Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

What do think about Mexicans in a high school in california hanging the American flag upside down?
and displaying the mexican flag above the American flag? In our country (America) this is an act of war....

Can the United States stop illegall immigration if it really wanted to?
I'm just wondering, with the billions of dollars spent weekly on this "war against terror", gross goverment mispending, and the vasts amounts of capital in the treasury why cant we do ...

What if the U.S. became a hated country if they deported all the illegal immigrants?
Since the illegals are from all over the world, there are not only illegals from Mexico, but millions from Russia and China. And if they get deported, then the future would be a scary place to live ...

Why do immigrants go through so much Prejudice in this country?
I just have to ask that. I am a Nigerian and I come from an imagrant family. Even tho this is a nation built on immigration and this country is suppose to be the "Umbrella" of all cultures ...

What do you think about my plan for ending illegal immigration or at least putting a significant dent in it?
6 simple steps -

1 - Run multi-media adds warning illegals that they have 6 months to leave the country or face deportation and property confiscation. (This gives fair warning and many ...

Are there any Americans out there who think that Mexicans who have lived here illegally for?
more then five years and paid taxes and have never broken the law deserve to a resident ...

Why do you judge me.....?
Why do you judge all illegal immigrants. Not everyone is here illegally because they want to. It's not easy to get citizenship as many think. My parents brought me here when I was 1 year old and ...

How much do Mexicans really value family?
How much do they really value family.? If they are living meal to meal ,do they just have kids because that is what they are suppose to do, because everybody else does it? Do they ever stop and ...

Answer this!?
Would you let a homeless, jobless person sneak into your home, and on top of that tell you how to run your own house?? Then why is the united states allowing it?...

Do you think George Bush should give amnesty to the 20 million illegal aliens in this country?

Is it true that Adolf Hitler was not realy a German, but was in fact..?
..born in Ireland with the name Richard Murphy, then he moved to Germany and changed his name to Dick Tater?...

Why do people here lie? YOU DO HATE MEXICANS.?
Its obvious. In a question asked recently, a person said that all Mexicans are illegal immigrants. And people who corrected him (because any person with a brain knows this is not true) gave a thumbs ...

Does anybody else think it's rather strange...?
That our government puts so much effort and resources into 'security' of the homeland, then allows, even encourages 12-15 MILLION thirdworlders to walk right in?

How come middle-...

Is it true...?
that you get fat from eating a lot of food????...

Why pick on the Mexicans?
Almost all the question here are about the Mexicans. The were here first, along with the Indians. So perhaps all you that have Irish, African, German and all those other races from other countries ...

Do you agree with our mult-racial country????
How do people feel about living in a multi-racial society in our own country (UK).
Im not being racist but i just wondered how some other people felt about it and also if they were in power what ...

Why are us Americans so hypocritical???
We invade, rape, kill, immmigrate "illegally" which i don't think is possible. and then prohibit other people from doing it and then on the other hand celebrate christopher columbus ...

What is your opinion on illegal immigrants?
Like if you think that the president is doing the right thing sending the national grard down there. I personly think that the immigrants can come in if they want....

Should God not decide who is illegal ?
If God wanted a line in the sand would he not put it there. Americans belive there is a line along the northern section of Mexico and pretend it is a great sin if a Latino would decide to cross it ....

Muslim Veils...........?
Holland has recently banned the wearing of veils and the likes...........I think we should do the same in England, they've already sacked that teaching assistant who wouldn't take it off ...

mam.cyborg
Why are british people so snobby in general?
with my experience, i find that so many british people are so snobby and think that they are above everyone. why is that?
Additional Details
to Kris B: I didnt generalize...if you know HOW to read, i said so many people....i didnt say all brits are like that.

Show all answers
Post your answer

sam g
Rating
i think you may have just been meeting the wrong British people, or it may just be how some of our accent come across to some people because we aren't all 'have a nice day y'all ' and stuff, we are in general a very nice and friendly nation, come talk to me and you'll find out!! :)

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Insomniac
Yes, we are all snooty and aloof, and as a Canadian, you all wear flannel shirts, shoot every meal you eat, live in log cabins which you build yourself, and cut down trees for a living, (or is that just a habit now?)

I'm so glad we have reached this accord.

rudeboyx29
Rating
Im american.. I think Brits are great as many as Ive met they all rock...

seaside_girl_03
This isn't only true of british people. Human beings are programmed to think about survival, they forms groups with similar people to protect themselves and increase their chances of survival, anyone who is different is a threat and therefore on the receiving end of sometimes less than pleasant behaviour. Snobbishness is a term used when british people behave this way but they really aren't alone in doing this.

dantherandommanapple
Are you American? Because we're not all like the British shown on t.v.
snobbishness tends to lie with money - generally middle classes are snobby and that's worldwide.

aldo67uk
Snobby is not the word............ Arrogant, more like it.

Ste444
Rating
You obviously didn't visit Liverpool while you were here. Liverpool people are so down to earth and genuine. Their far from snobby. I guess you met a bad group of people here in the UK but lets face it theres snobs everywhere in the world. You should visit again and come to Liverpool its cool here and I doubt they'll be much snobs, and if there is most of them grew up on housing and council estates so theres nothing to be snobby about.

Mike10613
Rating
Snobby? We're not, we're just generally superior.... It's probably the Queen's fault. She makes people Lords, Dukes and gives them titles and if you don't speak properly - you're generally speaking only fit to repair roads and collect garbage. Occasionally, people with regional accents make it to positions of power. But rarely get to make it into the aristocracy. Women of course do better - they just marry in to it. But we do have an whole generation that say Da - instead of The. I think it's a Russian influence.... That has changed to dat, and isn't it to Innit, apostrophes have virtually disappeared from the written word. Incidentally, we are British with a capital B. I was reading today about an native American Indian who was a princess. Her royal highness wasn't treated with much respect it seems. Maybe, that is a problem with Americans they envy the British their royalty and refuse to recognise their own....

Sherzade
Rating
We are not snobbish though i will say we do like to put on our airs and graces Lol :)

keefer
Rating
I wouldn't say that on the whole British people were snobbish. It is the stereotype along with us being aloof and reserved that we have to live with I suppose. Most British people that went abroad in the past were the richer folk who could afford to. At the time they did have a sense that they were better than others. They saw themselves as having a great Empire so they thought that must mean they were a cut above. Sadly that now seems to be the common perception of ordinary British people. All rolled up brollies, pin striped suits, bowler hats and "Yoiks Tally Ho and Away doncha know?" Now that more people in our country go abroad they are quite mystified by this kind of reaction to us.
Your statement is a sweeping generalisation akin to me saying "Why are all Americans cowboys who like to ride the open prairies shooting everyone with their rifles?" 60 million people live in the UK. We can't all be snobs.

nothing
Rating
Yeah, like why can't they be more like the American people? Humble, polite, unassuming, all around good natured and easy to get along with.

BluntTrama
Rating
Maybe you are mistaking the accent for snobbishness. Generalizations are never a good thing. (And that's one of the few generalizations I allow myself to make.)

Chris M
Rating
British people are so snobby, because in modern society we were the last nation to rule most of the world.

90% of inventions and breakthrough, over the last 200 years have been british...and that includes inventing America.

Also, English is spoken in every corner of this planet? Why is that?

Basically put, we are snobby because we are better. We are above everyone because we belong to the greatst country for the last 500 years!

And i am also scottish...which makes me evern better than the rest of the UK!

Hooray for me!

:)

obscureguitarhero
Rating
If you've only met snobs then you were lucky. Just wait until you meet some reverse-snobs.

Anyway, we are above everyone else. Why is that so difficult to understand? It's not about money, power, or how many hamburgers you can stuff down your gullet. It's about class. Sheer, bloody class. We're brimming with it, lad, and don't you forget it.

Osh Aka Oisinmagic
Rating
Ha ha snobby I feel insulted not all English people are like that, that's just the same as saying that all Muslims are terrorists. Ignorance try meeting some real English people and you'll notice a difference, I grew up in a loving family where I did'nt have everything handed to me on a plate.
And why judge people you have never met.

barmyowlscoo
Rating
Why? are you like your ethnic stereotype?

azaa
thats not true! i dont think im above everyone else. all the british people i know are very considerate though.

Jude
Rating
Well your experience must be very limited then. I don't think that I am above other people at all, and neither to my friends or family.

Tell us your nationality and I can probably find a racial stereotype to suit you too.

lozzielaws
Im so far from snobby... I pick my nose and fart in public. definitely not a snob.

Karljt
Rating
That is London's fault, the rest of the country isn't that bad but Londoners are so "up themselves"

Kris B
Maybe they felt like you were stupid or something. Sometimes people who make large scale generalizations are viewed by others as stupid. Stupid people don't get treated as equals.

By saying "why are british people so snobby in general" you are making a LARGE SCALE GENERALIZATION - which merely means that you are applying your opinion to a majority of a group - I never said you were saying that ALL british people were snobby. In case YOU can read dumbass.

deadly
I say steady on. Us British chaps are real gentlemen. We just love the better things in life. One buys ones food in Fortnams and clothes In Seville Row. The idea that one should acknowledge you when passing in the Rolls does not mean I have to like you. At Oxford we were taught to be above the normal people and if you do not like it F**k off.

Abigail L
Rating
Maybe that's just the ones you've met. I know for a fact that not all British citizens are snobby

paula p
Rating
I am British and I am not snobby or think I am above any one else, you shouldn't judge everybody as a whole there are are all kinds of people in England and I dont think they are snobby, well maybe some of the upper class could be.

British people have a different type of humour to American people that's what makes us seem different.

not sure
that depends on if you mean our great divide england,scotland,ireland and wales. in my experience scottish,irish people are always friendly. Englisg sometime and welsh dont know.no offence intended.

pebs
We are not snobby, Where did you get that idea you lower class person!! lol

Peakey
Thats a bit of a generalisation.

Perhaps you should get to know more british people before you decide on a whole nation.

Edward R
Rating
No way. (well maybe Londoners)

Those of us from 'up north' are always saying 'ow much poorer we are than anyone else.

the_wall
I do not believe that they are 'snobby'. It's just part of their lifestyle. A Brit will always help you out.

tjstarbe
you're joking right?? then you've never met me. i couldn't be snobby to save my life!

?
Cuz they think just cuz they invented English and drink tea with there pinkies up means they can have their heads up their butts.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy