Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 I broke my nose leaning on my friends car, will filing a claim do any good?
I was leaning on his car when he turned it on and it jolted back, and i slid off and broke my nose. I think i may have hit it on a small rock. Will filing claim on his auto insurance do any good (O...

 I am in uk for 6m and had my usa drivers licence stolen. How do I get a replacement licence in uk? ?
Do I report it stolen, I have a friend who wants to put me on her insurance but i need my licence details which i do not have? H...

 Car accident and I left the scene ?
So it was a minor crash, nobody injured and little car damage. we both got out of the car talked then the guy asks for my insurance, I say okay and get in the car, noticing I have no damage, the ...

 If my car is "totaled" and the other drivers insurance is covering me, what value do they use to give me my $
My car was hit while parked and the other driver is at fault, his insurance (allstate) has to give me money to get another car because mine is "totalled". I was wondering what value they ...

 Car crash in a car park?
is it true that if you have a accident in a car park its at the owners risk and car insurers wont want to ...

 I'm 21 and I still live at home. My car insurance company is demanding...?
that I show proof of my Dad's insurance on his own vehicle. They said if I don't, they must add him to mine. Why is that? He NEVER drives my car! He has no insurance, so I cant show proof. I...

 Who do you have Auto Insurance with?
Who do you use? What do you pay? Do you think it is fair? Do you have full coverage? And what State are you in? Accidents or traffic voilations?

I live in Delaware and I have full coverage ...

 I was in an car accident that wasn't my fault, but the other person's insurance won't cover it. What can I do?
I was recently in a car accident and it wasn’t my fault. I got a police report (I went to the police station after the accident) and filed a claim. After talking to her insurance company I am told ...

 Do parking tickets go on your record and count towards points on your driving record?

 My car MOT runs out in a month, if it is retested before expiry and fails is previous cert stil valid?

 Is there any grace period for expired MOT?
I am 26 days late in having my car tested hope there is not a fine?...

 Can I pay a damage bill from the other parties insurance Co to avoid my own company paying & save my discount?

Additional Details
My girlfreind who is a named driver on a provisional licencee scratched a parked car in a car park whilst manouvering. There is a 4 inch scratch on the ladies car. We ...

 What do I do if a car I want to buy has no title?
I am interested in buying a vehicle, but the seller does not have the title. What can go wrong? And what is there to worry about? (What is the bad? lol) And, also...what can I do? Thanks....

 How long does it usually take 4 the police to find you're vehicle when it's been stolen?
I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee that truck runs so good and someone stole it Tuesday.The police up here in the Washington DC area seem like they're taking there time.My pocket book and everything was ...

 What is the Annual Road Tax for private car in UK?
Motor Tax i.e. Road Fund How much?...

 What's the best car insurance?
im looking for a car insurance that's cheap (affordable)
so which one is the best one? That covers what the DVM ask for
Additional Details
DMV* not DVM

and what'...

 Do you need to be an insured to drive other peoples cars?
My sister has agreed to let me use her car, so when my college courses start up I can get back and fourth provided I help with gas. My mom is telling her I that she shouldn't though because ...

 What happens if a driver without insurance rear-ends you?
What happens if another vehicle runs into your car, but the other driver doesn't have insurance? Are you pretty much just screwed?...

 How do I get car insurance for my 1972 VW Van????
I can get basic coverage for my van but not full coverage. Does anyone know where i can get full coverage for this van. I drive this van more than 12000 miles a year
Additional Details

 I am a single mother who needs a cheap car the runs good can someone help?
I need it to take my kids to school and get to work. I have 450 now and can make payments.
Additional Details
I only have $450.00 now and credit is not good enough to get a car with that ...

John Does
Can i register a car without a title and only bill of sale.?
I live in texas. i have a bike i need to get registered
The owner said it was a theft recovery and he only gave bill of sale.
I got a good deal and it runs STRONG so i dont want to use it for parts. Can i register it with onlyh abill of sale?
Additional Details
Cupcake, you are a ******** retard. thats is what the bill of sale is for. to prove i bought it

Show all answers
Post your answer

no. you must have a title.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

I think you may have to apply for a new title

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You ask, I answer
you need the title. what you really need to do is make sure that bike isn't stolen. you should NEVER buy anything without the title. take the VIN # to a local police station along with the bill of sale, and have them run the VIN #. if it comes back clean, then you can get a new title printed up. check it. you don't want to be pulled over for something you had nothing to do with.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

m g
You will need to apply for a lost title, but it is not a good idea to pay for anything until you get the title........

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Chris B
you have to file a lost title report with the DMV, you should have had the seller do that, it costs money to get a new title. If he wasnt willing to do it, there is a chance he stole the bike, or knowingly bought it stolen.

theft recovery or not, the DMV has a title for someone on that bike.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

even a recovered stolen bike NEEDS A TITLE. Check with your state Motor Vehicle Bureau as to how to obtain a title, so you can register it. Get a WRITTEN STATEMENT from the seller as to how he acquired the bike.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Hell no. Not to mention it is a "theft recovery." Stolen?? Run. Run fast and find another good deal on a bike. Complete with title.

But I'm going to pretend you didn't use the words "theft recovery." Some states don't require bikes to be titled. In that case, you need the bill of sale and probably a notarized affidavit from the seller (this is what I had to do in South Dakota to title a '66 motorcycle) Take it up with the DMV and they will let you know what you need.

PS: Don't call people retards. It's not nice. She's just trying to help.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Bill P
If you have a bill of sale, you can get a title. Either lost title or mechanics lien title. You have to prove the sale to you as you said you have and provide proof of insurance

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Lost title then you can register it. You can't sell it, but you can drive it. Did with a car I had in Texas, so I know.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

somarathana m
I think it

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No


First... I've bought 'vehicles' "out-of-stsate"! It's NOT a 'pretty' scenario if you do NOT have the TITLE... BUT!!! With a BILL of SALE, YES, it IS possible! Even WITH the title, you will need an 'out-of-state' inspection... Some states are more stringent than others! SOME will want to make SURE that the vehicle it ROAD-WORTHY!!! ! ALL of them will want to collect a FEE for 'transferring... 'Title'... Some states are really 'lenient' about 'Titles', and a NOTORIZED 'Bill-ofSale' is good enough to transfer the 'title'!

"I" say to YOU... "CAVEAT EMPTOR"!!! If 'you' ACQUIRE any kind of motor vehicle, and CAN NOT OBTAIN a CLEAR 'TITLE'... (or talk to / make arrangements through, a REPUTABLE mortgae holder) , then SHAME on YOU!!! (There is ALWAYS that 'THING about a DEAL being TOO good to be TRUE!!!) Better THINK, LONG, and HARD, before you go against THAT age-old 'adage'...

CAN the title be transferred? YES... And, in some cases, it's NOT a big deal! But, You WILL need a 'notorized' title, or 'Bill-of-Sale'... I would not want ANY LESS, for my OWN, PERSONAL 'comfort'... 'SOMEONE 'witnessed' ME, TRANSFERRING 'funds', to 'SOMEONE', in exchange for...

ANYONE who is 'selling' a legitimate item, will:
i) Be WILLING to SHOW you that the serial numbers on the CAR/ BIKE/ ATV/ whatever MATCH the numbers on the FRAME/ MOTOR/ (wherever the manufacturer tell you they are)...

ii) Serial numbers are USUALLY stamped in more that ONE place! don't be fooled because the 'seller' is ready to SHOW you how they 'match'! (In the OBVIOUS places)! LOOK around! (I would ADVISE that you DO a little 'home-work'! ) KNOw WHERE that MANUFACTURER PLACES HIS 'STAMPS', AND look FOR THEM...

If you don't 'GET-IT' by NOW... Good Luck...


Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

without title, you don't own the bike and therefore cannot register it. A bill of sale is only a receipt but it doesn't mean you own the bike and the person with the title in their possession can legally take the bike back at any time. That would be like me seeing a nice luxury car on the street and then trying to register it to me when I don't have the title!! that is impossible. If you file for a lost title like others are suggesting, you could be charged for fraud and if it is found out the bike was stolen, you'll be accused of grand auto theft because the title can reappear with the real person on the title. Since you never had the 'lost' title to begin with, if you REALLY believe and know it was lost then I guess you could gamble and file for it.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy