Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

A commercial semi-truck rear-ended us. What type of settlement is reasonable?
We are at a complete stop when a commercial driver rear-ended us, causing our van to be totaled. I was driving, and am now experiencing pain and occasional numbness in my left arm, both shoulders, ...

Cement truck landed on my car. It was totaled. Car paid for. Can I get more than blue book value.?
I don't want to start over. But I know I can't replace car with blue book value. Do I have any rights?...

Can my car insurance provider cancel my policy....?
For allowing someone who is not on my policy to drive my car? This person has only driven it once or twice and has a clean driving record and there's no reason for my insurance provider to even ...

Why is it illegal to insure a car on two different policies?
for two different people? My car my insurance, but my mate wants to drive it for a few days(not covered on his policy) but he can't buy another temp cover as it's illegal. What difference ...

Points and car insurance?
what happens if have an accident and make a claim without declairing you have a small number of points on your licence,does this make the claim invalid?...

Tax and insurance question..?
my boyfriends dad just got a new car so he gave my boyfriend his old one.
it has no tax or insurance on it right now.

we already have a car of our own so do not need his dads car.

I wrecked someone else's car and I have no insurance, what can I do?
I had an accident in someone else's car and I have no insurance. The person does have a car insurance. The accident didnt involve any other car, i just slid in the road. I also didnt file a ...

Renting a car for a family member?
one of my family members wants me to rent them a car for 3 days she said she would pay for it she just needs me to sign for it i never reanted a car before so i wanted to know is there any reasons i ...

Burnt out light on drivers test?
I have a burnt out brake light. will that effect my drivers test? I live in Colorado and this is my first licence....

Whose fault is it really.. and whose insurance pays?
Long story short, I backed into some pallets of stone blocks my neighbor had delivered and left on the street. There were 4 pallets, and I hit the last one (all in a line straight out of their ...

Will my car get towed if it is parked outside my house with no license plates?
Will my car get towed if it is parked outside my house with no license plates? I'm just wondering because my garage is being worked on and I needed to move it. It's probably going to be in ...

Im 19 and nxt month i will have2years no claims bonus, wat is the best and fastest car i could get insured on?
iv currently got a mark 4 golf 1.6s, it does its job but im looking for something better....

I am 16 just getting my liscense and I am getting a 1976 Corvette and I need to know how much insurance will b

Learning to drive with a provisional?
hello people i need help, i want to start to learn to drive with my parents i have my proviosanal but do i need insurance, or can i just learn with my parents insurance??...

I was caught going 75MPH on a 55MPH road. I live in Illinios?
Can I talk to a judge and ask him if i can attend a traffic school to keep the ticket off my record for insurance purposes
And can I obtain court supervision.
This is my first offense and I&...

If you get points on your licence after how long will they be wiped off?

What is an acceptable car insurance cost for newly passed 19 yr old male?
What's the acceptable range?

Please don't start giving me infos about quotes and stuffs, i've done them all thousands times, just asking for A PRICE you would think as FINE. ...

I will be passing my driving lesson soon, hopefully and i need some advice? Please help!?
I havnt passed my driving test yet but i just want to know roughly how much i will have to pay per month for my car insurance? Im 18 and i know that it will depend on what car i get and where i live ...

Will my car insurance rates go up after my first fender bender?
I'm sixteen years old and i got into my first fender bender. I was at fault, but the officer at the scene said that the damage was minor and would probably be less than 400 dollars. However, I ...

CAR INSURANCE PLEASE HELP IMPORTANT!!!?
right i am 17 i have my full uk driving licence!

my dad owns a 1.4 red vw polo which he is insured on.
tomorrow he will insure me on the car as a second driver

my question ...

blueeyeswaitingtoshi...
Can I drive a used car home without plates or should i put plates from old car on to drive home several miles?

Show all answers
Post your answer

ccgriffin1972
Rating
Get a bill of sale and drive the limit, get it legal a.s.a.p, most cops will understand.

If they dont you will get a ticket.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

rottonweiler
Rating
you should have insurance with your carrier if you just bought the car, like alfa will automatically give you 10 days to come in. call your local dmv. check their rules regarding grace period for registration of newly acquired vehicle

aphrodite24
Rating
Each state has different requirements and regulations regarding temporary plates or registration. You should contact the DMV directly to find out how to go about this process and avoid getting a ticket.

Michael M
Get temporary plates in your state. Far cheaper than the one time ticket for not having a registered car.
I did research on this to move a car from one state to another.
Believe me it will be cheaper.

mommy3
Rating
Go to the local motor vehicle administration and purchase a 15 day temporary tag to move the car. This is not more that 50.00 which is far less than if you put wrong tags on car and get pulled over.

mad_mike_j
You should get it registered and insured first. This is the best and safest way to avoid a ticket or being sued if you get into an accident.

However, most police will not ticket you for this. Some won't care. Make sure your drive the speed limit and drive carefully. Have the car you took the plate from drive behind you for protection. If you get into an accident, you are driving an uninsured car and could be sued.

I advise getting the registration and insurance. Why go through the headache if something goes wrong?

thomas m
Ok I would say to not do either.You will get in big trouble. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

BLUSKEYES
Rating
THEY ARE BOTH ILLEGAL. YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THE TIME TO REGISTER AND INSURE THE VEHICLE.

Ralfcoder
Rating
Both are illegal. Go register the car and get the legal plates - if they can't give them to you right there, you can get a temporary plate. In my state, that's good for 15 days, and the regular plates would be mailed to you.

NY1Krr
Neither. Get the car registered and insured before you drive it. Alot can happen in a couple of miles. If something does happen... you are royally Screwed!!

Some state insurance guidelines will insure any car that you buy automatically and give you 30 days to give the insurance company notice. Check with your local state guidelines to see if this is allowed. Otherwise, dont drive the car until it is insured and registered.

fideux
Both are illegal. However, if you drive without plates, but have just purchased the vehicle and have insurance, it is a small fine.

If you put the wrong plates on a vehicle, the car will be towed if you are caught, you will pay towing and impound fees, and still get a ticket. It is a much more serious charge.

The cheapest way to go if you don't want to get a ticket is to just have the car towed to where you want it until you get the proper paperwork to get it licensed.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, November 23, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy