Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Minor Car Accident and driving without insurance?
The accident happened when I tried to pull out of the curb, and the other car passed by, and I scratched their door. No one was injured, the other party got my contacts, but I didn't get theirs. ...

My insurance company will not renew my car insurance as I had 2 accidents. What do I do now?
Will other insurance companies provide insurance for me?...

Can a glaxo speed camera catch me speeding if im driving towards it -?

Additional Details
sorry it was GATSO and the lines were on the other side of the road!...

Who does the car belong to if there are, two names on the title?
Last year my dad died and my mom got some insurances money, my mom got me a new car. It is all paid off. Two weeks ago we got in a big fight and she told me she is taking the car back. Well both of ...

How do i get my drivers liesence back after ban up?

A rental car company wants to charge me for a "missing replacement wheel" two weeks after I returned the car
I returned my rental car with no problem about two months ago. Two weeks later, the rental company called my wife accusing her of stealing the replacement wheel. I don't remember whether there ...

I was involved in a car accident(not at fault) the person in the other car fled on foot?
I was involved in an accident the other driver ran a light and hit me, he totaled my car and fled on foot the police found him but I wasnt told if he has insurance or not.What should I do?...

Can I purchase a car with a drivers permit?
I have recently goten my drivers permit, and started driving lessons, but I think I still need a lot more driving practice before my driving test comes up. I want to buy a car so I can get more ...

I just got in a car accident today?
Hi I just got into a car accident today, i was driving on the freeway and the traffic was getting slower, so I was braking when someone hit me from behind, the impact was hard enough that I hit the ...

What to do if getting sued about a car accident and injuries after inurance has a paid?

3 Car Pile-Up. Who's at fault?
Hey there. This morning I was unfortunatley in a 3 car pile up. While driving through a traffic circle, a man began to cross the street with his dog at the exit I was going to. There were 4 vehicles ...

What's a good car insurance I could sign up to?
Something good but not expensive?...

Recently my car dealership took possession of my car for not having insurance can they do that?

Cheapest insurance for teenager with traffic violations?
I was just wondering what company has the cheapest insurance for a 17 year old male with three traffic tickets. I'm not looking for a lecture on how I should know better or to have people call ...

My car was involved in a hit and run 3 yrs ago but my dad's name was on the registration?
three yrs. ago a friend was driving my car home from a bar because I had been drinking. She hit a moving vehicle and drove off for what reason I do not really know. My dad's name was on the ...

If I get money from my insurance company because of an accident, do I have to fix my car?
I was involved into a car accident that was not my fault and I was awarded money for the damage done to my car. However, the damage is rather small and I would much rather just keep the money than ...

Am I completely at fault for an accident when the other operator has no license, insurance and expired tags?
I was in a head on accident in Colorado with a motorcycle in which the operator was test driving the motorcycle without a license. no insurance and expired tags through a residential neighborhood. T...

Insurance offer for pain & suffering?
I was a passenger in a vehicle that was hit. I suffered neck & back pain. It's been 7 months since the accident & I'm still not back to pre-accident condition, but have not returned ...

If i'm from a state that doesn't require insurance, but i'm driving in one that does, do I need it?
Im just wondering since I have it right now but its going to expire soon. I have my drivers license and registration in NH but im in florida right now for college (im not a resident here though)
<...

I'm 17 years old and do I have to buy car insurance if my parents sit next to me?
I rarely drive so i don't want to get car insurance yet, but sometimes I want to drive around with my family. So do I have to buy car insurance if my parents sit next to me in the car?...

**cArLy**
Can i register my car if the title isnt in my name?

Show all answers
Post your answer

dymplez_2002
Rating
i don t know what state you live in and how there rules are, but here everything has to be in the same name, so no you would not be able to.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

oklatom
That depends entirely on where you are, and what the laws are in that area. Generally speaking, no, you have to show a vehicle is yours before you can register it. Otherwise you could find a vehicle you really liked, get the plate and VIN and register it in your name and perhaps convince law enforcement it was your car and drive it home.

As I said, most states have rules in place that you must show it's yours, and an insurance verification card to register it.

regerugged
No.

Looking for the REAL answer!
Rating
Not in Florida!

asccaracer
Rating
depends on what state your in. Many states offer reg by other then the owner as in a leased car or a rental car. Ny requires the "owner" to sign a MV 95 form and or sign a section on the MV 82 form as well as supply you with a certified copy of the title showing them as the owner. In NY the insurance and reg have to be in the same name but the title can be in another. There are many states that are similar and many do not let you at all. The best bet is call your local DMV office or check their web site.

D. Carmichael
Rating
I think it has to be registered in the name of the person on the title or loan (if it's financed). If you are just reregistering a car that is already registered then it shouldn't matter it's really just paying the fee getting the new stickers and going on your way. If it's the first time you've registered it, then it may be a little tricky, just look on your states DMV website it's different for each state.

cramer.fan
Rating
in NYS in certain situation yes you can. I recently had a case where the father registered the car and the title was in his daughter's name.

mrnaturl1
Rating
If the car is NOT financed (aka owned AND titled outright by someone else) you can not register it in your name.

If the car is financed, title will be in your name, bank as the lien holder and registered in your name.

ALL AMERICAN
Rating
no

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy