Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

I crashed into the middle of the bus, but he was close to the kerb, whose fault is it?
He was doing 25mph, I was doing 5mph, I was pulling out of a side street, He was about to go into a cycle lane near a bus stop....

How much are personlised licence plates valid to put on car???
the car licence plate will be L1V3S3Y...

What happens when I have an accident with no insurance, but it wasn't my fault?
Back in january I got into an accident with a drunk driver, it was completely was his fault but I didn't have insurance, I currently have insurance but after sending in my accident report to the ...

I'm trying to get my driver's license for the first time, I'm 23, do I still need to have auto insurance?
I don't plan on actually driving at all, I just want to get it for identification purposes. Do I still need to be a part of an insurance policy in order for the dmv to issue me a license....

My wife died 4 months ago and just found 5 premium bonds how do i go about finding out if they are any good ?
dont have any number ...

What year of registration is a vehicle with a number plate starting with N?
If a vehicle in the UK has a licence plate commencing with the letter N eg N123 POO - what year was it first registered?...

Driving before permit?
I'm in MA and only 15, but my dad is convinced that i can drive on private property (parking lot or something, anything other then the road) but i think its still illegal until i have my permit.....

Does anyone know any good cheap insurance companies to insure my car?

How old do you have to be to starting taking practical driving test in England?

A car backed into me. I was parked in the street of my subdivision. She claims I was parked "illegally"
Ok. Thanksgiving day, I had all my relatives over my house. There was no place to park in my driveway, so I park in the street, just in front of my driveway. Later that night I go out to see a movie (...

Do you need a learner's permit first to get your driver's license if you're 18?

Additional Details
i live in maryland. sorry, i forgot to include that....

If someone hits your car, does their insurance company have to give you the check?
Someone hit my car and her insurance is paying for it. The problem is, the insurance wants to send the check directly to the auto body place where i got my estimate.
Any other time someone else ...

Whose insurnace should I make a claim with? Car that rear-ended me or the car that rear ended him into me?
I was in an 3 car auto accident. At the time of the accident no one exchanged info. But there is a police report with our info. My insurance policy was cancelled at the time....

When booking a driving theory test do you pay before or after taking the exam?
Wanting to book my driving theory test and was just wondering if you pay when you book it or after you have taken ...

Who is responsible/liable?
I was recently involved in a four car pile up that was not my fault as i was car number two in a line of four. Does anybody know who needs to accept liability? Does everyone take responsibility for ...

How do i find out where somebody lives by just their license plate?
well.. i was out 1 day and i was talking to some girl. we were really getting on. i know her name but lost her number. i know her car license plate though (which is still not a 100% guarantee that i ...

Do you know that many auto insurance companies base your rate on your Credit Score>? Should this be legal>?
I just feel that if the State is going to require by law auto insurance ,, then your credit should not have anything to do with your rate! Many companies don't even tell you they are running ...

I crashed my cousins car my license is suspended will his insurance cover this?

Can I drive my parents' cars (with a learner's) without being on their insurance?
I'm 15 years old and got my learner's license way back in July. From July to the end of January, I've driven for around 30 minutes in total and I'm pretty nervous because I want ...

What is a good first car for a teen?

yahooLulu
Car Accident - Hit from behind, other driver at fault. Insurance won't pay.?
Other driver hit my car from behind. Major whiplash. Doctor wrote note not to work for 2 weeks. Took car in for inspection for estimation of damages. Both my insurance and the other driver's insurance refused to pay for any damages. What should I do?
Additional Details
live in Los Angeles. Accident occured in Los Angeles.

Show all answers
Post your answer

ButwhatdoIno?
Rating
The guy who rear ended you is at fault. You need a lawyer. They will lose.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Delilah
Rating
Whenever someone is rear-ended, the driver who rearended you is usually always at fault. As to why the other driver's insurance carrier and your insurance carrier refuse to pay the claim, is beyond me. Even if you didn't have collision coverage, the other driver's coverage should cover the accident. Is there an issue of fraud here? You can contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state that oversees and regulates the insurance carriers and explain your situation to them.

dodge man
i own a repair shop,and have been in a similar situation,,they cant refuse to pay,not both company's ,since the vehicle that it you had to be at fault their insurance has to pay for this,i don't know what the problem is,but the law states that you must be in control of your own vehicle at all times,and clearly they wasn't,because they hit you from behind,its time for you to call a lawyer,and let them take over,its obvious you need out side help on this one,,good luck with it,i hope this help,s.

Randi
Rating
Since the driver rear ended you, he needs to be charged. If neither insurance company will pay, you need to sue. His insurance campany should actually be the one to be paying for it not yours. His insurance company refusing to pay for the damages is illegal.

Bob G
Rating
If you have valid insurance and they won't pay contact the California Insurance Commissioner in Sacramento. You should be able to find the contact info on the web

cesare214
California is notorious for this stuff.....I worked a legal case with similar info..Why won't either insurance pay ? There is something you are not saying ....
Any suspicion of insurance fraud ? Something is not being said here.. A hit from behind is generally the fault of the 2nd car. (the car that does the damage )
add details regarding your insuranc company's refusal to pay , and also the reasons for the other insurance co's denial............

bostonianinmo
Rating
It sounds as if you only have liability insurance coverage. That's the ONLY reason that your insurance company would or could deny coverage. You may need to get an attorney to sue the other driver (NOT the other driver's insurance company!)

SantaBud
Rating
Agree w others w need more info to respond w any real accuracy.

As stated if you carry just liability you have no coverage w your ins.

And despite what most people believe & many have stated here. Being struck from behind is not a guarantee of the other driver being at fault.

They are legally at fault in probably 90% of rear end collisions, but there are a few exceptions, depending on what the proximate cause of the accident was.

Knowing the specific reasons for denial of claim would help, & brief details of how the accident occured also matter.

undercovernudist
hire an attorney it is the other driver's fault

MRod
Rating
If you have a current insurance plan they have to pay for damages until you sue the other insurance. They should cover your repairs so you can be back on the road. You need to get a lawyer and sue the other insurance company. Once you have a lawyer, they are more likely to pay up. Most lawyers don't take payment unless they win the case. If the other driver is at fault, you should win the case. But I still don't know why your insurance co won't take care of things in the mean time. I had a car accident and my insurance was 21st century ins.(I also had full coverage, not just liability) They fixed my car and gave me a rental. When I sued the other company my insurance company was then reimbursed by the settlement and my insurance rates remained the same. You are paying the premium and they legally have to get you back on the road regardless if you win or lose the case. If you win, then they get reimbursed, if you lose then they might raise your rates.

Honey Pot
Rating
It sounds as though you have liability only since your insurance company will not help you out. Unfortunately, alot of states are going to the "no fault" states. Meaning the state where you live may not hold anyone at fault. The reasoning for this is because everyone is suppose to have insurance and it keeps law suites down. Good luck and Feel better!

Clevis D
They aren't paying because YOU are full of crap. Why don't you go ahead and tell the WHOLE story? Maybe because your car was damaged prior to this accident? Maybe because you made the whole thing up?

bundysmom
Rating
California DOI requires all denials be sent in writing. What's the basis for denial? Depending on the reason for the denial may help answer your question.

If the other carrier denied because the policy wasn't valid, that's it. You can claim UM benefits under your own policy, assuming you have insurance.

If the other carrier denied because the other driver claims you backed into them...well, if you have witnesses take them to court. Otherwise, it's word vs. word & you'll have to prove your case.

Oh, and if there's a police report...that's not proof. They're not evidence of fault, it's a 3rd party of account (someone who didn't witness it) of what happened and they're not admissible in a court of law.

la428282
Ok, theres clearly something very fishy going on here if both your carrier and their carrier refuse to pay. And were not psychic so we cant have any idea why.

Why dont you give us the reason they both refuse to pay and then we can help you out?

Is there a coverage issue? Perhaps you dont have collision coverage and the other drivers insurance was effective at the time of loss?

Are they investigation whether fraud is going on?

Please elaborate and you can receive correct answers (as i can guarantee so far its just a bunch of people who have no idea what they are talking about saying "get a lawyer!!!)

Gary D
Your only remaining option is to sue the other driver in court. If you were rear-ended it should be an easy open & shut case with you coming out the winner.

Keep track of every cost you have to incur, including lost wages, travel to and from doctors, doctor bills, rental car, etc.

wiseguy
I don't know how the other guy's insurance can get away with not paying when he's the one that rear ended you. I'd get a lawyer that deals with car accidents. He can tell you what to do.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy