Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Who is the cheapset insurance company for first time drivers?
im 17 have a peugeot 106 quicksilver (1.4) live in england and want to get the best insurance deal around (First time driver and this will be my first insurance policy holder)...

Can / do insurance adjusters record conversations when they call you?
I am curious to know if when you talk to an insurance adjuster regarding your claim if they can / do record the phone calls. I know when you call them, the little messages states "this call may ...

How much more will it cost to add my husband to my car insurance policy?
Right now I pay $136 every 6 months. Occasionally he takes my car, but usually drives his (insured) scooter to work. Have only been married 3 months, so haven't changed my policy yet. I'm 55...

I passed my practical driving test. but I dont know how to apply for my full driving lisence.?

AA rip off insurance??
Can't believe AA insurance have shafted us again. My girlfriend had just asked to put me onto her insurance as a named driver and AA insurance charged her for the privilege although she has full ...

I have just bought a car with a MOT but no tax?
How long will it take to insure and tax, over the phone or internet, I would like to be on the road today if possible?...

Do you NEED a front license plate in CA?
I know they give you 2 license plates when you register a car. But my boss just bought a convertible sports car and doesn't want the license plate on front. Question, can he legally drive with NO...

Do you get points on your lisence for a parking ticket?
This sounds really really dumb, but I can't really find any information on this anywhere on the government page... I've received a penalty charge notice today and I assume I don't get ...

Can a cop pull me over for no reason and run my plates after?
A cop pulled me over, I don't think he had time to run my plates yet, but I'm not sure, it was pretty instant. I asked him why I was being pulled over and he refused to tell me, which I ...

How do you register a car if the owner has died and you don't have a death certificate?
My son was given his stepfather's car before he died..but unfortunately they didn't get it transferred before my ex's death. His daughter is the executor and alto she doesn't want ...

Can i drive me friend's car if he has just bought a 3rd party insurance?
i have got a full UK licence so can I drive me friend's car if his car has just got a 3rd party insurance and not a comprehensive insurance....

What is a reasonable money settlement for a car wreck?

Will insurance find out?
Rear end collision no police report written no ticket.
The other person put in claim against my insurance company for 1,200 dollars. If my insurance rates go up is it possible I can switch ...

Approx how much would it be for 1st time car insurance for an over 25 yr old who has had drink driving ban UK?

I got stopped using a car with a stolen tax disc whats the sentence ?
i also have 2 police cautions so what am i looking ...

Do you need car loan for new car?
i want to get a new ford 4x4 pickup but im new to this stuff but what do you need a car loan or how does this ...

If someone Hit my car while parked,from the back, Do i have to replace my childs car seat?
I have heard that you should change your childs car seat if your car has been hit...If this is true.. will the other persond insurance pay for the new car seat?...

Pulled over without insurance!!!!?
OK I drive a red car, i get alot of attention from the cops. I did nothing wrong and got pulled over. I have 5 days to show proof of insurance, And I do not have any. I can't aford it, is there ...

How much can I expect for settlement in a car accident?
I'm constantly having back pain. I went to therapy for 4 months and was released but I'm having back pain again so I have to go back to the doctor....

The consequences for letting my boyfriend drive my car if he isn't insured?
I recently bought a new (to me) car. Its a 2005. Anyway, my boyfriend keeps bugging me to drive it, but i told him because he is not an insured driver it would be irresponsible for me to let him ...

danaria927
Do i need a learner's permit after 21?
ok, so i'm 21 and i admit i haven't gotten around to getting my license yet, though i'm planning on it in the next month. i had a learner's, but it expired almost two years ago. in order to get my official license, will i have to obtain another learner's or does it not matter since i'm no longer a minor?

Show all answers
Post your answer

S17V
You don't need a learner's permit after age 18.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mike
I cant fathom just "not getting" my license.... but I live in Florida, we have no public transportation here.

As for your question, it depends on which state you live in. Laws vary greatly by state. You can probably find the drivers handbook for your state online, and it will probably tell you the laws for this.

In Florida, you would not need a learners permit after age 18. They never issue learner permits after age 18, you just have to pass the tests. You will have to check the laws in your state.

lucasfox792
You need a learners permit no matter what. But the difference when you are 21 is that you dont have to keep it as long. 16-18 year olds need to keep their learning permit for 6 months before they get their license. When you are 21 you can go shortly after you get your permit.

Pheona
Rating
I was in that same situation and yes I did need to get my learners permit again.

Hippie C
Yes you will still have to get the learner's permit. Age doesn't matter. Sorry! I know it's a pain (I was 27 before I got my license). Good luck!

short cherry
Rating
Yes, you need a learner's permit to drive no matter how old you are. If you're caught driving without a permit, they can fine you and provoke your lisence obtaining period.

Fred C
Rating
Learner's permit is nothing to do with age, and everything to do with learning to drive. You cannot get a driver licence without having a learner permit. If your state or province has a graduated licence system, you will have to abide by the terms of that when you get your licence as well.
Don't believe the person who says you don't need a learner permit in Florida if you are over 18. In actual fact, you don't need a parent signature to get the learner permit in Florida if you are over 18.
http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com/handbooks/driver/en/1/2
If you don't have a learner permit, you cannot legally drive a vehicle during a driver test, plain and simple.

Jon
Well, matters where you are. In FL, when your 18, you can just go ahead and get your license.

fideux
You will need a learner's permit. In order to take the road test, you must be licensed to drive. The learner's permit, which is called a temporary instructional permit or TIP in most states is required to show you have passed the written test, and can take the on road test. You must also hold the TIP for a minimum of 30 days unless you request a waiver. You qualify for a waiver since you have already held a permit which has expired due to the time. The permit you had probably expired after one year.

These rules are used in most states, so you should go to your Secretary of State office to see what your local rules are, and to insure you don't waste time scheduling a road test before you are qualified.

Oh yeah, remember to practice your parallel parking prior to the test, since they test that, and it is the skill most failed on the test. I've been teaching driver's education for years, and it amazes me how many people show up to a test and don't know how to do that right.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy