Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

 How can I work in Australia legally?
I'm going to be 20 this year, but have no recognized skills. I am only a Year 11 equivalent. I wish to move to Australia to be with my de-facto spouse, but we've been together only 6 months ...

 What is the current immigration policy in America?
I am doing debate on the immigration policy... the side where immigrants should be allowed.. but what is the actual policy?...

 My surname has mistaken as my first name in my passport. how to change? what is the procedure?

 Transfer of H1B to B2 visa?
I am a H1B visa holder who expects to be laid off in another two weeks. I am thinking of applying for a change of visa status from H1B to B2. Once I find a job I am planning on changing the ...

 Marrying a foreigner on work visa?
Me and my love are madly in love with each other and we are going to get married. I am an US citizen and she is a foreigner here on work visa, working in the US. I never been to her country before.<...

 TIER 1 GENERAL VISA - Entry deadline?
I have a valid Tier 1 Visa to work in the UK. Is there a stipulated time period by when I have to enter the UK, or is it open to enter within the three year validity period. There are so many ...

 Can you have a double citizenship? Canadian and American?
I am Canadian, and wish to be an American citizen as well. I only want to become an American IF I can keep my Canadian citizenship, because I am a VERY proud Canadian. I want it because I plan to ...

 Uk Youth Mobility Scheme Visa, I have a few questions?
Hi I am canadian, and I would like to go to England and live there with my Fiancee who is a british citizen. Because of my age and etc, the youth mobility scheme best suits me for now. But it's ...

 Are anti-immigration people ignorant?
So i have read these forums and there are many people who say deport them all, illegals are criminals, illegals drain our tax system etc. etc. but do they take a minute to examine both sides of the ...

 I am immigrating to Canada soon, I hate Taiwan!?
i hope god will send me through because i think taiwan is a corrupted country. People are corrupted, co-workers are corrupted, the system is corrupted...talent is not that important here. People ...

 If you are a chinese citizen, do you need passport to go to Taiwan?

Additional Details
(Because China has the "One China Policy", they don't recognize Taiwan as a country..That's what I heard)...

 Getting a greencard through marriage?
I might be marrying my sweety next winter and then move to the states ( i am currently in canada) the thing is i have a 3year old son , i understand i can get a green card through marriage but what ...

 How long can "indefinite leave to enter the UK" immigration status stay outside the UK?

 US Citizenship eligibility for wife with Permanent Residency?
I just got my US Citizenship in Sep 08. My wife got her GC in Sep 06. I saw the N400 form and it states that wife can apply for citizenship after 3 yrs of stay with USCitizen ...However it also ...

 Malaysia passport expired?
anyone know that what happen if the passport already expired but i am still aboard??
i have a friend forget to renew the passport while travel around the world ......

 Do I need to apply for a visa to Switzerland for traveling trip within 4 days?
I am from Vietnam. I have been studying in the Netherlands for 5 years. Currently, I have a Netherlands residence permit card. In the past, I traveled to France, Belgium and Germany without applying ...

 American moving to Australia and employment?
Is it easy for an Ex-military American to find a good job relating to their military specialities such as Mechanics in Australia, without being an Australian resident or citizen, or having any formal ...

 How to move to america?
I'm proud to be British but I do not like my country. I want to finish in education study journalism at college, take a trip round the states and if i like it i want to move to America. I am ...

 Does having a grandparent who was a canadian citizen help if I seek citizenship?
I'm an american citizen; my grandfather was a canadian citizen...he had permission to reside in the US (he had to go back every five years to renew his permission), but he never obtained ...

 Iam a us citizen currently living in india to meet my daughter my passport going to expire can i renewed india?

How can my husband (American) and I (Canadian) move to Canada?
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen who is currently living in the United States with my husband. We were married 6 months ago and have not yet filed for any paperwork for my in the states. Now we are thinking that we would rather live back in Canada and do not need to bother with me filling out lots of expensive paperwork here if we want to move back anyways...my question is what do we need to do in order to be able to move back and for him to be able to work and live there? Are we allowed to move before we apply for anything or does that all have to be done before he will be allowed in with me? Any help would be very appreciated!
Thank you!

Show all answers
Post your answer

irmano c
google INS
and go the immigration wesite and follow instructions,,,,

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You can start your sponsorship application from the US because you are a Canadian citizen but you would need to convince immigration that you are going to move to Canada when he gets PR. Something to use as proof could be a job offer, being accepted to a university, having housing lined up for you, letters from family saying they know of your plans and that you can stay with them until you find housing etc. etc.

If you go to Canada before doing the paperwork, your husband can come with you as a visitor but he's not allowed to work. You can file for his sponsorship either with him officially living in Canada or him officially not living in Canada, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp#step1

The difference is that if he's living in Canada, his application will be processed entirely in Canada. You can apply for a visit visa extension and open work permit at the same time and if all goes well, he might get the first stage approval and open work permit in 6 months or so and PR in 12 to 18 months. However, it is not advisable to travel while this application is being processed because if for any reason he be denied entry to Canada again, that application and all the waiting time you've already completed would be gone. If something goes wrong with the application, it would be forwarded to the local immigration office without first stage approval which means you'd be waiting for an interview from them which can take 1-3 years if they are busy and he would be stuck in Canada and not able to work.

If you apply with him officially not living in Canada, even though he's staying with you with visitor status, he would be able to travel while the application is being processed. He might have to go to the US for an interview. He could expect to have permanent residency in 5-10 months. He could still stay in Canada more than 6 months by filing a visitor extension application before his visitor status expires.

This board here would be very helpful for you: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

are you currently living legally in USA?

if you are then you can apply while still living in Usa. If not then you might be wise to move to Canada before you apply.

You can move back to Canada and apply for PR from inside Canada BUT he cannot work or study for part of the process. YOU MUST get a job to support him.

There are 2 separate paths you can choose:
(1) Family Class (outside processing), Spouse / Common-law Partner category, (outside)
(2) Spouse / Common-law Partner in-Canada Class. (inside)

Family Class (outside processing), Spouse / Common-law Partner category is generally much faster and the PR applicant can be either inside or outside Canada anytime during the application. If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen, then the sponsor can sponsor while being outside Canada, as long as the sponsor can show intention and plan to return to Canada as soon as the spouse's PR application is approved. The PR applicant can also stay in Canada temporarily if that you can manage to do it legally by his/her own merit. However this class will not help the PR applicant to stay in Canada while waiting for the approval, and documentation requirement may be a bit more.

Spouse / Common-law Partner in-Canada Class will allow the PR applicant keep extending your stay in Canada and the documentation requirement may be less. However it generally take longer time (12 to 18 months at present) . Generally the PR applicant will have to stay in Canada during the application process, and during most of that time the applicant will NOT be eligible to work or study and in some provinces may not be eligible for health coverage until the first stage is reached. The PR applicant must also be required to enter Canada legally before starting the application.

Here are some links to help you choose.
who can and cannot apply (eligibility)
how to apply - inside or outside application

and you can contact the below immigration group for more help. They know everything about spousal sponsorship to Canada

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

You need the paperwork before your husband moves. You could go first and sponsor him. That's usually the quickest.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy