Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 I'm buying a car in North Carolina, but I want to drive it back to my home state Ohio. Can I get NC temp tags?
I want to get it registered in Ohio, but don't want to use the old owners tags to drive it back home. Can I get a NC temp tag with Ohio license? Or how would I go about doing this?...

 What is the percentage of women who don't have a drivers license?

 Plz help me ASAP!!!!How many chances do i have to write the driving instruction permit test?
Hi FRIENDS,I live in Wisconsin,I had written 2 times the written test...feeling somewhat nervous while answering...so failed 2nd time also in one mark..So plz do tell me how many times can i write ...

 Does a male get a point on their driving record when they first get their license?

 Is California's vehicle emissions standards the toughest in the country?
I'm moving to CA from MA in August. A friend told me CA has different emissions standards, and out of state cars wouldn't pass the emissions test, and that I would either have to buy a car ...

 I was found 25% at fault for an accident through my insurance company....?
and the other guy was found 50% at fault while another driver was 25% at fault. These numbers are according to my insurance companies. Now the guy who was 50% at fault's company claims I am 100% ...

 How do I figure out what I should ask as a settlement for my car accident?
I was in a car accident, the lady behind me, speeding, attempted to pass me on a double yellow on a blind turn, poped back behind me then did it again. This time, she clipped my front end, and we ...

 What To Put On A License Plate?
It is my dad's birthday and he wants a costom license plate so im gonna, get him that, but i don't know what to put on it. Remember, it can only be 8 letters and it has to be somthing my ...

 How long do I have to transfer full coverage insurance from one car to another in Florida?

 How much would my car insurance be?
im 17yr old male i just passed my practical test and i want to buy the GOLF 1.4L which is on sale for £1,895 as a second hand car i was wondering how much my insurance would be roughly?...

 Will my insurance cover my car after i add certain mods to it?
i have a 2005 Toyota Celica GT and have full coverage on it. Im thinking of adding a body kit, rims, lights etc to it. Will my insurance cover my car if i get into an accident with all those mods ...

 What needs to be wrote on the back of my driving license photo?
I have my photos but when I get my teacher to sign it do they have to just put their name or must they write something like 'This is a true likeness......' It's just I remember ...

 I want to buy a new car but don't want it listed as one of my assets, can I have my fiancee buy it and?
I sold my race car due to my disability(sever back injury) and not being able to work on it anymore which was a non titled and registered type car. I plan to use the money to buy another everyday ...

 Driving with someone when you only have your permit?
I have my permit right now. If I have a friend who is 18 can he be in the car with me and it still be legal for me to drive?...

 Moved from to another state do i have to get my drivers permit again for another 6 months?
Ok i moved to Texas this pass summer from Ohio. When i was in Ohio i had got my drivers permit and had it for six months. My question is do i have to get my Texas drivers permit for another six ...

 Any options besides the corporate agenda 4 car insurance?
Is there any institution, organization, society, etc that offers liability auto coverage if you do not have a state issued driver license?
Keep in mind I didn't say no drivers license. I ...

 Is it the law to be driving with car insurance?

 Help me please have i run out of time?
was rear ended in a car accident march of 2006? i did not have insurance. i settled with them on the medical/personal. but i never settled on the car. how long do i have to get the money for my car ...

 Fair insurance for 03CBR600RR?
progressive. 170 a month. average liability coverage and collision and theft protection.
im 19 and in the Military...have not taken the MSF course i know this will lower the cost.
but ...

 How many points for a class DJ suspension in NY?
Hi all, I'm 16 and got caught for going 21 mph over speed limit, thought it was different than it was.

Anyways, I need to know how many points for a class DJ liscense suspension? I NEE...

Can you register a car in one state and pay insurance in another?
I live in California, which is also where my car is registered and insured. This summer, I will be going to New York for the summer and don't need or want a car out there.
I'm driving my car out to Oklahoma and lending it to a friend out there.

I'm planning on adding her to my insurance and insuring it at her house in Oklahoma. The car will remain mine and I will not be selling it to her, even temporarily. I will then be driving it back to California.

Do I also NEED to register it in Oklahoma, or can I keep the registration in California, even though the insurance will temporarily (2 1/2 months) be legally and legitimately based in Oklahoma?

Or, do I need to register my car in New York since I will be living there (but will not have my car there at all)?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Scott H
Not legally. The vehicle needs to be registered and insured in the same state.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

To answer your main question. YES you can register in one state and insure in another.

Most insurance companies like Geicco, Allstate etc insure acrross the country and in many cases other countries.
I advise to ask both the states what their rules are. You will get a direct/correct legal answer and be sure.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Queen B
you need to speak to the insurance company in OK . that you will be using. they can advise you what you need to do in order to be "legal" while the car is insured in OK. Most ( not all) companies want the car registered in the state it is insured. one exception is if you are in the military.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Guy I
No in most cases you cannot insure your car in a state that it is not registered in. The state you register your car in is the state you are supposed to carry insurance in. You can leave it register and insured in CA since it is a only a summer that you will be gone. The insurance will still cover the car even though it is in OK.
The state that you have the car registered in is the state that is needing the proof of insurance in. Call your insurance company for more advise.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

tram p
autoinsurance.bebto.com - try this one. I have their car insurance and, as I know, they can provide such a service.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, August 3, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy