ...

When a criminal wrecks other vehicles, Who pays for it?
I've wondered this for a while now. Does the criminal pay for it? Or does the city?...

Is thear a insurence companyh that will insure me on my car, also to drive any car i do not own 3rd party?
im 19 been driving for 2 years.
need 2 find a insurence company that will insure me. and let me drive any other car 3rd party....

Do not remember being involved in an accident?
Insurance phoned yesterday saying that they have received an allegation I may have been involved in an accident in April!!! Here goes:

1. If I was working at the time I do not drive to ...

crazy
Expired license plates?
can you be arrested for expired license plates

Show all answers
Post your answer

renato24d
Rating
yes of course. If you're license plate is expired it means that you're car is not registered and that's a big no no

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

chuck t
any time you are issued a ticket that is a form of arrest. the citation is issued as a courtesy. your attitude makes all the difference in the world. most police officers will not arrest you for just expired license plates as long as your insurance has not lapsed too.

loco_tech85
The answer is yes, but there have to be other factors.

Operating a motor vehicle with expired license plates or expired registration status is only a traffic infraction. Traffic infractions can be dealt with by issuing a summons/ticket or the infraction observed. At worst, depending on how expired the plates are, you could receive a summons/ticket and have the vehicle towed.

As for being arrested, there would have to be other factors such as the driver doesn't have verifiable identification (license, passport, immigration I.D. card, military I.D. card). Then a person could be arrested, that arrest could be voided at a precinct if someone brings the driver's license to the precicnt and then see above.

Autoinspector
Rating
Technically, you can be arrested for breathing - all this is "at the officer's discretion". Normally, they would just give you a ticket unless the cop doesn't like you - for example, you are black, and he - white. Or vise versa.

Scott H
Not likely, but your vehicle can get impounded.

hmark
No. but if the Police gets you, he can write you up a ticket and impound the car (meaning that the car has to stay somewhere else) and you would have to get transportation, and get the registration renewed before you can drive it away.

It happened to a friend of mine.

dodge man
Rating
you can ,but in most cases the just issue you a ticket ,and when you get the plates re-newed ,the dis-miss the ticket,its just a lot of hassle usually,but very seldom does anyone get arrested unless they have other violations against them ,good luck.

Rhymes with Orange
Depends on who you are and where you are. Here in the US (I'm in Texas) It's unlikely you'd be arrested. But you will definately get a ticket. But here in TX you will get what is called a "Fix it" ticket. Meaning you get the plate renewed, take proof of the renewal to the court and the judge will dismiss the ticket ( but you do have to pay a small court fee). Of course the cop is within his right to impound the vehicle if he chooses especially if you also do not have proof of insurance or proof of ownership. But you won't get arrested.

some random guy
arrested no. Fined yes. if you dont pay your fines, they can suspend your license. then if you continue to drive with a suspended license..well you see where this is going...it can eventually lead to an arrest. so just pay for your stickers. and in order to pay for your stickers you gotta pay off all your tickets. stupid government

Zenkai
Rating
No, but you will get a fine and then required to show up at court proving you renewed your vehicle. They may not let you drive it home if they catch you, but I could be wrong on that one (if you do not have insurance they definitely will not let you drive home)

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy