Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think the border patrol will ever catch speedy Gonzales?

Illegal is illegal right???
say you driving and you find your self speeding,ran a red light, changed lanes with out putting your turning signal do you go to the cops and let them know what you did and ask for a citation for ...

American supporters of Illegal immigration....?
What exactly are you supporting? The breaking of American laws?

If you're so worried about these people why not join together and form a non-profit group that would aid them in ...

Deportation of Illegal Immigrants?
Many illegals have children that are born US citizens. How do we deport these illegals when we have no right to deport their children? Our foster system is already over loaded, we cant force a ...

What do you think David Cameron will do about immigration?
do you think people who want to come here (teachers, doctors, and other skilled workers) will be allowed to come in and settle (those who come here and pay taxes and not drain the state)? This ...

Have Americans gotten so brainwashed to be politically correct and not racist..?
That we cant even stand up for what is right? We cant even stand up for our country? and say enough free rides for illegals is enough? Who will suffer if we dont make a stand for our own? Our ...

Statistics on 'Hard-Workin' Immigrants?
Is True ? The vast majority of illegal immigrants in America are Mexican, who were once proverbial for laziness and crime, but now are championed by the liberal media (NY Times) and neoconservative ...

Illegal Immigrant get drivers license using someone elses SSN?
Can an Illegal Immigrant get a drivers license using someone elses Social Security Number(stealing it of course) but using their real name!?!?!? Oh my god,someone told me about this and I was shocked,...

Do you need a passport Passport?
Is it true that you now need a passaport to get in the us going threw the border in car or walking, i travel to mexico often and when i pass threw usaully they aske for drivers license or my birth ...

What country would you emigrate to if you felt politically oppressed in the U.S.A.?
Just Hypothetical Lists the reasons why you think that country would be the best place to go
Additional Details
Question has nothing too do with fighting it is only to discover which ...

Do you agree or disagree with the statement below?
By insisting that every American citizen be treated the same, the Civil Rights Movement brought change that uplifted both the letter and the spirit of the law. But what illegal aliens seek is change ...

When you think of the words "illegal immigrant" who comes to mind and why?
Please no direspectful answers. I don't want to know your feelings towards immigrants, just who and why?...

Did you see that Maywood CA lowered the American flag and raised the Mexican flag?
http://youtube.com/watch...

If the oil industry used cheap illegal immigrant labor would the price of gas go down?

Do the people left in Mexico have the Internet?

Additional Details
thx RogerG that's what I was curious ...

Britain needs to wake up to the fact that its losing its heritage and culture.?
Stop immigration and bogus Asylum seekers flooding Britain................

If mexico is so great, why do they come here?

Do you think illegal aliens who have US born citizen children should be allowed to stay in this country?
I have no doubt in my mind that there must be a number of US citizens that were born to illegal aliens, that have made immense contribution to and immense sacrifice for this country. I think Senator ...

Rare , Should we build a fence/wall? Yes or no . period?
I Am. Absolutely No Amnesty for Illegals (all) does not matter nationality
Additional Details
O.k who gets in?...

Why do mexicans complain about how life in mexico is so bad yet?
when they come here illegally they have there flag everywhere, if mexico's good enough to show a mexican flag why not stay there, why come to the U.S and represent your flag here instead of an U....

DaisyCake
Don't need proof of citizenship to vote?
Today's Chicago Tribune had an article about a woman (legal immigrant) who registered to vote, and did vote, even though she is not yet a citizen. ICE is considering deporting her.

Here's the shocker: federal law apparently forbids the registrar from asking for proof of US citizenship! That's right - if someone checks that he/she is a citizen, we take them at face value without even asking if they're sure.

Should this be changed? What's the best way to do so without opening it up to charges of prejudicial treatment?
Additional Details
As a legal immigrant, she was issued a social security number and a drivers license. It was while getting the DL that she registered to vote.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Alex_F
Rating
This has probably been blown out of proportion.

I know for a fact that to register to vote, they require a US passport number (to confirm that you are a citizen) or a US social security number (so they can check if you are a citizen) at the very least. This is what I was asked for when I registered.

Secondly, you require a Voter Registration Card or State ID to actually vote.

They definately do not just take peoples word for it.

EDIT: I see that I am wrong about this. All that I can say in my defense is that when I originally registered to vote, I did so from abroad and was asked for a US passport number and/or social security number and US drivers licence number (if applicable).

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Princess Picalilly
She committed fraud in claiming to be a citizen and obtaining a right granted only to citizens. She is a criminal and needs to be deported.

If one registers to vote, proof of citizenship should be demanded.

gomanyes562
Rating
I have no idea what "federal law" you're talking about. They have every right to ask for proof of citizenship.

Darkwolf
Rating
I feel absolutely no pity for her. Voter fraud is a serious crime.

you should be REQUIRED to prove right-to-vote in order to both register and vote.

use a STATE ID card. they're cheap.

I don't see anything prejudicial about requiring ID for voters. people whine: "but what about poor people?"

a state ID isn't expensive. It's, what, $4 for 6 years?

Kristofer K
Rather odd...considering everytime I have gone to vote, I am asked to present my state identification (Driver's License) or my Voter's Registration card to show that I am registered to vote and in the correct district.

Dec08Mommy
Rating
Drivers license is required to register to vote and also every time a vote is cast

Ms.L.A.
Rating
The only people who would take offense to identifying themselves would be those with no ID, don't you think? I always have to show my drivers license to vote and I wouldn't be opposed to a birth certificate and SS# s well. What ever it takes to keep illegals out of the polling places. We may need to go to finger printing, I'd do that with no problem as well.

DankRuse
Hell yes this should be changed!! The libs always say that asking for ID at polling places makes the poor not vote because they cannot afford an ID. BS!!! If no one is checking ID's then they can get a whole lot more illegals to vote for them with the promise of amnesty.

tonalc1
Rating
In most states, you are required to provide your driver's license number and/or SSN (or at least the last four numbers).

slew
Heck, there was a legal immigrant who ran for city council and won in California. It took us a while to figure out what happened.

We even have large groups of illegal immigrants voting. It may have affected a congressional seat in Orange county.

Mattymc323
Rating
A great example of how the government just can't seem to follow through and make any policy effective. I think polital correctness and the fear of offence is killing our political system.... what ever happened to sovernty ? We have to be a bit exclusive with these things. If she isn't a citizen yet she has no buisness voting in our elections.

Thomasina Paine
They didn't ask me anything when I registered to vote. And I didn't have to show them anything - I did it at the same time I got my license so I only had the temp license.

yes - anyone can vote. and it sure explains all those votes for John Kerry.

hockey g
No you don't need proof of citizenship,
It is illegal for them to vote but, then again, it is illegal for them to be here, it is illegal for them to drive but that doesn't stop them.
During their marches, they held signs which said "Today we march, tomorrow we vote." La Racist Unida brags about registering voters. Who do you think elected the LA Mayor, Antonio Vilagoracist? California is full of "Sanctuary" cities that are 100% illegal alien. They will vote and no one will question them.Yes it should be changed and who cares if someone pulls the race card? They will do so because they know they are in the wrong and that will be their only defense.

Phil M
Rating
Somethings amiss here, they make sure you're a citizen when registering to vote, now at the actual polls they only ask for ID to confirm who you are and that you are at the proper precinct.

Should we make sure citizens are eligible to vote? We already do, so yes.

And its definitely prejudiced...we are prejudiced against non-citizens voting.

youarewrongbobisright
Rating
Unfortunately the ID requirement that many above me have noted as a bar to illegal voting has far too many instances of fraud for many, myself included.

Drivers licenses can be legally acquired by illegal aliens in several states (mine included - WA).

Some states have other requirements such as social security numbers and we all know that there are likely several million numbers out there that are being used illegally right now.

The truth is that many illegals do vote, although I feel the numbers are inflated by some conspiracy theorists.

But the real argument is why not just mandate that EVERYONE show a valid ID that only legal citizens can obtain. No discrimination since everyone would have one. Some argue that it would place an undue burden on the poor. I don't buy that.

WhereTheBuffaloRoam
Rating
When I was at the motor vehicles they asked me if I was a us citizen. That was done first. But as I think about it, anyone could say "Yes" to that question whether they are or aren't.
Then they asked me if I wanted to register to vote. And I did.

This is in Ohio. So its different here than it is there.

steddy voter
My state is really lax. They've never asked me for ID or my registration card. It has actually bothered me, because anyone could go in and forge my signature (you can see a copy of it on the page while you're signing). Back when I registered, all they asked for was mail verifying my address, and they looked to see that my parents (who were registered) were at the same address. I've moved 4 times, no one has ever asked for anything at those 4 places. And, I'm still on the books where I lived when I was 18 (my parents see it every election listed under thier names). I haven't voted there in over 14 years.

I really think we need to have federal guidelines, because some states are really strict, others are really lax. As it is now, its up to the states to set the guidelines.

Adrian N
In California (where there are tons of illegals) all you need to vote is a Photo ID. All you need to register is to fill out the form and check "Yes" about citizenship.

Why do you think the left wants Driver's Licenses for illegals so badly?

Robert P
Rating
should this be changed? ...bet all Democrats would answer NO !... the illegal spanish vote is what is going to win this election for them

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy