Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

When does (UK) car insurance drop in price?
Ive been with the AA car insurance a year in sept and its £75 per month. I passed my test in June last year and am 23 now. Will the price go down any after a year Ive had no bumps etc??...

Will i go to jail and lose my baby all because of a faulty egr valve on my car that caused my check engine....
the egr valve was faulty causing my check engine light to come on, causing me to not be able to get the car inspected as soon as it went out, causing me to get pulled over multiple times and getting ...

Car insurance for an 18yr old!!!?
my friend (just 18!!) is buying a 1.4 105bhp mg zr!! what is the best insurance company/broker to deal with??...

Does homeowners insurance cover the cost of car damages that are in a garage that is attached to the house?
If vehicles are destroyed in your garage in a house fire, I assumed if they were covered, but maybe not??? Why should my vehicle ins pay the cost of this?...

A commerical truck hit my car and it was totalled. What should I do now?
The guy rear ended my new car that I just purchased 8 months ago. What are my rights? My insurance company is going out to determine if it can be fixed, however, the car is totalled..I'm ...

Help! I'm being sued for a car accident. What do i do?
I was involved in a fender bender 3 years ago. It was probably my fault, but no one was injured. My car needed a lot of work, but their SUV might have just sustained a scratch. I just got the summons ...

Car SUBARA reg P136BWP tax disc 1 month out of date?
what can we do about it parked on road in Oadby Leicestershire, near 14 Rosemead Drive LE25SE...

The DVLA are chasing me to pay tax on a car that I sold months ago.?
What can I do? Is there a form that I should fill in to say that I don't own the car anymore?...

"If you change auto insurance companies, can you file a claim on an old accident with the new company?
This was an accident where I accidentally scraped a mailbox, putting an indention into the side of my car...it is about a $1,500 repair; my old insurance had a $500 deductible, but I never filed-and ...

What happens if you are involved In an accident and are uninsured?
The police were called and they asked if an ambulance was needed the other party said no, So the police said to just exchange info if there were no injuries. I have since called the other party ...

I forgot to put my new car tax disc on and it runs out today I am not home till tuesday. What will happen?

Would you be mad if someone dented your license plate?...Help? Advice?
This past month (or mid-march) I rear-ended someone..little damage..My car sustained more than the other one.
I took a defensive driving class passed, now I have to retake the driving test soon.<...

A car backed up from a parking space and hit my car while I was driving very slow. Who is at fault ?
My Brand new Honda Accord hit by a car backing up from the parking lot. I was driving through my parking lot and a car from the parking space backed up and hit my car on the drivers side and i got ...

I hold the loan, he holds the title to the car- who wins?
My husband just came and took my car in the process of a separation-OUCH! Do I have any recourse?...

What happens to my insurance after a dui and an accident?
My friend has no driver's license and I let him drive my car and he got into a minor accident. I also have a DUI on my record, what is going to happen to my insurance? Can they drop me and if ...

I just got into a car accident. How is it going to affect my insurance rate?

Additional Details
P.S. It was my fault. I rear-ended another vehicle. No injuries though, thank goodness....

I got into a car accident with no insurance in indiana. am i screwed?
i got hit by a snow plow and it was clearly not my fault according to the police report. i just want to get my hospital bills covered and my car fixed (totaled). the other guy is not hurt and no ...

Somebody crashed into my car and damaged it. I dont have auto insurance but they do. what do i do?

Additional Details
This is in TX....

Car insurance for 18 yr old male RIDICULOUS?
I'm 18 and male, so turns out car insurance companies think its okay to rape my wallet. I've been looking at a few quotes on different sites and they come up in the $300-$400 range. I tweak ...

Friend caught speeding in uk. 90 in 70. first year of licence. 3 weeks nothing heard. will he loose licence?

Wish
Do you have to REGISTER a LEASED car?
since you never OWN the car when you lease do you even have to reigster it with the state when you lease a car.??

im having trouble registering a new vehicle in Maryland because of past insurance lapse on my lasr car that would take a large amount of money to clear.. so if there is anyway i can maybe lease a car without having to register it that would help... ive never leased anything so i dont know how it works but i do know that its alot like just renting a car.. am i right??

Show all answers
Post your answer

MikeD2
I would suggest that the leasing company has already registered it, as they are the keepers.
You are only borrowing it.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

oklatom
Rating
The only difference between buying and leasing is with leasing you are 'renting' mileage. Yes, you have to register it, and put insurance on it. It's not in any way like renting a car.

astrobuf
Rating
Registration is with the state. Quit trying to scam the state and clear up your past irresponsibilities!

You must register the vehicle when you lease it. In fact, the dealer will attempt to register it to you. When the State bounces you, you will not be allowed to complete the lease.

You cannot run away from your responsibilities.

Astrobuf

terrellfastball
Anything registered in your name will have the past problems associated with it. If you owe something, settle your debts to clear it. Even with a lease, you will be shown as the primary driver.

Learn from the past, and stay current on your obligations. Leases for most are rotten ideas that end up costing too much in the end.

JOHNNY C
Rating
No it's not like renting a car,lease you have to register,get insurance ,full coverage,before you even sit in car,

Mark A
Rating
Adding to "Astrobuf's" response. You'll not only have a problem with the lease company and the dealer, you'll also likely show a repo. on your credit report and you may be liable for the wear and tear on the car. Clean-up the past fees as they can't be as bad as having no wheels and a messed-up credit bureau!!

oscalope
Yes. The car is registered to the lending company in your care and you are responsible for taxes, insurance, incurred fines and late fees.

mbrcatz
Rating
You only have to register a car, if you're driving it on a public road. If you never drive it, you don't have to register it.

I've never seen a lease where the OWNER pays the taxes, title, or registration fees. They pass all these charges down to the lessee. One of the many reasons why leasing a car is such a dumb move.

You can lease it without registering - but then you can't drive it, as it won't be registered. You'll still have to pay sales tax and title fees. Even though the title isn't to you, and the taxes are for the owner.

Leasing is just a long term rental, with no upside for the lessee. ALL the costs are passed to the lessee.

It's not going to work. Sorry.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy