Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Embassies & Consulates
Legal Discussion Forum

What do diplomats do?
I have no idea what diplomats do?!!!! I have a lot of friends whose parents are diplomats but they dont seem to know either......

Does marriage to an Australian citizen make you a citizen?
My girlfriend is Finnish and is moving to live with me in Australia and start university. If we are married, does she become and Australian citizen therefore allowing her to complete her studies here ...

My fiancee is a green card holder, can he marry me before become a us Citizen?
My status is overstayed in the us, and my fiancee is a green card holder by marriage (he's separated, not divorced), I wanna know if he can divorce her before become an us citizen (they'd ...

I want to go to mozambique from zimbabwe do i need a visa?

Please give me web address of USA New Consulate for Visa application.?

Lost passport?
what do you do when you loose a passport? and india or america wont let you come back to the u.s??? we lost the copy and what should we do? how long would the us emassy take to process it?...

How does a vietnamese get a visa for taiwan in usa?

Do they have to be present when my passport's renewed ?
I need to get my passport renewed. I'm a minor in the US. I was wondering if my parents had to be there when it's renewed or if we could just mail in the forms and do it like ...

I have a US visa but I dont want to go ?
i mean i dont want to go NOW. my school starts on 20 Aug.
and Im getting my visa soon . my Q is
F1
is my visa going to start on 20 Aug ?
and If i got it on 20 aug but I may stay ...

What are some jobs at embassies/consulates?
ive always liked working with people and internationally and i was wondering what are the kind of jobs available at embassies/consulates? also, what kind of university programs would someone ...

Usa passport holder need visa to visit saudia arabia or not?

What is the longest visa in terms of months can I obtain for the US from Australia?
I want to visit a friend in the US for 12 months. Will I be able to get a visa for that length of time?...

In my fathers death cert. when he died in US it stated there that my father is a US citizen but he is not yet?
now the problem is his pension here in phils as a retired soldier had been stopped because they say he is a US citizen. Can i ask the US embassy here in phils if my father is a US citizen already ...

Who is the first prime minister in england?

Visa problems?
please can anybody help i am travelling to oz on the 22nd of jan and have recieved my e.t.a visas in my e-mail but can't print them off as it keeps saying that the attchment has not been decoded ...

Change of signature in passport?
I want to renewal of the passport and also change the my signature. What is the procedure to do this. please help
Additional Details
This is an Indian passport. Its very difficult to get ...

Do i need to have a visa in order to go there? What else do i need in order to reach there?
If there were no requirements needed. How can i be able to go there aside form having a passport. Aside from that, is it okay or safe to travel because England is one of the prestige country.....

I want to be a French embassador but i need some help?
Hi im 13 years old and I'm French. I speak fluent English and im practicing my French so Im better at it. I've lived in Malaysia for 9 years.
I was wondering; If i want to be a french ...

British embassy?
can anyone out there PLEASE help me with a contact number or address for the british embassy/consulate here in britain. i can only find foreign embassy addresses,i need to contact our own here in uk ...

When can i apply for my fiance's visa?
can i apply immediately after the oath taking ceremony or after receiving the certificate for naturalization?...

MeShell
What is the difference between a diplomat and an ambassador?

Show all answers
Post your answer

MaLes
an ambassador is the head of an embassy.
an ambassador IS also a diplomat, but he or she holds the highest rank in a diplomatic corps.

so basically, there's no difference in terms of meaning...

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

wilma m
Ambassador is the representative or alter ego of the President of the country he represents; while diplomat is the representative for economic reresentation in the country he is sent.

Ebby
Rating
Every ambassador is a diplomat, but not every diplomat is an ambassador.

Ambassador is the head of the diplomatic mission, all other staff at an embassy are diplomats.

In short, a diplomat is any person appointed by his/her country officially to conduct duties or negotiations on behalf of his/her country in another country, and therefore enjoys certain privilages and immunities.

Phartzalot
Rating
An ambassador is appointed to head an embassy in another country (or to represent in the UN) but is not the only diplomat at the embassy. He's "da boss".

Momothewallabe
Rating
An ambassador is appointed to serve as the official representative of his or her own country. He or She is normally the top ranking government representative stationed in a foreign capital.

A diplomat, by definition of course :), is anyone involved in diplomacy, or the conducting negotiations between representatives of nations.

The Ambassador is a diplomat him or herself and the HIGHEST ranking diplomat in a foriegn country. Generally speaking, underneath the Ambassador are (in order from highest to lowest):

* Minister
* Minister-Counselor
* Counselor
* First Secretary
* Second Secretary
* Third Secretary
* Attaché
* Assistant Attaché
* Chargé d'affaires

They are all collectively known as the Diplomatic Corps.

Hope this helps! :)

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy