Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Where can I get a power of attorney to transfer my car title; at the license plate agency or the DMV?
The car is being put into my name. I was told to go to DMV to get a power of attorney so that it could easily be signed over to me.

Where do I get this power of attorney for a car?
<...

Total loss in a wreck?
I was wondering if anyone knew the formula AllState uses to decide whether or not a car is a total loss? We were shocked to find out that the value of our newly bought car is only $4500 and the ...

Car Accident {NEED ANY KIND OF HELP PLEASE}?
I have a provisional license (i'm 17 years old). I had my license for only 3 days before having this accident. What happen was I was I was making a left hand turn and the light had just turned ...

My dad blacked out at the wheel of the car he was driving,?
he has damaged his car and the car infront, he is insured with the aa but how does the fact he blacked out at the wheel affect his insurance claim, they know he has a bad heart and has had a ...

I hit a parked car on private property, can I be sued?
I DID NOT KNOW MY INSURANCE HAD LAPSED. OTHER PERSON'S INCURANCE COMPANY SUED ME; HAD MY LICENSE SUSPENDED BY JUDGEMENT AGAINST ME...

How do I transfer a check I received from my car insurance company to my auto collision center?
Is there a way to do that or do I have to deposit the check into my account and then proceed to obtain a check from the bank. Is there such a thing as just transferring a check from one person to ...

Got rear-ended in a car accident and insurance does not want to give enough to get a descent car, now what?
how am I suppose to get another car. I do not have credit, and do not have anyone to co-sign. I can't afford a car loan and it seems I am going to have to settle for less than what I had in a ...

Legal Advice Needed. Police say I was at fault in the accident. Am I?
I was driving my car down a road with the intention of turning right at a intersection. There were 2 cars behind me. I was at the front, car 1 was behind me and car 2 was behind car 1. I indicated to ...

Im buying a car thats off road and has no tax, mot and im just going to send off the V5?
so whilst im waiting for the V5 to come back in my name so i can get the car MOT'd n taxed will i get clobbered by the DVLA for no tax even if i keep it off the ...

Someone hit my car, their insurance provided me a rental, someone else hit my rental! Who pays Enterprise?
My original accident was the other party's fault, his insurance is paying for my repairs and rental.

The person that hit my rental left a note with contact information, thank goodness....

I don't own car but intend to drive another car.what kind or type of insurance should i take out?

Generally speaking, how much could my car insurance premium increase after three accidents?
It's all within two years and two of them I were at fault. I'm nineteen years old and live in New Jersey. I have Geico....are they going to cancel my insurance and drop me completely? I ...

Is Insurance rates on red cars more expensive?

Where can I get car insurance for my Mexican Girlfriend?

How can i locate a car in the uk using the license plate?

Is it ok to apply for a driver license in another state which you are not a resident of?
I am trying to apply for a New Jersey Driver License this summer during my internship but I live in Pennsylvannia. Would there be any problem?...

Do you pay your car insurance?

I need affordable insurance on my car any suggestions?
well i've been driving around for 9 months now w/out insurance. my car's a 2001 dodge neon standard model and i paid cash for it (no car note). im afraid that if im pulled over by the chp ...

Car insurance uk?
i have car insurance with one car i have full no claims discount,i now am thinking of running another car in my name so i got a quote for this car from my insurance company,.they said as the second ...

Can I demand that my Insurance Co. pay to have my car repaired instead of totaling it out?
I wrecked my car that is worth about $17,000. The damage is around $12,000. We want it fixed, but the insurance company wants to payoff the loan which is about $25,000, which i would assume means I ...

bus
Does your parents car insurance increase when you get a drivers permit?
question above
Additional Details
When I mean drivers permit, I don't mean drivers license with which you can drive the car alone.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Driving Instructor (BRAKE!)
Rating
Most policies have dependents names/ages/dob's upon application.
Using that information, the agent or company will typically contact the policyholder when the dependent turns 16 yrs. of age.

As a driving instructor, I find most of the parents of my students add their new drivers upon receiving their "license" not their permit.
As most states require adult supervision during the permit period, you are automatically covered. The exception would be if a parent has specifically EXCLUDED you in writing from coverage on their policy.
To specifically answer your question, YES, the rates (premium paid) will generally DOUBLE at the time you are added to the policy.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

margnmark
Rating
Mine did when both of my kids turn 15 and then went up more when they turn 16.

Nissanracer
Rating
Yes it does.

calipink22
Generally your parents insurance should not be affected by your drivers permit. I work for Farmers Insurance, when a new driver gets a permit we add the new driver as a "non-driver" it doesn't affect the premium at all. It just insures the new driver while he/she is learning how to drive. Once you get your license and you become an apparent exposure in the household then your parents premium will be affected. It varies between insurance companies

kelly_f_1999
Rating
yes when they add you as driver it will go up for a few yrs

stush30@verizon.net
In raising 4 children, as they became 16 and were added to the policy, the rates went up. eventually the rates were adjusted accordingly.

§ ☼ JLG ☼ §
Rating
It depends on who your insurance is with. Some companies do charge while the kids have their permits (Progressive did when I sold for them a few yrs ago...believe they still do), but some companies do not charge since there has to be an adult in the car. State Farm does not charge until you actually get your license, though they want to know if there is a permit driver in the household.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy