Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

Is this a crime? If so, what kind?
I know someone who takes the license plates off of one car to put them on another. He also drives without a license in his own security business. I think this means he has no insurance either. I ...

I was hit. Who is at fault?
I was driving down the road, there are street parking on both sides of the road therefore I had to drive down the middle of the road. A car came out and hit me at the back. The driver claim that it ...

Car accident?
My wife had an accident where was her fault. She drove into side lane and collided with the other driver’s car. The other driver’s car was fine and no damage, no dent and no scratch. But my car ...

My 6 year old wrecked her bicycle hitting a parked car, now the owner of the car wants to sue..what is the law
My 6 year old daughter was riding her bicycle on the sidewalk outside our apartment complex and wrecked, her bike hit a parked car in which the fender was over the sidewalk. Now the owner of the car ...

How do you get car insurance if you don't own a car?
Need to know the type of insurance people get when they don't own a car....

Does anybody else grudge paying their Road Tax?
Nothing but roadworks, substandard road surfaces, pot holes,massive traffic jams. Where does our money go?
Additional Details
Susan W. I live in Scotland and let me assure you that ...

My fathers vehicle is insured under his name but i drive it. If I get in a wreck will his insurance cover it?
I dont have insurance but I do have a license and I live with him....

How do i get road tax for my scooter when my insurance has expired?
im not driving my scooter anymore as i have a work van now but i need road tax as it is parked on the road untill i sell it. surely i dont have to pay out for insurance i dont need just to get ...

In a car accident no police report?
My fiance was in a car accident last night. He was hot from behind. no damage to the car. i called 911 from his cell phone. the other guy that hit us cave us his name and policy number. my fiance ...

Can you insure(get insurance )if a car does NOT have a valid MOT.?

Additional Details
We have a car that is off the road due to no legal driver(havent passed test), the mot is up in february. I know you can drive to the mot test centre without tax or ...

I hit a car witch was parked illegally can they claim even though housing have asked them not 2 park there?

Driving without papers?
yesterday i was stoped by police. I have no license and no insurance. I've told police officer that i left my polish license at home, with was a lie coz i don't have any license at all

Why do driving lessons cost so much when you learn so little in 1 hour.?

I lost my driver's license?
I think I lost my driver's license. Do you gusy know what I should do? How much does it cost to apply for one? How long does it take for DMV to process it? Thanks guys. I was having too much fun ...

How many points will i get on my driving licence
I was caught by a mobile speed camera doing 90mph in a 50 zone how many points will i get
Additional Details
Ive been driving 5 years clean licence i know 90 sounds a lot but i was on a ...

For young Male drivers who is the best car insurance company to go with?
I want cheap
I am 19
I have a smal 1.1 car and i have 1 years no claims
Never crashed
No C...

I'm 15, and I live in Texas. Can i get a car title in my name.?
What does it entail? Do i need a permit, liscense, or can i just get a title in my name without ...

Car Insurance Question??
I am fully comp...my dad is fully comp...Is he legally insured to drive my car?...

I got in car accident, they rear-ended my car and i am in pain, should i contact a lawyer?
i was rear-ended on thursday and i have major head aches and back pains, my car is destroyed and dont have a vehicle to go to work, i am still paying for my vehicle, none of the insurances involve ...

If my 17yrs old daughter drives my car but doesnt have insurance and gets into an accident..is she covered?

Additional Details
in LA

and the car itself is insured....

powersevin
Can I sell a car without the title?
I still owe on my car to the bank, therefore I dont have the vehicle title yet. Is there a way for me to sell the car to someone else, even if they can't get the title, or would they be able to get the title, as long as I'm making payments on the vehicle?

Show all answers
Post your answer

mzdrea08
You will have to prepare a contract, if they are taking over the payments, you will want to make sure the car note is paid every month. Once the car is paid and you get the title, if stated in your contract with the buyer, you can give them the title. PLEASE make sure you have a contract, even if it is a family member.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

shosong
Rating
you can talk to your lender sell the care take the money, give it to your lender get the tittle give the title to the new owner. if you have money left over you can apply for a personal loan and pay for it.

rayray
Rating
i dont think so... you have to have the title before... unless they buy it from the bank or something...

katenyc123
once u sell the car you pay off the bank and they give you the title or they actually could send it directly to the buyer

Scott S
Rating
The lender has the title, so the loan must be paid off before you can sell the vehicle.

mommacat
Rating
nope. you will have to have the car paid off and the title cleared in order to sell it. the title will be needed for the buyer to title it in their name

koma
Rating
no, they cant get car registered

leonguy300
bank will have to consent to the sale in order for you to sell it outright. but you will still owe the bank the money you took out for the car even if you sell the car.

unicornbucky
Rating
According to wisegeek.com it could be done depending on the state. It should be avoided.

carolbee
You do not own the car...the title is held by the owner...the bank.

If you want to sell the car...you have to pay off the loan...the amount you charge the buyer needs to be the payoff of the loan...and whatever else you decide to get from him. Once you pay off the loan...you will receive the title...then you can sign it over.
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/selling/articles/93820/page009.html
try this link:

SPUD
Rating
You sound very naive

simply no and who would trust you to continue making the payments.

The best you could hope for is for someone to take over the payments for you.

TINA R
No. You would have to pay the vehicle off, get the title, then assign it to the purchaser.

Kyle Z
no

hailtoYeshua!
No. Against the law

BorGaziee
Rating
no you have to sign the title over to the new owner before anyone can even buy it

Orange County, NY mom
It is illegal for you to sell a car without a clear title. The bank has to be paid & then clear the title before you can sign it over to someone for them to register it, it can be sold for parts without a title but if there's money owed then that bank will come after you if you do not pay & if they find out it was sold without being paid off then they have legal rights to hold you accountable & even criminal depending on your state............

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy