Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

 Was given a "coded landing" stamp by UK immigration - what to do?
I'm an NZ citizen and used to live and work in the UK on an ancestry visa but left in 2006. I am currently employed outside of the EU but am back in London on holiday until 1st of May. I am ...

 Notice from USCIS saying come in for biometrics for green card..?
I'm under my father who filed petition for employment-based visa, category (E3). We've filed I-485 as well. I've had my work permit for well over a year..

I think my ...

 How can a person verify that a visa has been issued to someone in a foreign country to come to the USA?

 Validating ID documents - Passports, ID cards, Visa's?
Are there any products available (software or hardware) that reliably detect counterfeit/forged identity documents such as passports, visa's and ID cards.

Many T...

 How do I become an immigration lawyer?
I'm interested in becoming an immigration lawyer but I'm not sure what is required. I am fluent in two languages (English and Spanish) and I'm working on a 3rd (German). I'm a ...

 Fortification along France's border with Germany?
(2 words) World War 2...

 URGENT: got laid-off and transferred H1B to two companies?
I got laid off and a consultancy company (A) applied to transfer my H1B. I've received the receipt number from them but I haven't received any pay from them since they couldn't put me ...

 What type of VISA will i need?
After ive leaft college, i plan to go to the USA to stay with my girlfriend for a while. i know you can only stay there for 3 months without a VISA. I know there are many different types of VISA, and ...

 Who do i need to contact to work apply for a job with Qatar airlines?
Hi who do i need to contact in dubai if i want apply for a job with qatar airlines as an air hostess....

 Hey Can Anyone Give Me some Info?
Hi, well my husbands case just completed on April 30,2009 for a CR1 Visa, when do you think he'll have his interview, maybe in June?? i believe they schedule interviews during the second week of ...

 Does anybody know if you need visas for animals to enter the us?
my family are planning on moving to los angeles some time soon but we have two cats and a dog and i was wondering if you need visas for them to enter the country?, thanks....

 How to get a green card a live in USA?
hello,I'm vietnamese. i want to asked for my parents. so they're plan to bought a real estate in USA .so could they get into a citizen of USA?? and if I couldn't ,what'r condition ...

 How long does it take to get US citizenship?
I am a 18 yr old living in america for about 16 years. I ama legal resident with a green card.. how long will it take for me to get my american citizenship???...

 I am a permanent resident in Canada.I want to bring my fiancee here.how can I?
My fiancee lives in Iran by now....

 Date problem for immigrant students :(?
I'm 18 yr, i live in montreal around 5 month and i made a girlfriend from mexico... i met her in the school n we made up around 2 weeks
but both of us not speak french fluently n she can...

 Green card forms filing order?
Can anyone tell me in which order my husband and I should file the

I-130 (petition for immigrant visa)
I-765 EAD (temporary work document)
I-131 (Advanced parole)
I-485 (...

 Want to ask questions to a politician here is a great opportunity ?
an event called jaagore is conducted on 5th of this january to register your votes and a sub event called big fight is taking place in MVSR engg college in nadergul near owaisi hospital the events ...

 Can a Non EU person that's married to an EU person, study in another EU country?
- I'm a Malaysian (Non EU) married to an Irish (EU).
- We're both residing here in Ireland.
- I have my Stamp 4 (entitled to work without permit and remain in I...

 Job for a brazilien for a spouse of an american professor?
I have a strong skills in management account in Brazil. My english is not so great.How and where I can started to look for a job in US ?
Additional Details
I didn't meant that my ...

 Can a mexican woman who lives legally in usa and study can get residence?
im from mexico and i want to study in usa arabic and medicine i want to become a resident to work and do better i also want to live in the middle east i found a job for arabic speakers in usa i need ...

My husband has an approved I-130. Can he get a work permit?
We filed the I-130 and it was approved. We later received and I-797 Notice. Can he travel within the US with that approval notice. What happens if he gets caught by ICE? Can he get a work permit in the meantime? He is guatemalan and I'm a US citizen.

Show all answers
Post your answer

helen a
He has to wait for his temp resident card for now. Dont worry doesnt take much time, and good luck!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

No restriction for travel within the U.S. He can file for a work permit at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d502194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=1847c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Lots of useful info at http://www.visajourney.com

He should also file for adjustment of status I-485 since there is an approved I-130.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

verne k
If he travels he should carry the I-797. To apply for employment
authorization while the I-485 is pending he should submit Form I-765
Application for Employment Authorization along with a copy of the
I-797. You may be able to file electronically . No fee is required.
See the USCIS web site for the form and instructions.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Has your husband filed I485? He can file it and send a copy of the I797 notice with it. He can also file for a Employment Authroization Card (form I765) along with I485 if he wants.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

I-130 approval doesn't give him any status. He needs to apply I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident of Adjustment of Status.

Along with I-485, he can apply I-765 Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and I-131 Advanced Parole Travel Document.
With the I-765 approval, he will get EAD card which is work permit.

If he and you didn't file I-485 with I-130, do it ASAP.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 31, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy