Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Insurance & Registration
Legal Discussion Forum

 Can they claim from me (auto insurance - UK)?
A year ago, I drove into a parking space at a supermarket - my wife was a passenger in the car, a witness. As I was driving into my space, an old lady in the space to the left decided to back out and ...

 Driving w/o license on me?
I have my license its not suspended or anything but my purse got stolen so now I don't physically have it. Can I still drive without getting into trouble if I did happen to get pulled over?...

 Is this a Hit and Run? What should I do?
Okay, I am extremely freaked out right now!

I just got my full license about 2 months ago. I have been driving an Automatic transmission for more of my licensing process ...

 How do you know if your auto insurance is full coverage? my car is financed and i'm checking on geico.com?
i'm getting insurance quotes and normally i call and talk to someone and just say i was full coverage. i'm on geico.com and that's not an option. they'll let me select bodily ...

 When getting your permit do you have to take classes first or get the permit then take classes?

 How can i reduce my car insurance amount?i'm got my full drive licence 2 months ago?

 Where can I find a sample of a counter offer letter for an auto insurance company?
There was an accident and I just want the money back for medical and damage to my car without going to court. I made an offer and they came back really low. I don't want to appear as a ...

 How come there's no reg. catagories? it's all travel,states?
am i missing something something? ...

 I was involved in a hit and run that resulted in $3000 damage?
to my vehicle. If I report this to my insurance company, will it fall under comprehensive or collision? Additionally, will my rates go up? I have been with the same insurance company for 25 years. ...

 Is it true that avril lavigne got sued?
i heard someone saying that avril got sued ....

 I'm 20 years old and I was driving without a license in New York. What can I expect when I go to court?
I was getting off of a parkway and at the last minute decided to go left instead of right (stupid, I know). When I turned, I hit another car which turned out to be a sheriff... I was driving my ...

 How much will my insurance rate go up with six points in the State of MI?
How much will my insurance rates go up with six points on my license...spanning from 2006 to the present. These tickets are for 5 over speed or disobey traffic signal. Is there a possiblity my ...

 What types of car insurance are mandatory if you live in NJ?

 What do I need to bring with me to renew my permit?
I live in PA, and I'm going to the Penndot in Bensalem. Do I need my bring my birth certificate? Social security card? Anything?...

 How can i get road taxed?
I bought a new car today and want to drive it, but it doesnt have any road tax. Is there a way to get taxed today?
Additional Details
i have insurance and the MOT, but the DVLA website ...

 Im 23 yeas of age im looking for cheap car insurance as my name on 1st driver then my mums n dads?

 Can you apply for a drivers license in Massachusetts with an employment authorization card instead of a SSN?
One of these


 Can I be on my moms insurance with a car in my name?
I live in new jersey I am 18 years old buying my first car. It will be in my name, I am already on my moms insurance since I drive her car now but when I get my car it is going to be in my name......

 My license got suspended before i was able to fight it. are they allowed to do this?
ok tonight i found out my license was suspended. about 4 weeks ago i got pulled over for driving without insurance, it was my friends car and i was unaware of this. when i went to appear in court i ...

 In a car accident, what are the names of the people that come out and take pictures of your car?

California DMV and AAA?
My mom has a car that has be in non-operation status for over 2 years. I now have the money $$$$ to fix it. However, we need to get that red sticker in the window to show that the fees have been paid (so it will not be ticketed).

Once the motor is fixed, then we can get it smogged and THEN get the tags.

I was told from a friend that we can go to the AAA office and there is a DMV inside the AAA. I went online to the AAA website and it did NOT say anything about a car coming OFF OF non-operational status. (It did say what to do to put a car ON non-operational status).

If we decide to pay the fees online this coming Monday, we will not have that little red sticker that same day will we? I am taking that car in this Tuesday on the 17th. I can't wait for this thing to come in the mail. I need this sticker pronto.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Does anyone know of a AAA office near Perris, CA? In Riverside or Temecula? I do not want to get down to the AAA office and they tell my mother and I that they can not help me and we need to go to the "real" DMV office instead.
Time is of the essence.

Purchasing a new/used car is out of the question. Please, just answer the question. The car we have is paid off and has been paid off for some time, we just needed a LOT of money to fix it and now-I have the money. Another loan is not what we need.

Thank you
Additional Details
Na, the car is a 1999 and we do have the current information/statement for our tags. The tags are only $85, which is nothing compared to the oil pump that the car needs! It also only has about 83K miles on it. It always passed before, no reason it would not now. It's been sitting for 2 years.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Why not just skip all this foolishness and move back into the United States.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

AAA and the state DMV offices are completely different entities. That person must have had something completely confused.

Look... if you have AAA, you can have them tow the car to your repair shop, and your repair shops should be able to get you the inspection tag. You will probably need to go to the county courthouse where they do the plates and registration tags, and get fresh ones for that vehicle. I suspect you may have to bring one of the old plates off the car with you.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Benjamin W
The red temporary operating sticker (which is only good for 30 days) can ONLY be obtained at a DMV office. You can not get one by paying the fees online. Sorry.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

There is a DMV within the AAA office, but the DMV within the AAA office doesn't cover all of the DMV. You have to be a member of the AAA to get to use the DMV within the AAA.
If you are worry that the AAA doesn't cover, call AAA and asked them to transfer you to the DMV department and then you ask the question.

You shouldn't do the AAA online. You should go to the AAA office to go to the DMV.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Driving Instructor (BRAKE!)
Hi! Don't waste your time at the AAA office. Instead, go to the DMV website and find the field office closest to you.
AS you are in a "hurry" an appt. is apparently out of the question. As a result, plan on spending about an hour in line. BE SURE to take the most recent registration info. you have for the car. If you can't find the registration from ~2 yrs. ago, just be sure to copy the 17 digit VIN #. You'll find this on the drivers' door jamb and at the bottom of the windshiield. The DMV will need this # to research the latest registration.
You'll need to pay to bring the registration current and you'll be given a "red sticker" with a white # in the middle. That # is the MONTH by which you must complete the smog and other repairs.
By the way, how do you know it will pass the smog test? You better be reasonably certain it won't be classified as a "gross polluter."
You may also wish to check the BAR website for further info. It's also listed below. Good luck.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 30, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy