Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Embassies & Consulates
Legal Discussion Forum

 Can I fill out the information for my boss? 10 points. Thank you?
My boss is applying for business visa to a meeting in Indonesia. He filled out the form, but the information is incompleted.

For example: He wrote his name, but not his home address. He ...

 I want my Birthcertificate to translate into english from urdu and then into polish?
so my son can apply for polish passport. Any suggestion?...

 Can any body give me a help?
Any body can give me a help over how can I get permission to go anywhere as a human refugee with my family fleeing sectarian war in Iraq?...

 Who should I contact in Kazakhstan to report possible tax fraud.?
Does anyone have the name and address of who I should contact in Kazakhstan when I suspect tax fraud is being committed in their country....

 Why is it so hard to get a Visa into the United States if you're an ex-con?
If you murdered someone, raped someone, sold drugs etc. , i can see why the US can be hesitant to let you in the country. But I went to see a Norweigan Black Metal band named 1349 and their drummer, F...

 In how many years can I become a us citizen?

 How do I address a consul general in a letter?

 If i wanted to travel to Syria and i have Israel on my passport could i just pull out the page?
and no one would know?...

 Porque no encuenrto travajo?
my busines ar slow i cant fine noteng ...

 Just now i called to abuja the phone no.i got through google search?
they saying if u recruit through hitech recruitment means its true and i given my job ref no.after that they said give a call to human resource....

 About european visa.....?
Hi ,
Does anybody knows abour fiance visa , to get to go to europe?
my b/f is in europe and i'm out of the continent. We wanted to know if he can take me to europe - france- thru ...

 Do I need original birth certificates if I have my Philippine passport to apply for a canadian tourist visa?
I will get it in Los Angeles and I have a 10-year multiple US visa....

 Why is it they give out student visas but they cant work officially?
I am definitely pro american and a military vet, but this question is weird-

I have a friend of a friend who is from nigeria, not a US citizen, and got a student visa. So she goes to ...

 My question is the one below?
i applied for a K1 visa for my fiance in june of 2005 was approved in august. I went to see my fiance and now im 6 months pregnant. Is there anything i can do to get him here before the baby comes? ...

 Should Chavez realy be planing to defend an invasion of Venezuala?
Did he take foriegn investor's property away and pocketed the procedes of sale? Why does Pat Robertson want him dead?
Additional Details
I know Pat Robertson is probably crazy, but ...

 I am a US Citizen.Mother-English;Fa... in Scotland.How can i claim Tri-nationality?
I was sent a letter when I was 18 to choose the main country for citizenship. I chose U.S. Now I would like to claim tri-nationality. Can I do that? How can I do that???...

 Who is ahmed the terrorist?
my friends say that it is funny but my muslim friends say that it is offending so what does he say?...

 What foreign language is most likely to get me a job in saudi arabia?
hello everyone Id like to get a job in saudi arabia and I was just wondering what language is needed the most there. I was thinking of some the following: russian, spanish, polish, or portuguese and ...

 What does a counsel do in foreign relations?

 Looking for a flag, possibly discontinued or no longer of a current nation-it's red on the bottom stripe . .
yellow in the middle, and black on top, with all colors of the same amount. Any info about this flag would be appreciated or links to info about it. Or with black on bottom, red on top. ..asking ...

Hi i want to get a passport for my daughter?
Im 18 years old and i am american. i currently live in yemen and am married within my religion of islam however i am not married legally. my husband has traveled and he hasnt given me any date on when hes coming back and im not sure if he is.im stuck in yemen because he wasnt here when i delivered our baby and now the embassy requires he give permission to obtain a passport. he wont give me permission. what should i do? how can i obtain a passport and do i really need his permission since he and i are both american citizens. serious answers only. thanx so much

Show all answers
Post your answer

Can you travel to or call another country to speak with a different US embassy staff? That's might be your best bet.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

As of February 1, 2008, the law requires the signature of both parents, or the child's legal guardians, prior to issuance of a U.S. passport to children under the age of 16.


Both parents, or the child’s legal guardians, must execute the child’s passport application and provide documentary evidence demonstrating that they are the parents or guardians; or the person executing the application must provide documentary evidence that such person has sole custody of the child; has the consent of the other parent to the issuance of the passport; or is acting in place of the parents and has the consent of both parents, of a parent with sole custody over the child, or of the child’s legal guardian, to the issuance of the passport.


The law does provide two exceptions to this requirement: (1) for exigent circumstances, such as those involving the health or welfare of he child, or (2) when the Secretary of State determines that issuance of a passport is warranted by special family circumstances.

Talk to the IS embassy and see if they can help. Since you are in a foreign country this can be very difficult. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

George L
The first answer above is no doubt well intended, but doesn't really cover the question of how can this woman get a US passport for her daughter. That's a pretty good question as current US law requires the signatures of both parents before a child under the age of 16 can be issued a US passport. Aside from that, husbands and family can definitely block a wife, and/or children from leaving the country whether the wife is Yemeni or American or whatever, and they do.

There are some other aspects to this as well. Do you currently have any immigration status in Yemen? If you are out of status, there are immigration fines that build up over time. Do you have your own passport, or not. Even if the embassy issues you a new passport, there will be questions with Yemeni immigraition over how you came into the country, and your status.

If you can get to the embassy, you need to discuss this with them completely, to see if you even have the ability to leave yourself, and whether your daughter would be able to leave if they can issue a passport at some point. Did you ever register the birth of your daughter at the embassy? If not, that is something you will need to do before they can issue a passport. and you need to see if there are any exceptions to the 2 signature policy. Unfortunately, these problems can be very difficult to resolve.

Here's some relevant text from the Country Specific Information for Yemen available at http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1061.html.

In certain situations, however, foreigners are required to obtain exit visas from the Immigration and Passport Authority headquarters in Sanaa. These cases may include, but are not limited to, foreigners who have overstayed the validity date of their visa; U.S.-citizen children with Yemeni or Yemeni-American parents who are not exiting Yemen with them; foreigners who have lost the passport containing their entry visa; foreign residents whose residence visas are based on their employment or study in Yemen, marriage to a Yemeni citizen, or relationship to a Yemeni parent; or foreign residents who have pending legal action (including court-based "holds" on family members' travel). All minor/underage U.S. citizens should be accompanied by their legal guardian(s) and/or provide a notarized letter in Arabic of parental consent when obtaining exit visas to depart Yemen. In all of these more complex cases, obtaining an exit visa requires the permission of the employing company, the sponsoring Yemeni family member, the sponsoring school or the court in which the legal action is pending. Without this permission, foreigners -- including U.S. Citizens -- may not be allowed to leave Yemen.

American women who also hold Yemeni nationality and/or are married to Yemeni or Yemeni-American men often must obtain permission from their husbands for exit visas. They also may not take their children out of Yemen without the permission of the father, regardless of who has custody (see Special Circumstances section below).

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

you asked
rules for over seas births to US citizens require proof of birth from a doctor or hospital from the birthplace. If you can do that, send the appropriate fee and application and wait for the passport a US passport may also be picked up from the US Embassy near your location. According to US marriage laws if you two do not have an official marriage license filed within the state you guys were married in it isnt recognized by law. Its true in many of those countries a country's embassy will not let a woman leave without her husbands permission BUT as a US citizen you most certainly can leave that country at anytime without his permission especially since your us citizen husband has seemed to desert you. You must contact the US embassy in Yemen and request US assistance to return back to your home country. They will have you sign some papers for a repatriation loan and will also arrange your flights and papers. I speak from hard experience of being stuck in a foreign country and was too scared to leave and couldnt even if I wanted due to being locked in and I had 3 kids with me and was pregnant at the time all kids were us citizens though like me . One day when my mom called I told her in a whisper that I was scared and feared my life and she contacted the US embassy in the country I was in and they collaborated with the local police and showed up to the house and under armed security were removed 4 days later I was home. I am very interested in helping you out as much as possible in giving you information that you need....my email is muslimahforeverUSA@yahoo.com you can correspond with me through that email and tell me a bit more and I can see how I can assist you to get back home over here. I can just tell that all is not right and that you are stuck.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, August 4, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy