Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Immigration
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do American companies hire illegal aliens, if America doesn't like illegal aliens?
And how many americans actually do the research to see if the business they are patronizing hires illegals?...

For/Against illegals getting path to citizenship?
Are you for or against illegal immigrants being granted a path towards US citizenship?...

The phrase cheap labor is it a myth, a farce and a lie?
there is no such thing as cheap labor.take for example, an illegal mexican who sneaks in here with his wife and five kids .he takes a job for 5 or 6 dollars an hour. ...

What is the best way to secure our borders?

If The U.S. closed its borders tomorrow, what effect would this action have on your life?

How would whites be treated in America by other races if they were the minority?

Should I call the INS?
I don't really like the guy who does the landscaping work in our complex, but his girlfriend is really beautiful. I think they are both illegal immigrants. If I call the INS I am worried they ...

How come illegals remain here when they know they are not wanted?

Additional Details
Not everyone..just the ...

All you legal immigrants from Mexico?
You know what the process is to come to the USA, and you did it right. (I know the process too, I know what you went through)

What do you think of someone from Mexico that thinks they ...

Should ICE set up checks points at Walmarts ?
I think we could net about 500 illegal aliens a day under this plan....

This is the land of the free,home of the brave....etc etc?
Being that this land we live in is the land of the free,WHY should anyone have to assimilate?Why can't we all live and let live?
Yes,I know speak English...blah,blah,blah,Other than that ...

Which European nation is the most racist?

Additional Details
j o y ce: ok, but what's yours?...

Would you turn in a next door neighbor that was an illegal alien but was a hard working honest family man?

Additional Details
Yes, we know he is illegal
What if he is here because our country wants/allows him here. Is not the country partly responsible....

Did you know that Arizona, New Mexico, California, Texas and Nevada were once part of MEXICO?

Why are people who don't agree with immigration branded "racist"?
It seems nowadays we should are being told by the media and the government that we should be ashamed of being white because of the tiny minority who are (wrongly) racist? How come we rarely, if ever, ...

Who really cares that the Mexicans want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish?
Hell, black people have been singing it in their style for decades. Anyway Mexican are the most racist people in America today.
Additional Details
I'm just saying it only a song. If ...

Should we rejoice in having a multi cultural society?
I think the answer must be yes. We profited from exploitation under 'The Empire' and owe a debt to the races that come here. It is not a guestion of them integrating with us but more us ...

When will you brits grow some brains about immigration?
the british people are made up of a old mix of gemanic,gallic and scandinavian people who in turn ran the native people into the hills of wales and scotland-then when they found a patriotic unity ...

Where do you work, how do you like it and how much do you get payed?
I need answers even if it's in the wrong ...

Are you against illegal immigration or in favor of it?

!truth!
Anchor babies? Should the Constitution be amended or change?
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/eveningnews/main3420.shtml
Additional Details
All those who agrees should contact their appropriate senators and congressperson and tell them of your desire pertaining to denying anchor babies birth rights.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Claudia Q
what if you weren't supposed to be an "anchor baby"? i hate the term, my mother had me when she was fixing her papers here in the US, and i'm sick and tired of being referred to as an anchor baby by ignorant idiots. if you're born here, you deserve to be here. you're blaming children for their parent's crime. have you stopped to think beyond your apparent hate about the children? how would they feel?

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Eric C
Rating
It shouldn't be amended or change.It is fair the way it is.

martina
Rating
The 14th Amendment guarantees U.S. citizenship to any child born in America...this is and always will be the American way.

Marissa S/Realdeal
Rating
Yeah it should be amended back to once the slaves were freed. Anybody after that, that immigrated, and had kids the kids are anchor babies. End of story. I guess I'm an anchor baby coz my relatives immigrated in the great Irish migration. Back to Ireland for me, yippee always wanted to go there!

NSA
The 14th should be amended to eliminate any confusion. The 14th is outdated, and does not reflect the current situation. Eliminate anchor baby status.

Francesca Thomas
Yes the laws and the constitution must be changed.

UK changed their laws 25 years ago - in 1983.
New Zeland has recemtly changed their laws as well.

I wish Canada would hurry up and do the same thing.

Marine5
Rating
INS is already enforcing it...

Tallyman
Rating
we need to push the idea of anchor babies to our Senators and Congressman NOW! THIS LAW must be changed, no citizenship just for being born here, it is that way in other countries, so why does the USA allow it? I have a friend born in Korea during the war to an American Father and a Korean Mother, the Korean Government still WILL NOT GIVE him citizenship, and he had to wait years to get legal papers in the USA!

fwrsxs200jsxc
Rating
No, we should just do a better job securing our borders

Sherilynne B
It doesn't need to be changed, we only need a ruling from the Court that is is not being interpreted correctly. The law was NEVER meant to include Anchors as citizens.

Marguerite
Rating
I am so sick of pro-amnesty twits being so concerned about the "rights" of people that shouldn't even be here.

If the illegals had obey the law, like they were suppose to, these children wouldn't have even been born here. We would not be having this discussion!

Enforce our laws and they will self-deport! AZ has the right idea!

TLB
Ten percent of all births in the U.S. are to illegal immigrants. In Los Angeles and Houston and other large cities, two-thirds of all births are to illegal immigrants. These children automatically become citizens and the parents become eligible for taxpayer-funded benefits. Yet nearly every industrialized country in the world requires at least one parent to be a citizen or legal immigrant before the child is automatically considered a citizen.

This granting of automatic citizenship comes from a misinterpretation of the Fourteenth Amendment. It was drafted after the Civil War to guarantee that the recently freed slaves gained full citizenship rights. When it was enacted in 1868, there were no illegal immigrants in the United States because there were no immigration laws. Therefore, drafters of the Amendment could not have intended to benefit those in our country illegally.

Legal experts disagree as to whether a constitutional amendment or a federal statute is needed to eliminate automatic birth citizenship. Congress arguably has the power, and the responsibility, to act for three reasons: 1) No Supreme Court case has dealt directly with the offspring of illegal immigrants and the question of automatic citizenship; 2) the Constitution expressly gives Congress the power to decide national immigration policies; and 3) during the debate on the Fourteenth Amendment in 1866, the Senator who was its author said it would "not of course include persons born in the United States who are foreigners." Congress is long overdue in making sure the Fourteenth Amendment is correctly interpreted.

resilience
Rating
Thank you, this issue constantly gets swept under the rug and needs to change NOW.

Pfo
It needs to be changed. The concept of anchor babies was initially written in to accommodate if someone was pregnant and legitimately visiting America. It was not meant to be a way to sneak someone into the country for automatic citizenship.

A fair alternative would be for anchor babies to inherit whatever rights they have to visit this country from their parents. So if mom is on a 2 year visa to the US, the baby gets an automatic 2 year visa that expires with the mother's. This would mean for illegals that their children are as illegal as they are.

matt
changed. that was put in place for American Indians and is now perverted by border jumping mexicans, which the majority of have no interest in becoming Americans. The only interest they have is to milk our system of everything we established to make American lives better not illegal aliens.

Jedi Master Titus Pullo (USA)
yes, that illegal alien in the cbsnews story cost the taxpayers of USA $4,700

btw we paid for her to have her baby here?

TheEmporer'sNewClothes
Since the law (14th Amen) was judged (erroneously in my mind) to be inclusive of AB, yes, the Constitution would need to be amended to change that.

I believe it should be. This, our country, needs the facility to turn of the "people pooper" when too many people have pooped on in. Legally or otherwise.

It's like getting running water piped up to your kitchen and having no way to shut it off ...it just keeps coming and coming and coming. Pretty soon you drown in what originally was put in so you cold get a drink.

We need some control and enforcement in this country, otherwise we will be inundated with more than we can tolerate, afford or handle.

Saint Christopher Walken
Yes, it is high time that something is done about 'anchor babies', - as well as the plethora of other loopholes in our system of immigration.
-

whiskeyman510
Nothing should be amended or changed, we just need to actually FOLLOW our Constitution.

If your parents are here illegally YOU are here illegally no matter where you were born.

deport_scum
Rating
YES yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This ammendment was NEVER meant to allow criminal invaders to become citizens!!

mark77mer
Rating
The anchor baby thing should be scrapped as soon as possilble.

pink1957girl
The 14th amendment is being mis-interpreted. This was for the children of slaves, not the children of illegal aliens that are breaking our laws.

Whatever it takes, these children should not be GIVEN citizenship. IT'S WRONG!

spqr_us
Of course it should be ammended. These folks are all fraudsters toss the anchors back to Mexico and that crap wil end in two shakes of a Vincente' Fox's tail.

Oh BTW the woman posting above me is actually more correct. The current anchor baby phenomenon is actually a matter of interpretation of the court. The Constitution does not explicitly grant citizenship. Having said this don't look for those traitors in the Senate or the illegal alien slave master Pelosi to let that stand anytime soon. She and the Senate incluing Juan McShamnesty have sold their souls to their drug lord masters in Mexico city.

Mexico hates their own citizens and would react with disgust and outrage if their own citizens returned. As a result of the cutoff of welfare to the millions of moochers they'd close the border themselves...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, December 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy